Byram Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Perry Bernocchi

Pros
  • Great people for the most part, overall good company (in 3 reviews)

• NONE BECAUSE OF THIS MANAGER BRING THE COMPANY DOWN BECAUSE SHE IS CAUSING A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee's set up to fail by upper management (in 7 reviews)

• There is only room for growth if you kiss a lot of butt (in 3 reviews)

1. "Days are rough but rewarding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Byram Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We sometimes forget why we are in the healthcare business in the first place. There are many within the organization that only care about what they get from the company. Those individuals need to be weeded out. Each day is different and many can be difficult but at the end of the day, we are helping people that truly need our care. Byram offers that and although they are not perfect, nobody is. Byram continually strives to be better and it shows.

Cons

Missing an overall consistent training program. Not only for newer employees, but for career development of the valued employees that have years of service with the organization. Management seminars and ongoing customer service trainings should be conducted.

2. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Byram Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your co workers holidays off

Cons

The 5 star reviews that are the most recent are all obviously self-created by management. No one I know in their right mind would rate this place 4-5 stars. Canned reviews.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, and making huge decisions about the workfloor without discussing it with the floor and employees first. Your sales are dropping for a reason. Stop treating sales people like they are below you and not included in meetings and decisions. Company was much better run 1-2 years ago. Stop hiring from outside instead of promoting from within. Do not recommend for anyone who wants to grow with company. People who have never worked for this company are making big changes without understanding the workflow. Outdated order software.

3. "Worst place ever"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in White Plains, NY

I worked at Byram Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits was okay

Cons

Dis organize management, company was going through restructuring

Advice to Management

Need competent

5. "Customer service manager"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Byram Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good leaders, upward mobility

Cons

Micro management, high pressure, some red tape.

6. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Byram Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were amazing. Getting to help people in serious need of it.

Cons

Not applicable it was a decent place to work.

7. "Verifications"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Pros

Challenging with decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Broken and outdated system, that always caused problems, things were always being added on to our tasks to work around the screw ups of the system. Communication was terrible and training was inconsistent at best. My first day should have been a red flag when nobody even came to greet me and the person who was supposed to meet me failed to show up that day and didn't tell anyone else I would be coming. They told me they disagreed with evidence I had that another employee was being dishonest and that they needed to further look into what I was doing wrong even though I had never shown up on any of their reports. Every time I had a question, I would get different answers from different people. I felt like I was the only one who actually cared about the customers getting their supplies, most everyone else seemed to just do whatever it took to get higher numbers, including lying and eventually canceling the order for no apparent reason. I could go on further but I will stop here.

Advice to Management

Invest in a system that works and actually listen and care about your employees. Have a work flow with better communication and accountability.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

I have been working at Byram Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable company with excellent insurance contracts

Cons

Some confusion by patients on how to re-order their supplies. Re-orders can be the pain point of the job and no compensation for that piece of the business.

Advice to Management

Try to include more sales people into the winner circle.

"Mismanagement"

Current Employee - Associate in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Byram Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team members are helpful and very friendly, never a dull day.

Cons

Management is full of itself and lack the people skills to be true leaders.

Advice to Management

Promote individuals with ability to be difference makers, and not based on favoritism.

10. "Don't Waste Your Time!!!"

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Byram Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Co worker's and a pay check is all I can think of and that should not be the only pros of a job.

Cons

Everything except the Co worker's. Management unfortunately is clueless. The whole office is extremely unsanitary. This company has lost several great long time 10-15 years of service employees within the past year and that shows a lot about the company and the morale and values of the company.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to humble yourselves and learn your jobs. You can't be upper management and not know anything about the position of the employees you manage. Also, implement the friendly factor rule. A simple "Good Morning" goes a long way than frowning and walking past your employees to get to your office and close the door.

"Run.... I wouldn't waste my time here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Byram Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing at all! It's like an abusive relationship. When you first get their they try and charm you but you soon find out the real way they do things

Cons

Management- Rude, pushy, micromanaging, speaks to employees like dirt, they harass even the hard working employees. HR does nothing about these problems either
    Building- Everyone gets sick and spreads germs because if you miss a day you will get written up for it. The bathrooms are terrible looks like a gas station bathroom. No ventilation that's why people are probably getting sick.
    Turnover- Very high turnover! Instead of doing their jobs because they don't get recognized for all the hard work they do. Employees are looking for jobs and going to interviews on their lunches.
    Promotions- You will not be able to advance here. Unless you really kiss butt!! If they don't like you better luck next time. They don't promote from within instead they hire their friends from where they worked before.

Advice to Management

I am not going to spend my time on here telling them what they need to change. They know what they need to change but don't care. They don't listen so I will not waste my time.