C Space Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Charles Trevail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Many senior employees who are working moms/dads-- feels good to be at a place that celebrates work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• C Space is a great place to start your career and grow your consultative skills (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover, long hours, little management or training (in 13 reviews)

• Can easily burn out on amount of work (in 7 reviews)

1. "Most inspiring and energizing place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

C Space is a company that is always evolving, growing, transforming the way we do business (and the way our clients do business) - and employees in all roles, at all levels, have a voice in shaping our future. You are surrounded by passionate, smart, caring people who help you learn and grow. It's the most inspiring, energizing place I've ever worked. We allow for people to feel ownership of the work, and our careers, and we have some fun along the way (and there is on-site lunchtime yoga and meditation for when we need some balance). :)

Cons

When we get resource-constrained (which happens during peaks of growth when we can't hire new talent fast enough), we can get grouchy and stretched. ;)

2. "My experience at C Space"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible opportunity to make an impact, be given autonomy and responsibility, culture way superior to any other agency I've worked at previously (3 London advertising agencies). I've been able to move role 4 times, move country, and have a lot of fun along the way.

Cons

Not super structured - you need to find your own path, and take ownership of your career. That means that if you are a self starter who wants to accelerate your career beyond the typical time-frame agencies may put forward, great. If you want to be more protected, have more formal learning opportunities, and be given a clear step by step path to progression, it may not be the perfect fit.

3. "Wonderful place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing, talented, smart colleagues! I work with some truly amazing colleagues. C Space is truly an environment to learn grow, and pursue your passion at a growing company, that cares about employees. Despite their size, I honestly feel that C Space treats each and everyone of their employees as people first, and really values their unique skillsets. Managers here are also the best you will experience in your career! Across the board there is a focus on training, coaching and mentoring (both through formal classes and programs, as well as on-the-job mentoring.)

In terms of the work we do - it is exciting, varied, and actually helps companies make decisions that you can see! My husband hates going to the grocery store with me because I walk up the aisles and have to point out different products, packages, etc. that some of the work we do has impacted.

Cons

It is hard for me to think of cons, so I am re-purposing this box to be more of an advice to someone thinking of working here :

I would say that to be successful at C Space there is a level of pro-activity required on your part. I feel that those who are successful are not scared of trying and failing, doing what scares them (this is actually a company value!)

May 9, 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Yes, shopping for some things – groceries, technology, toys, pulling through a drive-through, etc. are all hazards of the role. Experiencing the world through... More

4. "Great place to work with a lot of opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space (Less than a year)

Pros

C Space is a great place to start your career and grow your consultative skills!
    C Space stresses the importance of building great company culture.
    C Space helps you grow as a consultant through daily client interactions, building close relationships with consumers, and taking advantage of internal trainings.

Cons

If you have a particular preference towards the type of industry sector you want to be in, speak up! Make sure you tell the hiring team what industry you are passionate about to get matched with the best team!

May 9, 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and share your experience. We are thrilled to be growing and continuing to attract great talent. I’m glad you’re finding C Space to be a great... More

5. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment. The work is truly consultative and makes real impact for our clients. Great mentors to learn from.

Cons

This is isn't a con for me, but you need to be a self starter here. If you don't understand, don't expect someone to come and help. You need to raise your hand, ask the question, speak up, etc.

Advice to Management

Great momentum right now. Keep it up!

May 8, 2018 – Senior Director of HR

I’m so glad to hear you value our collaborative environment and feel the impact you make for our clients at C Space daily!

I’m happy you’ve found success in the freedom C Space allows for... More

6. "Growth, opportunity, and great people!"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at C Space full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a growing organization with great leadership, and awesome colleagues. Lots of fun perks, really nice office spaces, world-class clients, and lots of opportunities for upward mobility.

Cons

Omnicom (parent company). They are pretty awful, but C Space leadership does as much as possible to shield employees from Omnicom's negative impact.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on delivering great work. C Space consistently outperforms its competitors, and it's why we're growing.

May 8, 2018 – Senior Director of HR

First of all, THANK YOU for your 10 plus years of service – it is dedicated and hard-working employees like you that have made us such a great place to work, and why we’re growing and winning in the... More

7. "Overall good company"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

Good opportunities for junior employees, exciting brands to work on
    People and culture were good

Cons

Leadership could be better, benefits could be better as well (but they were working on addressing that)

May 15, 2018 – Senior Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

I’m so happy to hear you experienced opportunities for growth during your time as well as valued working with our amazing clients.

I... More

"Overworked"

I worked at C Space full-time

Pros

very smart and talented employees

Cons

EVerybody is working independently, very little collaboration, way too much work

Advice to Management

hire more people

Dec 20, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to post this review.

It is true that our amazing talent at C Space works really hard; as you know, we are consultants who build customers into the way our clients... More

"Great company and culture, but need to pay people more if you want them to stay"

Pros

Interesting work, nice and smart people

Cons

The pay is way too low for lower level employees, leading to high turnover rates.

Nov 28, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments! We’re glad you’re enjoying our work and people.

Over the past two years, we have increased our compensation bands based on benchmarking to... More

"Zero Work-Life Balance. Gender bias is rampant."

Former Employee - Associate Community Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Community Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at C Space full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young, energetic, with generally a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
    Nice location in the heart of the city.
    Beautiful office space.

Cons

As much as the company preaches that work-life balance is very important, the expectations are drastically different.

Also, as a male, I experienced my share of female colleagues and superiors who treated me with disdain for being a man.

In some cases, it wasn’t always clear what impact, if any, the work that you performed for your clients was having in their business.

Advice to Management

Either create a culture of long days at work or allow your employees to push back when it comes time to disconnect from work. Can’t have it both ways.

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Director of HR

Thank you for your review and the pros you cited – our incredible people, central location and office space. Your negative comments are concerning to me however since these are two important areas... More