Bytion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
German Calas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great work environment/company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Bytion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Bytion for over a year now and I absolutely love it. The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Not to mention, the work we do here! Using cutting edge technology to make our ideas become a reality, most exciting work I've ever done. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has allowed me to learn new things and advance so quickly. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and they put it into practice. Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career goals.

Cons

Rapid growth calls for more employees so I would just say that the more we bring on the faster we reach our new goals

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything!

"Micro Managed Work Experience"

I worked at Bytion part-time

Pros

You can work remotely from anywhere in the US.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. First Bytion is a front for websites to buy social media followers. They own two or three websites. Bytion is just a name the owner pick with no real meaning behind it. The website was made wit ha cheap wordpress template.

I was contacted from an HR representative that was on a "contract" with Bytion. They seemed heavily interested in me, but upon trying to set up calls with the "CEO" (if you want to call a 20 year old kid a "CEO"), he was to busy to set up time to speak with me. What was supposed to take a week or two ended up taking over two months. We finally were able to chat and he wanted me to start ASAP. Weeks go by and I heard no word from him and I had to get REINTERVIEW again as he was asking the same questions from our previous interview. He wanted me to take a design test and by this point I didn't want to have my time wasted so I declined. He then asked me to start the next day and we discussed that is was part time and I can work on my own schedule.

The following day I received an upsetting call from the HR manage saying she put in her notice and quit because she couldn't take working with the owner/CEO. I asked why and she said, she couldn't take being stud up or working with someone so unprofessional. She wished me good luck and never spoke to her again.

I started the next day and everything seemed to be going fine We used slack to chat about projects and updates. I was told by the CEO that I would work directly with him and report directly to him regarding any work I'd be doin , but while working remotely I started to notice odd behaviors from the him and his employees. I was aware he was busy, but when I'd send work from him to review, he'd send me back updates days later. His CTO was run by his GF/wife, not sure, but she was never online as well.

The first odd occurrence was, he'd pinged me randomly through the day asking what I was doing. He did this many times without any reason as to why. I reminded him several times I wasn't available during the day as I would work on my own times (mostly evening) which he said was fine. Getting random pings asking what I was doing seemed odd. I didn't like be shadowed when I specifically told him I wouldn't be available during the day. The best way I can explain it, is a five year old asking you the same question every five minute expecting a different answer. When I did get feedback regarding my work, he would not take my professional opinion to heart and wanted to have things his way. This was frustrating, but he's the owner so whatever he wants, he gets.

The second odd occurrence was an employee who managed the slack channel would monitor when people would log on and off slack. You had to enter a time stamp to say when you were on and when you were off/ taking a break. If you were even a minute late he'd "write you up" to have discussions with the CTO (the owners GF). I told him I was part time and that I did work on my own time that the CEO approved of, but he didn't care and wrote me up during the day when I wasn't supposed to be online. As the days went on he seem to have a vendetta about me not going online on time when I wasn't even working the same hours as him. If I got up to use the bathroom for a couple minutes and came back to my computer, he'd complain I was gone to long. Eventually, I told him to speak with the owner and reminded him again I had my own agenda set by him. I called the CEO to discuss this as I didn't liked to be monitored or shadowed every minute. When I spoke with the CEO he apologized and said he'd speak with him, but the harassing kept continuing. I started logging on through out the day and what was supposed to be a "part time" job turned into a full time role. This wasn't what was discussed or agreed upon.

The final odd occurrence that I didn't like was they have you install a program that tracks your keystroke and monitors your computer screen, It will take a random picture every 20 minutes of your screen. I felt like my privacy was being invaded because it was on my personal computer. If I got text messages through iMessage or log into bank account they will see it. I was not ok with this. Even the key tracking was completely inaccurate and not logging proper time. Since I work on a duel screen monitor, I do work on one screen and have other windows open in the other. The program was taking blank pictures of my screen and show I "wasn't working". How was it supposed to track when I'm doing work by writing stuff down physically, sketching, creating, or coming up with ideas? I immediately complained about this and the owner said he'd shut it off. When I logged into look, it was still on. As two or three weeks went by I called to owner to quit as I couldn't deal working with a bunch of unprofessional people. I found out they ripped me off and didn't pay me for 6 hours worth of work after I left, and never paid me after I contacted them.

One of the worst places to work for. STAY AWAY. Working remotely may see great, but not for this company, its not even a "company". Just a bunch of people running a page to "purchase" social media followers.

Advice to Management

Grow up. You won't make it by running scam websites like purchasing social media followers.

Feb 5, 2018 – Director, People & Culture

Our Leadership Team has read your review several times and we are very confused about most of the statements and claims. However, we do appreciate honest feedback and would like to go through your... More

3. "Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer CEO"

I have been working at Bytion full-time

Pros

The company is growing and expanding.

Cons

It's a growing company with some pains along the way.

"Fast paced company on the cutting-edge"

Current Employee - Affiliate Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Affiliate Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bytion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for Bytion for about over 5 years now, I can say the company is very fast-paced, and always on the cutting edge of technologies, industries and marketing. The people are smart, we're able to have a big say in what/how things get done, hours are fleixible and ability to work remote is a huge plus. They pay extremely well, benefits are superb and the performance bonuses can be really good.

Cons

Laptops/hardware is only provided if you're In-House, not to remote employees.
    Fast paced means things can change quickly, including the tools used for the job, so being adaptable is very important.
    Strict on clocking in no clocking out for remote employees, even for breaks.

Advice to Management

There have been ups and downs, but all in all, I'm happy to be a part of Bytion. Keep up the good work.

"No Respect For Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Great coworkers. Remote work. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

State your experience, give references, be honest during interview, be treated like you don't know what your talking about once hired.
    Place has a revolving door with people either leaving or planning to leave due to constant negative reinforcement and complete lack of planning.
    Instead of being trusted to use your experience to give estimates you are GIVEN wishful thinking deadlines, then slapped down when you push back, and berated when you can't live up to management's unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire.

"Fast Paced Growing Start Up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Bytion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, good benefits, competitive salary, collaborative environment, fun workspace, company sponsored trips, and growing incredible fast.

Cons

No 401K and sometimes have to work late.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see where we are next year.

Feb 28, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We've been working on implementing a 401(K) plan for the past month, and have projected to have it in effect within the next month or two.

"Unprofessional"

I worked at Bytion full-time

Pros

remote work environment; set schedule

Cons

Required you to use your own personal computer
    Did not provide training
    Required you to download software so they coud see and what you were doing all day
    Micromanaged with constant check-ins

Advice to Management

Speak to people with more respect
    Develop actual processes and systems
    Follow through on what you say you're going to do
    Provide laptops to remote employees if you want them to download all kinds of monitoring software to their personal devices

"CEO/Owner Not Trustworthy"

I worked at Bytion full-time

Pros

Great building, lots of perks. Lot's of great fellow employees.

Cons

The CEO/Owner can't be trusted. He constantly flakes out, almost never makes good on a promise. And he discriminates based on an candiate's looks and age.

Advice to Management

Grow up.

Feb 28, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear I've left a negative impression on you. This definitely comes as a shock to me, as I have never received criticism such as this. In fact, it’s... More

9. "Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Writer
    Former Employee - Writer

I worked at Bytion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have policies that will inspire you to do your best.

Cons

It's not worth your time. Good only if you're seeking experience.

10. "Great Job; Cool Bosses"

I have been working at Bytion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Provides higher salaries than other companies for this position
    - Management is very supportive and they don't micromanage
    - The executives are very hands-on so you know what they want and it's a good thing because it gets job done faster

Cons

- Time zone difference is 12 hours but it's not an issue since I'm used to it

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work