Cover image for C Space

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of C Space and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Take care of people

Jun 22, 2022 - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They take care of employees especially making sure employees are not overworked. I work 8 hour days almost every day. No late nights.

Cons

Pay could be higher but its not huge deal.

Vice President of HR

We appreciate your feedback and glad you've been having a good experience overall with us! We hope that continues and please do stay connected with your reporting manager if you have any concerns, or anyone on the People Team.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Depends on your department/manager

Oct 27, 2022 - Associate Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People really care Work life balance Great array of clients Great people Company continues to grow and expand skillsets

Cons

Really depends on which department you work at. Challenges I faced that were supported by senior leaders around me were pushed back upon in other departments, on people with the same role I have!

3. Join the C Space team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn and grow

Sep 29, 2022 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, learning culture - a great place to start and advance your career

Cons

They have difficulty communicating strategy and company vision, making it difficult for employees to align

Vice President of HR

Thank you for your post and thank you for being a colleague for 4+ years! We’ve been working quite a bit on our culture of inclusivity and it’s great to hear that you’re seeing the impact. I agree that we’ve not yet gotten it fully right re: communicating our strategy and getting all employees to align and I’d love your (or anyone's) perspective on how we do it better. If you care to, please reach out directly to me or Jessie Stettin, if you’re up for a brainstorm. Thanks again for your hard work of over 4 years with C Space.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Phenomenal people, but too few of them

Sep 27, 2022 - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with at C Space are exceptional. They are incredibly motivated, smart, and talented, and can deliver insights their clients never dreamed of getting on their own. There's a culture of positive thought, creative problem solving, and rising to meet the moment. The trainings are legitimately informative and helpful--if you work there, you will get better at what you do. The toolkit they give to you to help clients is extensive and versatile. Business seems very strong.

Cons

There are far too few consultants above the associate level to cover the demand from clients. Client services teams are understaffed, and the employees are spread too thin across multiple accounts to do the work as well as it should be done. Many accounts are constant fire drills. Leadership talks about a "C Space Way" of doing things, but different account directors have conflicting ideas of what that means, which leads to confusion and rework. Employee burnout is a significant issue.

Vice President of HR

Thank you so much for this detailed and thoughtful review. We aim to be a true learning organization and I feel terrific that you feel you learned so much in your time here. I can only imagine how much you also helped your peers learn and grow in your tenure here- so thank you! Appreciate you sharing some of the challenges you’ve faced too. We’re very much focused on Knowledge Management this year and in 2023 for the exact reason you outlined – consistency in doing things. With more process in place, we believe we’ll free our brilliant colleagues up to be even more impactful for our clients. Though we continue to grow and backfill those who have left, we’ve got quite a few openings for consultants and senior consultants who can help fill in the gaps our account teams are currently fielding. As we continue to find great people to join us, we are hopeful the burnout will subside. Hope you are doing well in your next role.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting work, low pay, fun colleagues

Sep 25, 2022 - Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, and great coworkers almost make up for iffy management

Cons

Middling to low pay, wish washy management

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President of HR

Thank you for your review and for the 3-4 years of the time you spent here. I have no doubt you added tremendous value to C Space and I agree that we’ve got some great coworkers here. I wish I understood with greater specificity what you mean by “iffy” and “wishy washy” management. We’re wrapping up our employee engagement survey today and I’ll keep an eye out for any hints of a similar sentiment from current C Spacers so that we can address it squarely with our current employees. Wishing you all the best wherever you are now.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

N/A

Sep 12, 2022 - Associate Consutlant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and work environment!

Cons

The pay isn't very competitive considering the amount of work and high-brow clients we work with.

Vice President of HR

Thanks for your review and I am so pleased to hear that you too, feel as though we have great people and a great work environment. Our people and our work are what keep me motivated to be here and continue to work on our improvement areas. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our pay relative to the work and clients. I’d encourage you to reach out to your Reporting Manager to discuss more, and/or Liz B. on our People Team who manages pay equity (internal and external) and calibrates it relative to other elements of our employee value proposition. Best of luck and thank you for your work with us!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Interesting work

Sep 7, 2022 - Client Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

innovative thinking; self-promotion; doing good for clients

Cons

selling lots of talk, bells and whistles of senior leaders

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experiences while at C Space, and for undoubtedly contributing to our innovative work for clients along the way. I would have loved to have an opportunity to have spoken with you in greater depth about your perception of senior leaders and hear more insights from your point of view. I always treasure the opportunity to learn from our people.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A Passionate Business Tackling Difficult Challenges

Jun 27, 2022 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-A progressive, ambitious business that works hard to address difficult challenges in the world of business and work -A large, well-respected roster of clients to work with -Well-meaning and passionate culture

Cons

-Often feels that no progress is being made on difficult challenges, no end in sight and typically underpaid - especially for loyal employees -Will typically feel stretched between multiple clients and different roles making it hard to focus attention and make time to think -Well-meaning can quickly become suffocating and sickly sweet positive

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Vice President of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about your time at C Space, undoubtedly working hard to help tackle those business challenges with our clients. It’s lovely to see that you rated us a 5 out of 5 stars on our culture & values – and that you used the descriptors “progressive” and “passionate.” So good to hear this echoed in your review! You also rightly point out that our management teams have heard feedback that it’s unclear what kind of meaningful progress we’ve made on difficult challenges. Since the time you’ve left, we’ve created a Chief of Staff role and expect that Jessie Stettin in this role will be focused on communicating our progress more effectively! I really like your advice for management to be patient; thank you for that, and for all your contributions over the years to our business impact and to building our culture. I wish you all the best.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Proceed with caution

Jul 7, 2022 - Director in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of talk about health and wellness and some unique programs are being rolled out.

Cons

Very high attrition which is impacting negatively the health and wellness of staff.

Continue reading

Vice President of HR

Hi there. First, thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us. It’s through employee feedback that how we see what’s working for folks and where we can improve. We too have discovered that it would benefit us to strengthen our feedback culture. This discipline has become a big part of our L&D programming as a result. In our experience, when our people routinely seek feedback to help them develop and see themselves more clearly, give it generously and openly, and use these inputs skillfully, we all benefit and grow. We’ve additionally recently revamped our Knowledge Management solutions, onboarding programming, and are working on resourcing and tech solutions designed to help our people deliver great work with greater ease. We are making strides – and your reflections encourage us to stay the course. I am so glad that you called attention to the focus we place on employee well-being and the programs we have introduced. We plan to continue these investments and the intentional focus on total health & well-being of our people. We are a work-in-progress – and your review helps to reinforces that we’re on the right path. Thank you and wishing you all the best in your professional adventures.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Okay

Jun 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were a lot of great people.

Cons

Parent company was a nightmare.

Vice President of HR

Hi and thanks for your time with us and writing your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the people you worked with at C Space. Without knowing specifically what you found difficult with our parent company, I'm hoping you took the time to share your concerns with your reporting manager. Being part of a holding company means working with many other agencies across the globe, learning and benefitting from each other's experiences and occasionally working through issues as we seek to align policies or programs. Wishing you all the best in your new position, wherever that is!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 253 Reviews
</>Embed

C Space Reviews FAQs

C Space has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 268 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at C Space to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, C Space employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at C Space. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

46% of C Space employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated C Space 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at C Space to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with C Space Job Seekers