Business Intelligence Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 11 reviews

3.6
Business Intelligence Associates CEO Brian Schrader
Brian Schrader
  1. "Great team of people."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Business Intelligence Associates full-time

Pros

- Excellent team environment - Great production level systems - Group lunch Fridays - Really good management - Excellent location and views - Modern technologies - Great team planning

Cons

- Sometimes work was all over the board. One day it would be fix this, the next day was work on that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I think a lot of companies should follow a similar paradigm.

Business Intelligence Associates2018-01-16
  2. "Fabulous Founders"

I worked at Business Intelligence Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll never meet two founders who work together as well as these two do, who are as smart and genuinely caring as they are. You would expect licensed attorneys who are also highly technical to demonstrate and ego, and neither do. They genuinely understand the process of discovery better than pretty much anyone else in the industry, and always set out to do the right thing by their clients and employees. This is... a great place to learn about the industry and contribute in operations or sales.

Cons

There are really very few. There is no perfect environment and since this requires a minimum, I will just use up the space saying there is nothing of note.

Business Intelligence Associates2017-04-30
  3. "Excellent company , feels like home"

I have been working at Business Intelligence Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work life balance, great pay

Cons

beurocratic, deal with lazy people..inefficient

Business Intelligence Associates2013-09-10
  4. "Poor leadership, great product"

Former Employee - IT Systems in Seattle, WA

I worked at Business Intelligence Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small, agile, startup atmosphere, although the start-up thing is a worn button now

Cons

No, distinct leadership. I did not feel they were their for the employees they invest in. Managers micromanage and little respect is given for trying and doing.

Advice to Management

Shred the pork in your leadership and start placing management in the hands of your workers and not the micro managing control freaks you have enlisted in your ranks.

Business Intelligence Associates2013-03-21

August 8, 2013President

Unfortunately, some equate the need to closely monitor underperforming employees as micro-management. Contrary to this post, BIA's management team strives to find team members who have the skill, knowledge and expertise to accomplish their job objectives and responsibilities without ...

5. "Company needs to mature"

in Seattle, WA

I worked at Business Intelligence Associates

Pros

Small company with no political overhead. Ability to have an major impact on the product. Flexible work schedule. Interesting problems

Cons

Disorganized executive leadership Processes need to mature Poor communication

Advice to Management

It's great to be agile, but a better process for decision-making and executing against those decisions would help drive a more solid product to market faster.

Business Intelligence Associates2010-06-08

August 8, 2013President

As always, we strive to keep a very open door policy and wish that more employees felt comfortable sharing their thoughts while they were still here. Every management team could do better, and we're constantly striving to increase our focus, provide better products and respond quickly ...

6. "Pros: Fast growing company. Strong leadership. Cons: Compensation not competitive"

I worked at Business Intelligence Associates

Pros

Business Intelligence Associates is a small, but fast-growing company. If you are in early, you have the best chance of moving up in ranks. Employees are easy to work with. Company outings and free snacks are some of the perks. Focused executives leading the company in the right direction. Expanding even in a dwindling economy.

Cons

Compensation not as competitive as other companies. Training is insufficient. Hard work is recognized, but not rewarded.

Advice to Management

Better training for employees. Technology is constantly changing and employees need to keep up with the times.

Business Intelligence Associates2009-05-09

August 8, 2013President

Thank you for the overall glowing review! As for the training and compensation concerns, those clearly have changed over the years. BIA has taken on very aggressive training initiatives, including steps like requiring all Project Managers to be ACEDS certified! Every manager has ...

7. "Good work culture"

Current Contractor - Sales Associate

I have been working at Business Intelligence Associates for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance in this company

Cons

Not great innovation in this company

Advice to Management

Try to be innovative Adopt technologies

Business Intelligence Associates2018-10-19
  8. "Great technology; interesting business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I worked at Business Intelligence Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Interesting technology - Dynamic start-up like environment - Nice perks; such as free breakfast and snacks - Positive culture; friendly people

Cons

- Some sense of instability - Senior management doesn't always seem grounded in reality

Advice to Management

- Focus more on core business opportunities

Business Intelligence Associates2012-06-12

August 8, 2013President

It's always great to hear ideas, even better when they come from employees while they are here. I just wish this employee would have taken advantage of our open door policy. We're always striving to make BIA a great place to work and the best provider in the industry!

9. "Very hands on role, alot of technical knowledge required, however, lots of training given."

Software Engineer in

I have been working at Business Intelligence Associates

Pros

training and development opportunities are excellent,

Cons

There aren't really any cons i suppose one could be the salary could be better

Business Intelligence Associates2011-01-19

August 8, 2013President

It's wonderful to hear the great feedback! Who wouldn't like to make a little more money, right? Thank you for your comments!

10. "Good Good"

I have been working at Business Intelligence Associates

Pros

Good place to work, like the people, the pay is all right. There is a lot that can be learned here.

Cons

THe hours can be long but that is just how things are in this business. Some office politics.

Advice to Management

Treat people as they deserve to be treated. Have a fair and well devised incentive structure would best fulfill that end.

Business Intelligence Associates2010-01-22

August 8, 2013President

Glad to hear that you enjoy working with BIA and value your team! The hours can be long, but what sector of the legal business doesn't have it's share of late nights? Since this posting, we've made some great strides in furthering our incentive programs - even instituting a monthly ...

Found 11 reviews