Burtch Works Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Linda Burtch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "good company"

Pros

I work with excellent people

Cons

can not think of any

"Overall Positive Experience"

I worked at Burtch Works full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere, growth and learning opportunities are there if you work hard

Cons

Management is very contentious of their image which can be good, and is important, but remaining authentic and genuine is equally important as well.

3. "Great internship experience with exposure to all facets of the business!"

Former Intern - Industry Research in Evanston, IL
    Former Intern - Industry Research in Evanston, IL

I worked at Burtch Works as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Burtch Works provided an excellent internship environment with many opportunities for professional development! After a well organized and successful hands-on training, I was assigned several projects that provided exposure to all areas of the business and challenged my personal and professional growth. I was trusted to work independently but was welcome to ask questions and continue learning at any given time. The open and collaborative environment of Burtch Works is evident in the physical atmosphere of the office and in the openness every team member has for answering questions, sharing information, and aiding in the general knowledge base of the office. Constructive criticism and helpful feedback was given regularly, along with acknowledgement of hard work and a job well done. All team members were incredibly dedicated to individual professional growth, as well as the overall growth of the company. At the same time, however, no one takes themselves too seriously and are personable and fun!

Burtch Works is in an excellent location just north of Chicago in Evanston with easy access to the CTA and Metra. Compensation was competitive for a summer internship.

Cons

No negative experiences to recount.

4. "Excellent opportunity to grow your recruiting career."

Former Contractor - In-house Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - In-house Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Burtch Works as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked very closely with the leadership of this firm as a contract, in-house recruiter, I can attest that it is top notch. The managing director provides a great example, because not only is she charged with setting and executing the vision for this operation, she is also is a highly successful, full-time Executive Recruiter.

Company culture is highly ethical, collaborative and congenial, with plenty of experience and expertise to tap into, which is especially useful for the less tenured recruiters. For the more seasoned recruiter at a crossroads, this provides an opportunity to proactively advance your career and your earnings potential in a positive environment.

Cons

There are no real Cons that I can see, but here are some helpful facts.....Rewards are big, but only for those who are career minded recruiters. If you don't have the people skills to develop a stong network and a good amount of self motivation this is not the right fit for you. But if you've got the right stuff, it's a great place to work, with a very effective, fair-minded leader at the helm.

5. "Burtch Works has provided me with a challenging and rewarding career step."

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Burtch Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- high potential for growth and many opportunities for hard work to get noticed and rewarded
    - excellent training for entry or junior level employees, along with continual advice from senior leadership on best practices, both in an administrative and strategic manner
    - variety in every day work - never a dull moment!
    - truly collaborative work environment and positive, ethical culture

Cons

No negative experiences in particular. As a part of the recruiting business, we do go through periods of high stress, when clients are uncooperative or when there are multiple job orders to prioritize. I think there is always room for improving how to best handle stressful situations as a team.

6. "Fulfilling, rewarding place to work and the people are so supportive, a really great team!"

Current Contractor - Contract Recruiter in Evanston, IL
    Current Contractor - Contract Recruiter in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Burtch Works as a contractor

Pros

Great office environment, supportive management, helpful and kind coworkers. The best work/life balance I've had in my career! Truly a team environment.

Cons

When I have to go into the office, it's far from my home.

7. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Evanston, IL

I worked at Burtch Works full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Burtch Works for several years, and had a very positive experience. Burtch Works is an extremely reputable, ethical, and effective analytics recruiting firm. The management really cares about maintaining a happy and positive environment for the employees. The employees are supportive, helpful, hardworking, and smart! Although recruiting is an entrepreneurial job, Burtch Works is set up in teams, so you’re able to collaborate with other recruiters. As a recruiter, I felt that I was supported and guided well, and was set up for success.

Cons

I don't consider this a con, but the managers have high standards and expectations for employees who work at Burtch Works.

8. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Burtch Works full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Room for growth: I have been promoted twice since I started working at Burtch Works out of college
    - Constructive feedback: Managers are always available to talk, provide feedback on your work
    - Great culture/employee appreciation: Recruiters and associates are friendly and hard-working; excellent work-life balance and managers are understanding

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences in the two years I've worked here. You get out of this job what you put in and there's a good support system for everyone.

I live in Chicago and was a little hesitant about the commute to Evanston, but the office is conveniently located in the downtown area and very easy to get to off the Purple Line or Metra.

"Produce great results if you're a client"

I worked at Burtch Works full-time

Pros

If you are a client of burtch works you are likely to have a positive experience, that yields great results.

Cons

The office environment for an employee can be difficult to adjust to.

Advice to Management

Avoid being passive aggressive.

10. "Its good company"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Its good company
    Good environment
    Good pay scale

Cons

Growth is not there
    Management is not proper

Advice to Management

Its good company
    Good environment