C&A Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Scot Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love the work-life balance here and the emphasis on community impact (in 6 reviews)

• C&A Industries is a great place to work (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I cannot think of any true cons (in 2 reviews)

1. "Account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited growth potential, great onboarding process

Cons

Big company, Metrics driven, territory's need to be reset

Advice to Management

Mentor your staff better, more team building events to help with chemistry

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review! We appreciate the feedback very much!

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The focus on employees, and knowing taking care of them and treating them right, is the best policy for the company.

Cons

Lack of consistent communication at all levels across the company, leading to stove-piping, with only certain people knowing what’s going on.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and empower employees and managers to communicate the same message to all staff.

Nov 27, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you're part of our team!

3. "Review"

I worked at C&A Industries part-time

Pros

There are a lot of perks, decent benefits and a lot of great people in the organization. The owners missions is amazing and the owners really stay by their words.

Cons

Management gets away with murder. Zero checks and balances with management. Continuously asks illegal/discriminatory questions and allowed to yell at employees with zero consequences. Managers can walk around and literally complete nothing all day, everyday. Also when managers have zero knowledge of the systems and company policies and it has been pointed out multiple times to upper management, any changes they have tried to implement did not have any follow up and failed.

Management rewards lazy workers because the lazy worker will cover them when they are gone for hours on end, take hours a day in a conference with said lazy person, talking about all the other employees or leave an hour early daily. And due to be intimidated by hard workers, try to smother them with negativity.

HR notified, nothing done.

Advice to Management

Spend 1-2 month really monitoring your department managers. Read their emails. Read their sparks and how they talk to their employees.

Aug 11, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and will be sure to communicate your comments within the organization. Thank you.

"Stagnant Company"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I worked at C&A Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun company events. Team leads, branch managers, etc actually care about the people on their team both professionally and personally.

Cons

This company just wants to be able to say that they have a good culture because they know that is the buzzword everyone wants to hear now. But when you actually step away from this company, you realize that getting a free scoop of ice cream every few months or having the ladies in accounting wear a wig and dance around isn't want makes a company's culture good. Unfortunately this company is very oldschool in the sense that they have the wrong people in important roles because those individuals have been with the company since the 90s. They refuse to evaluate employees in marketing, training, QA, etc (non quota carrying roles) and as a result, they miss out on better talent because they have this insane loyalty to these employees that aren't agile in the workplace. The healthcare fields that C&A/Aureus Medical specialize in have changed a lot in the last 15 years, and this company refuses to evolve to better suit them. And as a result of this "culture" that keeps poor performers in roles that have serious influence throughout other departments, it creates a clique-y environment. There's a lot of gossip at this company, and I feel the only real reason people stay here for a significant part of their careers is because there are so few opportunities in Omaha. So yes, you have great tenure, but it's only because people have no where else to go.

Advice to Management

Take a look at all of your departments and think about who has actually contributed to the growth and success of your organization. Stagnant employees who refuse to evolve are who make this an unenjoyable place to work.

Don't just talk about culture, be about it. Having your training lead read a book about culture and making "select" recruiters and account managers do a book report on said book is not what's going to evolve your company.

And I know it's Omaha, so it's hard to say this, but increasing your diversity within your organization is crucial.

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We always appreciate feedback.

5. "Recommended"

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time

Pros

Great company cultures, competitive wages, opportunity for growth.

Cons

Some mangers lack communication, which at times can create hositltiy

Apr 17, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking time to submit a review! We always appreciate the feedback!

6. "Cardiopulmonary Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

love working here right now

Cons

nothing I can think of

Mar 6, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of C&A here on Glassdoor. We always appreciate the feedback.

7. "Recruiting Intern"

Pros

Encourage professional development
    Awesome culture to be a part of

Cons

Competitive industry
    Must stay on top of leads to create your pipeline

Mar 6, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for the review here on Glassdoor. We hope you enjoyed your internship with C&A and we wish you all the best in your future!

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture is great. I love the people that work there, they are awesome and are like family!

The CEO is the best - smart, great leader and a big reason why the company is successful and a great place to work.

Company continues to grow a lot.

Cons

In good industry, but you have to be willing to work hard because there is lots of competition.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to listen to the people and continue to communicate with everyone so they know what is going on and where we are going.

9. "Internship"

Current Employee - Internship Program in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Internship Program in Omaha, NE

I have been working at C&A Industries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive and up beat work environment! Very friendly employees and wide variety of opportunities

Cons

Very loud office, job description posts are not detailed enough

10. "Great co"

Pros

Best co ever! Fun work environment, good benefits, good work life balance, good pay, great leadership

Cons

I can't think of any!