C-4 Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Michael Weiss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • C-4 has been a pretty challenging place to work (in 28 reviews)

• It is hard to quantify what makes C-4 such a great place to come to every day (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance can be what you make it (in 13 reviews)

• The team at C-4 and the results they deliver are amazing (in 18 reviews)

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at C-4 Analytics full-time

Pros

Great culture, awesome room for growth.

Cons

Location - a little too far from Boston to attract recent grads.

"Good First Job Out of College But Not for the Long Haul"

I worked at C-4 Analytics full-time

Pros

- Friendly coworkers
    - Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

- Low salaries
    - Lack of interest in hiring more staff to support workload

Advice to Management

Be less selfish and support the coworkers who got you where you are.

"Sink Swim or Drown"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at C-4 Analytics full-time

Pros

First month of training was intense and learned a lot. Lot of social activities. There is growth but few make it. It's essentially who likes you and how much crap you can take. Not a lot of innovation.

Cons

Big discrepancy between client expectations that they were sold on and actual marketing process.

Cars cars cars. That's all you work on. It gets boring real fast. Clients are both unfair and not very smart. A bad combination.

I say sink swim our drown. Most people at this company drown. They love to hate their job and hate their job together. A "misery loves company" mantra. The parties are fun at first, but eventually the bs gets old.

Advice to Management

Keep the learning going. Diversify client portfolio. Reduce turnover.

"Great company"

I worked at C-4 Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very intelligent people who truely have a passion for what they do.
    -always looking to improve practices and strategies that will boost their clients profits.

Cons

Health Benifits could be better, other than that it's a great company

"This company really opened the door for my digital marketing career"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saugus, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saugus, MA

I have been working at C-4 Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- everyone is so willing to stop what they're doing and help you learn
    - there is so much training and so much support throughout your time here
    - there is a ton of room for growth
    - did I say there was a ton to learn? This is a digital marketing agency, but you get a taste for the content, creative and paid search department because you dabble in everything.

Cons

The training department has had some turn over and has had external people in the role. The company has finally realized that it's better to have this role as an internal person who understands the value of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your staff because everyone here is amazing and only pushes each other to be the best.

"I’m senior and proud of it!"

I have been working at C-4 Analytics full-time

Pros

Let me say at the outset that I’m a senior and proud of it. I love this job and worked hard to get to where I am. I’m proud of the work we do, the results we get, and the successes we’ve had. I’m also proud of the work that I do. This is a real review and no one asked me to write it. In fact, I had no intention of ever writing a review here. This is true for a number of reasons. Until now, I just really didn’t care about this site. But I just read the review that posted today and was compelled to drop everything to respond. Not for the company, not for the potential candidates, not to “get ahead”, but for myself. We all understand that this page is a forum for the poor, sad, underprivileged and misunderstood FORMER employees to exploit anonymity to reveal to the world all the reasons which anyone but themselves should be blamed for their unsuccessful employment with C-4. Recent examples include aggressive emails with ALL CAPITALS in them, switching out paper towels to the non-leading brand, your good work going unnoticed, etc. The thing that all these “bad” reviews have in common is that they all blame the company for ALL the failures of the people who are no longer with C-4. Read them, it’s always the company’s “fault,” their seniors’ “fault,” managements “fault.” I wouldn’t say C-4 or any company is perfect, but I really enjoy the work, the people and the culture here. I like the work I do and I love the people I do it with. I love when my clients win because that is a win for everyone on our team. I’ve watched the company grow for a small scrappy startup to a major force in the digital marketing industry. And I got to be part of that.

Cons

This job is hard. It’s busy, sometimes disorganized and the work piles up. We’ve grown a lot and they put in an entire new layer of management. Management promoted from within the company. Some of us are still better at handling client accounts and doing the work than managing our peers. I apologize if I’m one of those individuals. Clients are sometimes unreasonable, deadlines are often unreasonable and senior management is usually unreasonable. Work/life balance isn’t always great. Some of these themes are accurately stated in some negative reviews. Most of these themes are way over-exaggerated in most reviews.

Advice to Management

Some of the bad reviews refuse to offer advice to management because “it won’t make a difference”, “they just don’t care” or they are “too concerned with fast cars” to pay attention. I have some advice for management, some advice for new employees and some advice for people seeking employment here. Here’s some advice for all those angry, sad, victimized former employees.

C-4 is not perfect, I said that before. But let’s be honest, the problem can’t always be solely with the company. Evaluate yourself. Have some accountability for your own work, your own success, your own career. It’s so frustrating to read these reviews that are passing off kernels of everyday truth as indicia of what it is like to work here day-to-day. It’s just not true. It’s never about you. Everything can’t be someone else’s fault all the time. Don’t be threatened by achievements of your coworkers. Don’t cry that someone who works harder than you got promoted and you didn’t. They aren’t the owners’ favorite, the owners’ probably don’t even know their name. Your seniors aren’t taking credit for your great work, they are just doing great work.

Don’t write a review saying it’s unfair that you were written up for making a series of dumb mistakes and blame management for putting in a system to catch your dumb mistakes. You made the mistake. Double check your work. Have some pride. Admit you made a mistake rather than acting out that someone is trying to hold you accountable.

Are the tissues not soft enough? Is that really why you left? Is management not paying you the same as the person who got Google certified and has a full client load? Does your friend who just graduated with you make six figures at Snap? You deserve six figures too! Does the owner drive a nicer car than you do? I’m sorry that you believe that success is not earned and you are entitled to something if you show up and try a little. No participation trophy for you? Call Daddy and tell him you deserve a sports car and a participation trophy! Did management take away pizza day? Well, I’m with you there. (If anyone from management is reading this, you really should bring back pizza day!). I’m sorry you feel that you were treated like a child. But your review proves that you’re an emotional toddler. It’s the equivalent of a three-year old throwing a tantrum. You are in the real world now. Stop blaming everyone else for your failures.

C-4 is generally a fun place to work but they are not responsible for your individual happiness. The company is not responsible for your success. Success is a consequence of competing and winning and showing up isn’t enough. It’s not an undue hardship or someone else’s fault because you didn’t get a raise and a promotion in three months. We are your co-workers; not your parents. It is C-4’s job to give you the tools you need to be successful, it is up to you to get the motivation and skills to succeed. Take a good hard look at yourself. These are hard lessons. They are the reason you are no longer employed here. Use them to make yourself better.

And lastly, please bring back pizza day. We all want it back.

"Do you like where you work?"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Saugus, MA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Saugus, MA

Pros

-Excellent training out of the gate. I went through a full training curriculum. It was pretty substantial.
    -The company promotes from within, so I was given a great career path.
    -Plenty of opportunity to grow and learn within my own role.
    -The middle management is excellent here. I have a ton of support.
    -My co-workers are absolutely awesome and make coming into work every day so early. Super great bunch of people.
    -I work closely with a really great team who I have a lot of respect for professionally.
    -Upper management are serious about the company and have us going in the right direction.
    -The company not only delivers top-notch work to our clients, but they really care about their employees.

Cons

-We have a lot to do every day. Not everyone can hack it or keep up with it.
    -I don't love the open office environment, but at the same time, it's because of that environment that I love it here.
    -The clients are mostly automotive. So, if you don't like that industry, this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You have a great group of people here!

"The Best Place I've Worked, But Also the Most Demanding"

I have been working at C-4 Analytics full-time

Pros

-If you're good at account management, you've got a great career path here. If you're on one of the production teams, you've got a great career path here. Everyone pretty much loves working here. Promotions happen from within and are announced and celebrated company-wide. I love that we don't get external managers, but instead people internally get to take those positions!
    -The perks are great. The company is a Google and a Bing partner. We're always working on one beta or a new technology. It's truly cutting-edge working here. I'm learning a TON! We also get bagels on Tuesdays and lunch at least once a week. When it's busy, they buy us lunch daily.
    -The company is flexible. We can WFH, we get a few weeks off per year, there is an open-door policy for management, and we can work from either our offices or many other open areas in the company.
    -There is a recently implemented "quiet area" that we can go to to focus if we need to. I've used it a few times so far and it's been helpful.
    -They are very transparent. We have an innovation hour every Friday where management speaks and tells us what's going on.
    -Employees are APPRECIATED!! We get bonuses from time to time, spot acknowledgements, there is an employee appreciation award, there is an open board where we can thank each other publically.
    -If you excel at your job, you will be promoted quickly, many of the people I work with were promoted quite fast.

Cons

-The work/life balance can be what you make it.
    -If you do what's expected of you, you'll do fine here, but there are a lot of very smart and motivated people here, so be forewarned.
    -Working a roughly 40-hour work week is possible, and many people do it, but many people stay longer hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your employees. We are very motivated to work for a great company. Continue the charitable events. We love them and we love that you give back.

"Fair and Balanced"

Pros

There are a lot of good things about C-4. At some agencies you get exposure only to small components of that company does. Not here. Here you get real life experience. The team is pretty awesome. Everyone is very focused and all the newbies and mid level teams are awesome and smart. The atmosphere is pretty laid back and fun, but serious too. It’s hard to explain. What’s cool about working here is you actually get to handle your own clients and roll with the strategy. There’s a real camaraderie here, a sense of doing everything together. If you need help, it’s here. If what you are doing is working, you don’t have to answer to anyone. If you come up with a great idea, it will get implemented.

Cons

A bunch of the bad reviews complain about pay/benefits, work & life balance and the CEOs. I think the benefits are pretty good and I wouldn’t say I’m underpaid. What I will say is there’s a lot of work. Money isn’t everything, but for some it is. I think the work and life balance is off. Here’s another thing, if you are working your butt off and you get in trouble for making a small mistake, it makes you feel bad and under-appreciated. But you have to be able to suck it up and realize you made a mistake. There are three bad reviews that are very similar and call out the CEOs and say they are greedy and brag about their cars. Anyone with half a brain can see they are written by the same person and are just personal attacks. Obviously a defense mechanism of someone who couldn’t deal with being fired.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your people as they are your most important asset. The company is growing fast. New people are being added to the team every day. Make sure they feel appreciated and motivated. Remember that most of the good review are written by current employees. Most of the bad reviews are written by people who were fired or who couldn’t cut it. There is a reason that they are not here and the company is better for it. Keep your good employees feeling appreciated and they will reciprocate as I am now.

"Great for experience, not a career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saugus, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saugus, MA

I worked at C-4 Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the best part of C-4 is the people, as many of the other reviews state. You never have to worry about asking someone for help or advice as almost everyone is friendly, helpful, and insightful across all teams (account management, social, creative, and programmatic).

Another major pro of working at C-4 is the experience that you gain. From Google Analytics to AdWords to reporting tools and client communication skills you will master a slew of programs and abilities that will make you extremely valuable to multiple employers.

Cons

One major con is the pay, which is low, even for the advertising industry. Having such a low salary makes it difficult to stay loyal to the company when working full time barely pays well enough to make rent/ mortgage each month. Unless you prove yourself by working hard and get on the right people's side your salary bump when you do get promoted will not make much of a difference.

In addition to the low salary, those in the executive suite are very out-of-touch with the rest of the company. They always ask the account management team for referrals from existing clients, but then give the AM a hard time and will often low-ball when compensation time rolls around.

Finally, there is a major problem with clients saying "jump" and the company asking "how high?" Client retention is obviously important, but management will often ask AMs to go to extreme lengths to please a client, often to the point where it has negative connotations on existing, happy clients because the goals of the happy clients have to be pushed to the side to make way for the angry client.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees and start doing what they request, don't just say you will and then sweep it under the rug. Additionally, work on expanding the scope of the agency outside of automotive (and no, this does not mean just one or two account managers that have "non-automotive" clients) as this would make the agency much more appealing to a wider group of people.

Finally, and most importantly, the company is hugely profitable, start compensating employees like it is.