- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Virginia
- - Richmond, VA Area
- - Richmond, VA
- - Glen Allen, VA
- - Powhatan, VA
- - Chester, VA
- - Midlothian, VA
- - Norfolk, VA Area
- - Toano, VA
- - Williamsburg, VA
Found 68 of over 69 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "They offer really great benefits." (in 11 reviews)
- "Great employees in every department, with knowledge." (in 6 reviews)
- "We are actively involved in the communities in which we live and we value and practice our slogan 'Focused on You.' Thank you C&F for great management and leadership." (in 4 reviews)
- "The benefits are amazing and I've never had a better work life balance in my 25 year career." (in 4 reviews)
- "I have an awesome and supportive Manager, my coworkers are like family and we have such an amazing team." (in 3 reviews)
- "Pay is average to below average" (in 5 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jun 3, 2022 - Branch Manager in Midlothian, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Sense of purpose, we are able to truly make a difference in our communities - Support from management, we are supported in doing business the right way and many opportunities to have facetime/connection with management - Development opportunities, many opportunities to grow your career and learn - Good solid pay and a GREAT overall compensation/benefits package
- None beyond the typical challenges of working for any company - One of the wonderful things about C&F is that we are always evaluating where we fall short an how we can improveContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 28, 2022 - Universal Banker in Toano, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great lower level management and coworkers. I worked different branches often and always had a great experience. 90%+ of the customers are awesome and they've been with the bank for a long time. They still have a pension which is rare these days. Benefits are decent. Free wealth management. Top tier checking account. Pay is average but don't expect much of a raise if anything.
Upper management is just clueless. Everyone is from BoA or -what was- BB&T. During Covid they talked about how great of a job they were doing while never acknowledging the struggles in different departments. I saw a lot of local employees who had been with the company for 10, 20, even 40 years leave. We also lost a lot of good talent because they got better pay and better treatment elsewhere. After all it's a corporation and with any corp the execs are looking to maximize share holder profits so they can get a bonus. I understand it but I also think they could treat lower level employees better.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 23, 2022 - Customer Service RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Positive work culture and great training.
The pay is low and benefits could be better
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Commercial LendingRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I’m proud to say I work for C&F Bank! I have an awesome and supportive Manager, my coworkers are like family and we have such an amazing team. The benefits are great and the onsite clinic is a huge plus!!
None to speak of at this time.
- Current Employee★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Training Manager in Toano, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I love working at C&F Bank because of the collaborative work environment. You get to know everyone in the company and they get to know you. Problem solving becomes a group activity. The benefits are amazing and I've never had a better work life balance in my 25 year career.
I've not experienced any cons.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Operations SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
C&F is a great place to work. They really care about employees and their families. Salary and benefits are superior to others in the same industry. C&F really cares about the community and wants to help serve the customers!
I can't think of any cons.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Universal Banker IIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits! Focused on community!
none to add at this timeContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Operations in Toano, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Innovative and growth minded company that strives to participate in every community we serve.
High deductibles on healthcare offered.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Treasury Solutions Account Manager in Toano, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people who put their customers and employees first.
Can't think of anything right off.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★May 29, 2022 - Data Analyst in Richmond, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
C&F Bank is a company that offers an environment for growth and development. They welcome open and honest communication that leads to better processes and a clear understanding of why we are here, why we do what we do, and why my individual job responsibilities are important and add to the company while meeting individual and companywide goals.
Things have come up with scheduling and understanding tasks occasionally, but management has made compromises and suggestions that have brought forth positive experiences and an ideal work life balance. I can truly say there is not anything that cannot be discussed, accomplished or solved at C&F as long as the employee communicates open and honestly with their supervisor.Continue reading
C&F Financial Reviews FAQs
C&F Financial has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 69 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at C&F Financial to a friend and 97% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 51% over the last 12 months.
98% of C&F Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated C&F Financial 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.