Found 1,290 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Burns & McDonnell
Got a burning question about Burns & McDonnell? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Burns & McDonnell employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Many great people and a very good feeling of accomplishment working here." (in 144 reviews)
- "Both are a great benefit if you stay here for your career!" (in 92 reviews)
- "Great culture and mentors." (in 69 reviews)
- "Good pay and a lot of overtime" (in 53 reviews)
- "Good work environment and they make sure you have all the tools necessary for the job" (in 33 reviews)
- "work/life balance is difficult to maintain since every project is always running out of budget" (in 81 reviews)
- "Management were poor and felt micro" (in 52 reviews)
- "There can be long hours and sometimes you have to jump through hoops to get things done." (in 40 reviews)
- "Low salaries and very bonus heavy for total package." (in 37 reviews)
- "Engineers DO NOT ALWAYS make good managers." (in 28 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Burns & McDonnell and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Jul 20, 2023Electrical EngineerCurrent Employee
Great Culture and amazing Employee Stock Ownership Program benefits. Management and coworkers are super supportive and the job security is amazing. We work hard and play hard here. Quality is EXTREMELY important so we put a lot of investment in training, mentorship, and making sure everyone from the bottom up has everything they need to grow and succeed. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone who likes to cut corners but if you want to feel pride in your work and have a team that will have your back, then this is a great company to work for!
You wont last very long if you're wanting to skate by. You get what you put into your work here so if you are wanting to put in the bare minimum you will stick out like a sore thumb in comparison to your coworkers! Also, the maternity leave and paternity leave need a boost! Our child raising policies are outdated to a time when this company was ran by old white guys, but its getting better and the rest of the benefits are great!2
- 1.0Aug 5, 2023EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsOrlando, FL
The best part of working here is you can coast by doing little to no work. Show up at 9AM and leave 5PM.
Everything. If you are a potential client, for your own sake please work with someone else. This is the most unorganized company that I have ever seen. People are lazy and everyone is trying to push their work on other people. They describe it a lateral based company, but the truth is there is no hierarchy so designs are a complete free for all. If you are someone looking to work here, then look somewhere else. Jacobs is better. At BMcD you will be forced to act fake, play political games, receive zero training, learn nothing, and all for low pay. There is an end of year bonus they claim makes up for the low pay, but only if your boss likes you. Oh and by the way, your boss is going to sit in his office all day doing nothing, only to come out and have lunch with his click. Overall the company is nasty place with leadership who will lie and misrepresent themselves to win projects they are not qualified for, then charge the client even more with change orders because BMcD didn’t set the project up the right way from the beginning.8
Burns & McDonnell Reviews FAQs
Burns & McDonnell has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 1,561 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Burns & McDonnell to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
85% of Burns & McDonnell employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Burns & McDonnell 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.