C Space Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Charles Trevail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Culture is great, office is great, people are great (in 9 reviews)

• Many senior employees who are working moms/dads-- feels good to be at a place that celebrates work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is very challenging to achieve, especially for those in 'lower' positions (in 8 reviews)

• High turnover, long hours, little management or training (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great culture and work"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

Fun, young company with lots of growth opportunities. Great place to start your career.

Cons

The work is really interesting but impact can be difficult to come by. It's hard to say what clients actually do with the insights and recommendations C Space provides.

May 24, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We’re very glad to hear your praise of our company’s rich culture, and the opportunities for people to grow. We certainly agree with... More

2. "Excellent, engaging, exciting"

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I worked at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people care about what they do, there is a diversity of roles, and we always keep learning in numerous industries.

Cons

It can be political at higher levels, with fewer job opportunities as many people stay for their entire careers.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to raise up junior people as they grow, and find the right way to staff teams so the work is done without overtaxing employees.

Oct 4, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for posting your review! I like the words you chose for your headline very much. I agree they typify our environment and our work for clients, particularly in our busy and tightly-knit NY... More

3. "Great company and culture, but need to pay people more if you want them to stay"

Pros

Interesting work, nice and smart people

Cons

The pay is way too low for lower level employees, leading to high turnover rates.

4. "Zero Work-Life Balance. Gender bias is rampant."

Former Employee - Associate Community Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Community Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young, energetic, with generally a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
    Nice location in the heart of the city.
    Beautiful office space.

Cons

As much as the company preaches that work-life balance is very important, the expectations are drastically different.

Also, as a male, I experienced my share of female colleagues and superiors who treated me with disdain for being a man.

In some cases, it wasn’t always clear what impact, if any, the work that you performed for your clients was having in their business.

Advice to Management

Either create a culture of long days at work or allow your employees to push back when it comes time to disconnect from work. Can’t have it both ways.

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thank you for your review and the pros you cited – our incredible people, central location and office space. Your negative comments are concerning to me however since these are two important areas... More

5. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at C Space (More than a year)

Pros

C Space has an excellent culture, and young professionals are mentored through the process and given extensive training.

Cons

Young talent is hired with low salaries and promises of quick promotions, which don't come to fruition.

Sep 26, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

We too are proud of our culture as it’s truly one of the cornerstones of C Space. The people are what make the culture so rich and rewarding, so first and foremost - thank you.

We also strongly... More

"Great place - but must make the right choices to stay great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space full-time

Pros

Human, hard working, smart people. Really interesting work for great clients. C Space is a great place to get tons of experience, opportunities to grow, and learn a lot about multiple industries. Everyone really cares about doing great work and cares about each other. The company is growing in the right direction, looking to become more holistic and innovative problem solvers for our fantastic roster of clients.

Cons

Bureaucratic red tape can hinder our ability to be our best. Management is slow to solve internal problems, likely due more to Omnicom's behemoth nature than shortcomings in C Space leadership.

Advice to Management

Stand up and fight for investments that will allow us to grow in the way you know we need to. Tell it like it is! Realize that no one can do 150% for very long. Don't let your best talent continue to be overworked and under appreciated, or you will lose them all to companies who will give them the resources and the TIME they need to do their best work.

Sep 21, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for sharing your experience by writing this review!

It’s wonderful to hear you are enjoying the people, the work and the opportunities to grow. I think you are spot on in your assessment... More

7. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative, collaborative, smart, engaging, growth.

Cons

Payment is a bit on the low side for the type of consulting we do.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing! C Space is an amazing place to work with a hard working, creative, collaborative culture, full of talented people who are passionate about what they do. The upper level management is very transparent, which is appreciated, and the senior leaders are genuinely interested in, and supportive of, the professional growth of individuals. There are growth opportunities and you are given the space to learn, push yourself, and grow. Furthermore, upper level management is always interested in hearing your thoughts on work, their performance, and more. I love coming to work everyday, so thank you for creating such an amazing environment to work in and accomplish influential things that truly make a difference at our clients' businesses.

Sep 14, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post such a thoughtful review, and for your over 3 years of service! Your role as Senior Consultant is highly valued at C Space; we know you’re... More

8. "C Space"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, passionate, and inspired people

Cons

In transition, some silos--but things are improving

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Oct 4, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for your time at C Space and for sharing your comments. We are indeed fast paced and grateful to have such passionate people contributing to our portfolio of inspiring client work.

Thank... More

9. "Review"

I have been working at C Space full-time

Pros

Interesting work, and nice people

Cons

Can easily burn out on amount of work

Jul 31, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

We often hear it’s the variety of work and wonderful people that make C Space what it is. It sounds like your experience is similar so thank you for sharing. Our account teams continue to think... More

10. "A Great Culture"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

A lot of young talent that's eager to grow.
    It's a great place to build your background and experience.

Cons

Low pay
    Big disconnect from management level to associate level
    Management tended to not show up to meetings, with no warning

Aug 24, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for your comments. I agree that we have a lot of bright new people starting their career and we’re so proud of all the careers that started at C Space. We also strive for our employees to... More