C&A Industries Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Recruiter

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scot Thompson

Pros
  • I love the work-life balance here and the emphasis on community impact (in 6 reviews)

• C&A Industries is a great place to work (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No ability to work from home or have access to e-mail at home (in 2 reviews)

• I cannot think of any true cons (in 2 reviews)

1. "Cardiopulmonary Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

love working here right now

Cons

nothing I can think of

C&A Industries Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of C&A here on Glassdoor. We always appreciate the feedback.

"Stagnant Company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I worked at C&A Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun company events. Team leads, branch managers, etc actually care about the people on their team both professionally and personally.

Cons

This company just wants to be able to say that they have a good culture because they know that is the buzzword everyone wants to hear now. But when you actually step away from this company, you realize that getting a free scoop of ice cream every few months or having the ladies in accounting wear a wig and dance around isn't want makes a company's culture good. Unfortunately this company is very oldschool in the sense that they have the wrong people in important roles because those individuals have been with the company since the 90s. They refuse to evaluate employees in marketing, training, QA, etc (non quota carrying roles) and as a result, they miss out on better talent because they have this insane loyalty to these employees that aren't agile in the workplace. The healthcare fields that C&A/Aureus Medical specialize in have changed a lot in the last 15 years, and this company refuses to evolve to better suit them. And as a result of this "culture" that keeps poor performers in roles that have serious influence throughout other departments, it creates a clique-y environment. There's a lot of gossip at this company, and I feel the only real reason people stay here for a significant part of their careers is because there are so few opportunities in Omaha. So yes, you have great tenure, but it's only because people have no where else to go.

Advice to Management

Take a look at all of your departments and think about who has actually contributed to the growth and success of your organization. Stagnant employees who refuse to evolve are who make this an unenjoyable place to work.

Don't just talk about culture, be about it. Having your training lead read a book about culture and making "select" recruiters and account managers do a book report on said book is not what's going to evolve your company.

And I know it's Omaha, so it's hard to say this, but increasing your diversity within your organization is crucial.

C&A Industries Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We always appreciate feedback.

3. "Positive, Healthy Workplace"

Current Intern - Recruiting Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- The management team truly invests in their employees and they want you to succeed
    - Training department is constantly finding new ways to keep employees engage
    - The benefits are great, including tuition reimbursements, 401K, etc.
    - Great work/life balance
    - Frequent team outings and events at the office to keep employees engage
    - Great coworkers
    - Clean, bright building
    - Excellent networking opportunities
    - Positive culture (This is truly amazing!!)
    - Lots of chances for career development

Cons

- Most of the work is on the phone so it can be repetitive at times
    - The work is 8-5 and sitting so for those who like to stay active, it can be hard at times (However, some teams do hourly stretch breaks and walks to stay healthy)

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees because that is the reason we stay here! They do a fantastic job as it is but never settle for complacency because as a current employee, I love knowing that you care about me and not just because I bring in revenue but because I am a human being!

4. "C&A is a tremendous place to work."

Former Intern - Recruiting and Sales in Omaha, NE
    Former Intern - Recruiting and Sales in Omaha, NE

I worked at C&A Industries as an intern

Pros

C&A Industries is a company that promotes empowering culture and on-going training which fuels the positive culture.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about C&A.

5. "C&A Industries Skills for Success Internship - Recruiting Intern"

Current Intern - Recruiting Intern in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for C&A has proved to be a unique experience. The culture here is something you can't get anywhere else. This organization invests time and attention into ongoing training, professional development while providing continuous learning opportunities through the year. The C&A Industries Skills for Success Internship program is something that I will take with me no matter where I end up. I gained experience in a corporate setting, knowledge on how a recruiting business is ran, and an understanding of just how important culture is for a company to have. I was not given regular intern tasks, such as coffee and copies, I actually worked on projects that interested me and they made sure I was in a department that fit my skills and interests.

Cons

I couldn't share a thing I disliked while working at C&A.

"OK if you're single with no kids and want to work 50+ hours a week!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I worked at C&A Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonus potential is great, though the base is extremely low.
    Promotions are based off how much $ you bring in which makes promoting rather easy.
    Beautiful office.

Cons

Demanding work hours (50 is minimum, often you're working 55+
    Low base
    People are promoted based on their sales numbers, not their leadership ability
    Micromanagement is huge
    Extreme amounts of backstabbing and gossip
    Work loads are unrealistic

Advice to Management

Increase the work life balance
    Promote leaders who don't harass others