Cover image for C.H. Robinson

3.7
C.H. Robinson President and CEO Bob Biesterfeld
Bob Biesterfeld

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefit if compare to other company in Malaysia as this company from oversea and more stable.(in 267 reviews)
  • "The people that work for the company are truly great people and fun to work with!(in 228 reviews)
  • "Company and workplace culture is great(in 101 reviews)
  • "Good work environment for building career(in 62 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers ( in your office)(in 41 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low for work put out & can take a while to receive better pay(in 151 reviews)
  • "Poor management can really suck all the fun out of the job.(in 128 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance(in 85 reviews)
  • "Long hours with an expectation of answering your phone/emails no matter what day or time it is.(in 75 reviews)
  • "Everything is up to Manager's discretion so if you have a horrible manager your job will be the same,(in 60 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of C.H. Robinson and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Opportunity

Mar 26, 2022 - Carrier Representative in Sartell, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my time here, I have seen opportunities that I would not get at your usual large corporation. The onboarding program and investment in employees is unparalleled even at the entry level. They have a comprehensive hands on program that prepares you for a future within the company. Also, there are so many avenues that your managers encourage you to explore. Different roles and positions will open up and I truly believe that if you put forth the effort and spend time networking within the company, you will experience the upward mobility that CH Robinson provides.

Cons

With large corporations, you need to be agile and adaptable. There are restructures and changes that will happen suddenly.

C.H. Robinson Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Feedback is important to us as we strive to remain a great place to work. Have a great day!

2. 5.0

PE

Nov 21, 2022 - Portfolio Executive in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO, Hybrid job, great people.

Cons

Can get repetitive, in office 3 times a week.

3. Join the C.H. Robinson team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company with flexible work environment

Nov 22, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment (Hybrid or fully remote) for the IT department. Strong coding standards with a fully mature software management ecosystem. Great location, right off the highway and the traffic wasn't too bad most every day. On site cafeteria with breakfast and lunch. Recently added a pretty well equipped, but small gym.

Cons

They don't let every employee have the option to work from home full time. Being part of the Kansas City office can feel a little like being a step child.

5. 4.0

Good Environment and Work-Life Balance, but excessive job responsibilities

Nov 18, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working on latest and greatest tech with friendly team and collaborative environment.

Cons

Have to do a lot of additional admin work as a dev.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great first company!

Nov 18, 2022 - Senior Carrier Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced environment and great opportunity to grow a variety of skills early in your career.

Cons

Can be difficult to find opportunities to move laterally if that's your wish. I should have been more candid with my manager as to what I wanted to do long-term.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Nov 17, 2022 - Customer Account Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training, good teamwork, hybrid work schedule.

Cons

Slow career growth, expect to stay in the same role for a long time

8. 5.0

Cool place to grow

Nov 15, 2022 - Carrier Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, cool environment, people, leadership

Cons

I don’t have any cons

9. 5.0

Great culture

Nov 14, 2022 - Logistics Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

room to grow within company

Cons

Stressful hours schedule not flexible

10. 5.0

Operations

Nov 14, 2022 - Global Forwarding Agent in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits starting after 1 month

Cons

No cons as of the first 6 months of employment

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Nov 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Work from home options Consistency

Cons

Just laid off teammmates Pay is below average No room for advancement

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,536 Reviews
</>Embed

C.H. Robinson Reviews FAQs

C.H. Robinson has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 2,827 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at C.H. Robinson to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, C.H. Robinson employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at C.H. Robinson. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

68% of C.H. Robinson employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated C.H. Robinson 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at C.H. Robinson to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with C.H. Robinson Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at C.H. Robinson? Share Your Experiences

C.H. Robinson logo

C.H. Robinson Careers

Cover image for C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson’s legacy of success over 100 years means we’ll always be here for you. Our innovative approach to business, collaborative...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Health, Wealth, Self
  • Connect the World
  • Our Leading Edge

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

135 days ago

Company News
It’s our mission to improve the world’s supply chains. So we’re proud to be recognized by World Finance Magazine “for true commitment to cutting emissions across the company’s entire value chain.” Our people collaborate to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities and world.
Shared image - Sustainability Awards
Sustainability Awards
ms.spr.ly

155 days ago

Company News
Thank you to our Pride employee resource group and everyone who attended #Pride2022 events this month. C.H. Robinson is headquartered in Minnesota, and this was the first year we formally marched in the Twin Cities Pride Parade. We are proud to support our LGBTQIA+ employees, their families, and allies everywhere. #PrideAtRobinson #YouBelongAtCHR
Shared image

C.H. Robinson Photos

+ Add Photo
C.H. Robinson photo of: Take your daughters and sons to work day
C.H. Robinson photo of: Power of Pride!
C.H. Robinson photo of: Our women-focused Leadership Networking Circle has supported the development of 294 high-potential women leaders (and counting). Women now occupy 45% of management positions at C.H. Robinson.
C.H. Robinson photo of: C.H. Robinson Chicago
C.H. Robinson photo of: Connect with our CEO on quarterly virtual Global Town Halls
C.H. Robinson photo of: Join us in celebrating great women+ this Women's History Month. Together, we can #BreakTheBias.
C.H. Robinson photo of: #RemoteWork

Total Quality Logistics

3.5

5,435 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 2,827 C.H. Robinson reviews submitted anonymously by C.H. Robinson employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if C.H. Robinson is right for you.