Burwood Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Theoharous

"Smarter Solutions. Better Outcomes"

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I value a companies that are transparent with their employees. I strongly believe Burwood exemplifies this. Burwood is constantly trying to improve it's processes whether on the business side or for its internal employees. If an employee has an idea that can improve the company, as long as the employee can provide a strong business case for it, employee's ideas are heard. Down to earth owners who have constant interaction with employees on all levels.

Cons

No crucial cons. When reading Glassdoor reviews, one must take it with a grain of salt. Glassdoor provides an anonymous forum for current or former employees to leave critical comments without having their name attached. Like all companies, not everyone is going to be a fit at Burwood. However, Burwood does an excellent job of providing an environment and giving the tools for its employees to succeed. You just have to be willing to be all in and you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Communication. Like any company or in anything in life, communication always determines success. If a team can successfully communicate, they are generally well off. Teams that can not communicate effectively, fall short. Continue to improve communication between teams, management, and throughout the company.

"Technology, Transparency, Strategy, and Vision"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company strategy and vision are right in-line with my assumptions; we are focusing on the right verticals and markets.
    - Senior leadership provides transparency (strategy changes, financials) which I greatly appreciate. "We are all in this together."
    - Burwood encourages stepping out of your comfort zone and assists with learning new skills.
    - The associate program is a great way to "grow" talent.
    - Burwood understands the trusted advisor relationship better than other consulting firms I have encountered.
    - The new employee onboarding process is the best I have seen. Everything is set up for success on day one. Yes, there is a lot of information to get through but all of it necessary and welcome.
    - Professionalism is expected. With that comes responsibility. The result is that leadership does not micro-manage and expects the consultant to manage his own schedule, ensure the forecast is accurate, and is accountable for results.

Cons

There are no outstanding "cons" that are worth mentioning here. Working with Burwood is exactly as I expected it to be based on past experience, discussions with Burwood management, and full transparency throughout the hiring process.

Advice to Management

- Continue the great work with company progress meetings.
    - The mid-year retreat was very rewarding; looking forward to other opportunities to help the community
    - I'm very happy to witness a sense of family and friendship all over the company. This is a great achievement.

3. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company culture; flexibility; innovative work; team mentality; growth and promotion opportunities

Cons

Client services / consultative resources expected to complete travel

"Love Burwood!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love Burwood! Great company and great culture. Fun place to work and a company that truly cares about its employees. Lots of opportunity for growth and full of smart capable people

Cons

none - can't think of any

Advice to Management

continue your focus on building a great region and a great company

"Burwood Group is a great company!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Burwood is an ESOP, which means that everyone shares a vested interest in succeeding. The company culture is one of excellence and fun. Everyone strives to set a high standard for clients.

Cons

Demanding workload at times, depending on the area of the company in which you work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and flat company structure. The open door policy is what keeps everyone so motivated!

7. "Small VAR that tries to act important."

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Burwood Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few fun gatherings, since the company is tiny.

Cons

There are too many cons to list. High turnover, low salaries, not enough CCIEs, no vision to grow, 2 people run the show as the owners, therefore communication is terrible.

Advice to Management

You know your company is weak.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Culture is the big selling point on Burwood, benefits (100% paid), work flexibility (office/home/clients),

Cons

fast growth(cant be see as both a pro and con) but a bit of growing pains as a result of catching up. Life Insurance is a low amount

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome team and culture. Very supportive group. ESOP, we are all in this together. Great reputation.

Cons

Can't think of any. Wonderful place to work with unlimited opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep up to positive work atmosphere and can do attitude. Burwood delivers solid solutions.

"Great culture, lots of transparency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Openness and honesty from the VPs, the entire company is involved in Burwood's status and plans for the future. Open door policy that is actually upheld. Long tenure and still growing and evolving in the industry.

Cons

Can be a bit disjointed as far as culture goes because of the number of people who work from home, but this seems to be improving as we grow.

"Burwood Green in full force"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very team oriented environment where everyone will make time to help you, provide experienced advice, and in general just brainstorm with. I have never been around so many people that are passionate about what they do and driven to grow. I've seen nothing but open collaboration and people who genuinely like sharing ideas and info with others. Fun environment, good people, lots of growth opps.

Cons

I havent experienced anything negative - I am happy to be at Burwood and bleed the Burwood green! Looking forward to helping my region grow!

Advice to Management

Continue with all of the company perks, employee gatherings, and other fun events. I've enjoyed my time at Burwood very much.