Business Management International Reviews | Glassdoor

Larry Schiff

1. "Never A Dull Moment"

Current Employee - New York in New York, NY
    Current Employee - New York in New York, NY

Pros

I work on the BMI vertical for Office Product Distribution. The system is very complex, supposedly one of the "largest" ISV verticals out there. We are constantly moving the product forward from a technological and feature prospective. What I love about my job is the constant learning of new things. I know that I am way ahead of my fellow colleagues who are doing generic Nav installs. The exposure to new technology just keeps on coming. I am definitely a beneficiary of that. Also a great deal of teamwork is required and I love that.

Cons

Not really a con, but our Office Product installs are very complex and the companies we service are on the large side of the scale. The end result is that a go live is very demanding and time consuming and it takes a couple of days to recover...............but its very satisfying and worth it in the end.

Advice to Management

We need more hires. I know you are trying, but looking for A people all the time is limiting. We can use some B's as well.

2. "Sorry I left"

Pros

Working from home / anywhere. Challenging work. Great group of talented people. Made to feel like part of a team. Direct supervision is hands on and involved with the work. I'm sorry I left BMI for another "opportunity"

Cons

As is always the case with software development and implementation there was pressure to perform, meet deadlines, etc., but no more than one should expect.

Advice to Management

Having been with two companies in the last tree years, I look back and really appreciate what management did for me at BMI.

3. "Great workplace for self-motivated, highly skilled people"

I have been working at Business Management International full-time

Pros

Being able to work from wherever I am has been a huge plus for me. My co-workers at BMI are very experienced and talented, and strive to get the job done right the first time. We work well together as a team.

Cons

Working alone most of the time has it's drawbacks in the social aspect. But those drawbacks are more than compensated for by the flexibility that BMI's structure affords.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more communication from top management to the whole company.

5. "Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Nav Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Nav Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Business Management International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are self-motivated and thrive when faced with challenges in software implementation and development, this is a great place to build a career. The work is intense, but the company has built a team that handles it extremely well. The people are the most positive aspect of this company. I've found that even when the pressure is on everyone maintains an attitude of working well together, finding solutions and encouraging each other.

Cons

The office culture is unique in that all employees work remotely - but technology provides plenty of opportunities to interact effectively.

Advice to Management

While working remotely does allow for a degree of flexibility, it would be a great boost to add some additional time off in the benefits package.

"Logger"

Current Contractor - Logger
    Current Contractor - Logger

I have been working at Business Management International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is well, It is an easy job to make extra cash

Cons

Because this position is remote it is difficult to be apart of the company. It is easy to get lost in translation with direct supervisor.

Advice to Management

Management should have weekly check in with Loggers to see where they're at in regards to the job.

"Great company to work for, not particularly organized but they let you do your work."

Former Employee - Navision Programmer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Navision Programmer in New York, NY

I worked at Business Management International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management has your back when dealing with customers, you have time and no one hovering over your work.

Cons

Managements lack of interest in day to day issues can lead to problems on projects. They are not proactive at all in dealing with issues.

Advice to Management

Talk to your underlings more than 1-2 times a year! It doesn't take more than a few hours a month to have a meaningful conversation with someone.

"Enjoyed my job, most of the employees were gerat"

Pros

One of the leading PRO's in the world, stability (until offered early retirement), promotions for those who work for them, good benefits

Cons

Upper management limits supervisors in regard to their immediate employees and have a hard time turning over day-to-day processes to their managers/supervisors. Some people get more attention from upper management while others are overlooked. Too much wasted time on frivilous outings and/or meetings.

Advice to Management

Don't show favoritism just because someone else has a different belief or color of skin. Recognize the hard workers and commend them in front of peers.

Business Management International Response

Jun 9, 2015 – President

This is not a BMI employee. We are a software ISV providing training and support for Microsoft ERP and this posting is for a very different type of company. We had postings removed in the past that ... More

"Good place to work at. Good benefits."

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, no stress.

Cons

Vacation days do not increase after the 3 weeks.

"Best of the Worst"

Pros

Good product offering
    Flexible in crafting a solution for a customer
    Great Service Departments
    very forward thinking
    good training program
    good compensation plan

Cons

lousy solutions and IT departments
    horrible communication
    too many lay-offs. Initial training is great but it ends once the reps are in the field
    no marketing department

Advice to Management

If an entire team doesn't produce is it the manager or the team? I would say the manager. get a better marketing department

Business Management International Response

Jun 10, 2015 – President

This is not a review of BMI. The terminology of this comment doesn't even sound like our company. We have no reps in the field and our team always produces. This again sounds like a different ... More