C & I ENGINEERING Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Taylorsville, KY
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Taylorsville, KY

I have been working at C & I ENGINEERING full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work

Cons

Travel out of state periodically. Can be noisy in office.

2. "Silliness"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Louisville, KY

I worked at C & I ENGINEERING full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good bonds with co-workers, Great company dinners

Cons

People in roles that shouldn't be there - Based strictly on seniority. Lack in hiring young professionals.

Advice to Management

Hire some youth into the organization. Not only that, quit putting people into management positions that don't belong there. There's people in positions at C&I that haven't the slightest idea about what exactly they are supposed to be managing. People are hired and fired because some in management do not understand what they hired their employees to specifically to do. Thus, resulting in shifting around of work responsibilities and a lack of morale. Expectations, because of this, are thrown extremely off the radar, most specifically in the IT department.

Stop giving exceptions to certain people because they have been with the company so long. If they are guilty of the same things as someone newer, then call them both out or call none out. You simply can't have it both ways. At least not if you want to have a classy, stable, reliable, honest, and productive work environment.

Let people do their jobs! Stop the micro managing - Again, ESPECIALLY in IT! You will see more efficient and on-time work being completed if you are not walking around and staring over people's shoulder constantly.

"Admin"

I worked at C & I ENGINEERING full-time

Pros

Friendships and structured environment. Building security and lunches.

Cons

The company is as corrupt as our government..allowing druggies and sexual harassment to conquer over projects...anything to save themselves. Good ole boy network is strong here.

Advice to Management

Get with the 21st century, cut out the bs and instead is saving your projects..save your employees.

4. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Power and Controls Engineer in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Power and Controls Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at C & I ENGINEERING full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent technical depth of fellow employees. Good opportunities to learn. They have great relationships with their clients due to the high quality of the work delivered.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. If you like engineering design work, it's a good place to practice your craft.

Advice to Management

Need a focus on diversifying the client base