C&W Services Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 2, 2019

3.3
C&W Services Chief Executive Paul Bedborough
Paul Bedborough
Pros
  • "very good pay, great training, lots of room for growth, very good safety program(in 12 reviews)

• "c amp w(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one ever apologizes for their mistakes from HR or upper management when this happened to me(in 6 reviews)

• "Low pay, Despite what you are told in training they are not willing to promote from within(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Horrendous management and internal logistics"

I have been working at C&W Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is slightly above average for entry level positions.

Cons

Safety is heavily talked about, but incredibly little done if safety costs the company even small amounts of money. Even tighter on supplying proper tools and equipment. (which also affects safety) Company has no contingency planning, and upper management has been completely isolated from the lower end. Company internal operation has really taken a dive in the last half dozen years.

June 10, 2019Employee Engagement Team

Thank you for your feedback. We recently completed five employee focus groups with front-line employees, an effort aimed at making sure management hears everyone in the organization, an effort we will continue. Our organizational safety record is strong and steadily improving, but there is always room to do better. If you'd like to give us specific, confidential feedback, please reach out to culture@cwservices.com. Thank you.

"Bad work environment"

Current Employee - MHE III Technician in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at C&W Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits from day one and you can travel. You can also transfer anywhere C&W has a facility they manage.

Cons

Poor upper management, HR is no help, very high turnover rate. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. This review is for the Amazon account. C&W opened 23 other facilities you think they would get it right. Do not have the right tools, do not have the proper equipment to do the jobs. Do not have enough inventory. They do not have replacemwnt parts.

March 25, 2019Employee Engagement Team

Thank you for your feedback, which allows us to continue to improve. We have made many changes at your site. We have new site leadership, and are recruiting a new HR person to support the site. We have a new proctoring process for administering the test you mention. In addition, a new recruiting manager and recruiting team will be developing and communicating a more effective processes to acquire talent.

3. "Poor Pay and Management"

Former Employee - Records Associate in Urbandale, IA

I worked at C&W Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clients I worked with were great to me unlike my ‘team’.

Cons

Poor pay. Management helps very little with coworker issues. No advancement opportunities. Is there even an HR???? They messed up my pay and benefits from the very beginning and this has always happened. No one ever apologizes for their mistakes from HR or upper management when this happened to me. They really don’t care about anyone.

March 25, 2019Employee Engagement Team

We appreciate your review and the opportunity it gives us to do better. If you would like to engage in a confidential conversation about your experience, please email culture@cwservices.com and we will connect you with an HR representative.

4. "Typical Lowest Cost Outsourcing Micromanagement - AVOID THEM!"

Former Employee - Office Service Associate

I worked at C&W Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Regular employee safety training (usually monthly) - but disregards if the training is applicable. For example, most Office Services staff still has to sit through Janitorial-only information/training.

Cons

One Size Fits All - I always felt like a janitorial employee despite being maintained in a contract take-over in my previous role. Everything is done by the same template even if that template is utterly inappropriate for a particular business function. It has to be done as the manual says! Constant Babysitting - Checklists! And more checklists! While checklists are helpful for new colleagues to get into their role, having a checklist for every function for long-time colleagues feels like I was never trusted to do my job. It felt like we spent more time doing administrative busywork to prove we were doing our job than actually doing our job, and none of those reports mattered because no upper management would ever actually read anything we created. Disrespectful and Confrontational Upper Management - My local team and manager were wonderful people, but the upper management of our contract always took condescending, confrontational, and belittling tones in almost all correspondence. Reasonable requests for clarification or local oversight of time management on projects were rudely shouted down. Even site leads and regional managers would remain mostly silent when asked for their opinions or contributions because of the oppressive atmosphere. There was never a feeling of cooperation or request, only coercion and demand. Unreasonable Workloads - The way this company competes for contracts and underbids the competition is to make fewer people do more, and then demand even more of those few people. Salaried colleagues are asked to pick up all the slack in order to prevent any OT for hourly workers, leading to utterly unreasonable demands of their time while they are still expected to do all the administrative busywork their superiors will not read. All this without a single mention of customer service, only staff performance. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP - In order to meet target budgets (which has zero impact on hourly workers - why should we work harder for someone else's profit?), unreasonably low pay is expected for temp and new workers. They disregard regional salary fluctuations and minimum wages, and foist all responsibility for bullying temp companies into lower rates on local site management.

April 16, 2018TA Lead

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a negative experience, and we want to find a way to make things right. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. Thank you for taking the time to write. Hopefully we can find a way to address this problem together. Yours sincerely, Linda Talent Acquisition Lead

5. "Look Elsewhere"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at C&W Services

Pros

Coworkers are hard working people.

Cons

Management and upper management prioritize employee needs very low.

"Be wary"

Former Employee - Junior Building Operator

I worked at C&W Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Left after 1 month Great learning experience Some good co workers Some mangement care

Cons

Low ball of pay Have toxic employees Upper management is a joke They dont like hiring internally

November 4, 2019Employee Engagement Team

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you had an unusual experience and in a very short time.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.