Butler/Till Media Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Butler/Till Media Services President Kimberly Jones
Kimberly Jones

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people and benefits"

Current Employee - Digital Coordinator
    Current Employee - Digital Coordinator

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intelligent people all wanting to do great work as a team
    Awesome employee benefits
    Management understands you're a human first--understanding

Cons

Disconnect between upper level and entry level communication

Advice to Management

Make sure to include or speak with entry level employees about the work they may do before adding a new client to their plates.

2. "Great Culture & Smart People"

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time

Pros

* Intelligent people
    * Work-life balance
    * Happy culture

Cons

* Disorganized growth
    * Lack of process
    * Work harder, not smarter attitude about some things

Advice to Management

Continue keeping culture top of mind as B/T grows. It's why the smart people stay, because it's definitely not the pay.

Oct 25, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're proud to have a group of intelligent employee owners driving our business and look forward to positive growth and improvement with your... More

3. "Great Company To Work For"

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time

Pros

Butler/Till is a great company to work for that really feels like a family. Some really great benefits (dog day Friday, in office parties, high-five program).

Cons

Senior leadership can be a bit detached from the day-to-day but they put in the effort to be transparent.

Jan 15, 2018 – Director of Human Resouces

Thanks for your review. We work hard to maintain the family dynamic that Sue and Tracy installed all those years ago and appreciate the candidness of your feedback.

4. "-"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are encouraged to step out of your comfort zones and question everything. The culture at Butler/Till is one of a kind. No matter your level at the company, everyone is warm and welcoming! You can easily step into the top leadership offices to chat and they are always more than happy to talk to you about anything.

Butler/Till is always striving to be better. There are classes you can take on site (business related and fun classes like free workouts and book clubs) as well as innovation imperatives to help grow the company.

There are dogs on Fridays. Enough said.

Cons

Butler/Till focuses a lot on the long-term benefits of working for the company. This is great for employees that are older but can sometimes keep younger employees from staying. There are a lot of benefits that you won't ever get the opportunity to take advantage of for another 20+ years which makes it difficult if you're unhappy with your current pay.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the boundaries on how business is run at Butler/Till. Retaining younger employees is key to having a growing business in years to come.

Dec 5, 2017 – Director of Human Resouces

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
    We're glad to hear that you take advantage of the many ways we strive to provide value for our employees through our training and culture.
    Of course... More

"A team you want to join!"

I worked at Butler/Till Media Services full-time

Pros

Satisfied Coworkers, Feeling fulfilled, Benefits and management

Cons

No cons - I was very satisfied here as an employee

Advice to Management

I was very satisfied with management and loved that they listened to my input and even more so, asked for it.

Nov 21, 2017 – Director of Human Resouces

Thanks for your feedback. We strive to create an environment where our employees can feel satisfied and fulfilled. We hope that you continue to share your input in all of your endeavors - we... More

"Great Place to do Great Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Ownership culture. There's a mindset that employees own the company, own their careers and take full ownership of their work.
    - Employees have full visibility to the company's current performance and the long-term business strategy.
    - Every team/department is passionate about continually improving and challenging themselves.
    - Extremely human company. Understanding of people's needs for flexibility and balance, while committed to business success and growth.
    - Lots of opportunity for those that are passionate about the work, proactive about their career and caring toward everyone they work with.

Cons

- Agency size. B/T is doing great things, but they're not a global agency working on global brands. If that's important, they wouldn't be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Don't change the values, but keep evolving and growing the business.

Feb 7, 2017 – Director of Human Resouces

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Our employee ownership and our passion for what we do are obviously very important to us and it’s so great to hear that you feel the same way and represent... More

7. "Invest in a company that invests in you"

Current Employee - Group Account Director in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Group Account Director in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Proud to be a part of this progressive organization for the past 20 years. Integrity defines everything we do. Highly collaborative culture filled with smart, genuine people, with numerous ways to get involved in whatever you’re passionate about. Expectations are high, but fair. Applying key learnings when we 'miss' is equally as important as success and is the cornerstone of our innovative environment. Our forward-thinking leadership team has carried on the homegrown values of our founders. Butler/Till holds high standards for quality and is exceptionally supportive of our most important asset, our people. Supporting causes that are important to us as individuals and mixing in fun with a lot of hard work are at the heart of everything we do. Being employee owned brings amazing cultural and financial benefits.

Cons

I don't have any cons to share at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to DREAM BIG and inspire us with your words, actions and leadership.

Jan 3, 2017 – Director of Human Resouces

Thank you for your positive feedback. We wouldn't be the company we are today without the kind of support and dedication that you and all of our employees demonstrate. We'll continue to dream big... More

8. "The Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros:
    Progressive workplace
    Opportunity to pave your own path
    Benefits are AMAZING - ESOP, culture overall, healthcare, flex hours
    Creativity and innovation is encouraged at all levels
    Feels like a family, very collaborative, we're all in this together
    Open door policy at all levels
    Did I mention we're an ESOP? We own it. All of it.

Cons

I have no cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with your fellow owners. We're all in this together!

Oct 31, 2016 – Director of Human Resouces

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We're so glad that you feel this way and that you're a part of our family of owners. Continue to pave your path, collaborate, and innovate!

9. "my time here"

Pros

Great place to work. Awesome culture.

Cons

Long hours, but if you want a career, think about working here.

Aug 10, 2016 – Director of Human Resouces

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time here and your contribution to our “awesome culture.” We hope that, while there are sometimes long hours, you were able to balance that with some... More

10. "Working at B/T is a dream"

I have been working at Butler/Till Media Services full-time

Pros

-Overall happy environment/ employees love coming to work
    -Employee-owned culture drives us even more to contribute to success
    -The perks are amazing ex: flex hours, summer hours, ESOP, Health & Wellness Committee
    - B/T genuinely cares about employees and their growth and how each and everyone of us can help better the agency
    -Senior leadership is approachable, it feels like a family here

Cons

I do not have any cons

Aug 1, 2016 – Director of Human Resouces

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so happy you love coming to work every day and appreciate some of the benefits that we're able to provide, like the flex hours, committees... More