Cover image for C&F Financial

98% Recommend to a Friend
99% Approve of CEO

Found 68 of over 69 reviews

4.7
C&F Financial Chairman, President, and CEO, C&F Financial and Citizens and Farmers Bank Larry G. Dillon (no image)
Larry G. Dillon

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

8d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!!!

Jun 3, 2022 - Branch Manager in Midlothian, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Sense of purpose, we are able to truly make a difference in our communities - Support from management, we are supported in doing business the right way and many opportunities to have facetime/connection with management - Development opportunities, many opportunities to grow your career and learn - Good solid pay and a GREAT overall compensation/benefits package

Cons

- None beyond the typical challenges of working for any company - One of the wonderful things about C&F is that we are always evaluating where we fall short an how we can improve

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fun coworkers - out of touch upper management

Oct 28, 2022 - Universal Banker in Toano, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great lower level management and coworkers. I worked different branches often and always had a great experience. 90%+ of the customers are awesome and they've been with the bank for a long time. They still have a pension which is rare these days. Benefits are decent. Free wealth management. Top tier checking account. Pay is average but don't expect much of a raise if anything.

Cons

Upper management is just clueless. Everyone is from BoA or -what was- BB&T. During Covid they talked about how great of a job they were doing while never acknowledging the struggles in different departments. I saw a lot of local employees who had been with the company for 10, 20, even 40 years leave. We also lost a lot of good talent because they got better pay and better treatment elsewhere. After all it's a corporation and with any corp the execs are looking to maximize share holder profits so they can get a bonus. I understand it but I also think they could treat lower level employees better.

3. Join the C&F Financial team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Community banking

Jul 23, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work culture and great training.

Cons

The pay is low and benefits could be better

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent Company!!

May 31, 2022 - Commercial Lending
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m proud to say I work for C&F Bank! I have an awesome and supportive Manager, my coworkers are like family and we have such an amazing team. The benefits are great and the onsite clinic is a huge plus!!

Cons

None to speak of at this time.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

A place to build a career!

May 31, 2022 - Training Manager in Toano, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at C&F Bank because of the collaborative work environment. You get to know everyone in the company and they get to know you. Problem solving becomes a group activity. The benefits are amazing and I've never had a better work life balance in my 25 year career.

Cons

I've not experienced any cons.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

May 31, 2022 - Operations Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

C&F is a great place to work. They really care about employees and their families. Salary and benefits are superior to others in the same industry. C&F really cares about the community and wants to help serve the customers!

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent company to work for!

May 31, 2022 - Universal Banker II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits! Focused on community!

Cons

none to add at this time

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Current Employee, 15 years

May 31, 2022 - Operations in Toano, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative and growth minded company that strives to participate in every community we serve.

Cons

High deductibles on healthcare offered.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

May 31, 2022 - Treasury Solutions Account Manager in Toano, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who put their customers and employees first.

Cons

Can't think of anything right off.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best decision I have ever made.

May 29, 2022 - Data Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

C&F Bank is a company that offers an environment for growth and development. They welcome open and honest communication that leads to better processes and a clear understanding of why we are here, why we do what we do, and why my individual job responsibilities are important and add to the company while meeting individual and companywide goals.

Cons

Things have come up with scheduling and understanding tasks occasionally, but management has made compromises and suggestions that have brought forth positive experiences and an ideal work life balance. I can truly say there is not anything that cannot be discussed, accomplished or solved at C&F as long as the employee communicates open and honestly with their supervisor.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews
</>Embed

C&F Financial Reviews FAQs

C&F Financial has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 69 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at C&F Financial to a friend and 97% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 51% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, C&F Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at C&F Financial. This rating has improved by 65% over the last 12 months.

98% of C&F Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated C&F Financial 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at C&F Financial to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, culture, compensation.

Popular Careers with C&F Financial Job Seekers