C2 Education Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Peter Waller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "3 to 1 student to tutor ratio does not work with all students" (in 29 reviews)

• "Quality of a center depends on Center Director" (in 42 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Subject Tutor"

I have been working at C2 Education part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, access to material, training, communication between tutor and center director

Cons

Slow seasons means less hours, but they work hard to accommodate schedules. Also, experience will vary depending on center

C2 Education Response

Sep 5, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are very happy to hear that you are having a positive experience with us.

2. "Assistant Director"

I worked at C2 Education full-time

Pros

Co workers are friendly
    Good management
    Teachers are qualified
    Rewarding job, good to see students learn and excel

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences yet.

"Teacher"

Pros

easy to accommodate to my schedule

Cons

switches up the hours I work throughout the week, so the hours I work weekly are inconsistent

Advice to Management

welfare for teachers

4. "Education Coordinator"

Current Employee - Education Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Education Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I have been working at C2 Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work time as a part time

Cons

No benefits for part time at all

5. "Part time tutor"

I have been working at C2 Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working with kids, small office

Cons

Hours are from 3 to 9, makes it hard to have a social life

"Loyalty and respect would be nice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at C2 Education (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy job once you get the hang of it.

Cons

If students are disrespectful, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Advice to Management

Reward teachers not just by time they have put in, but by improvement in student scores, their flexibility (teachers who come in at the last minute often or work on holidays), and their consistency with more generous raises (and perhaps significant holiday bonuses like most companies do).

7. "OK for what it is"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at C2 Education part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They're flexible with scheduling; you can basically set your own teaching hours. The kids are all pretty self-motivated and a joy to work with. Materials are provided and they're pretty decent, though there are more than a couple errors/misprints. You never have to deal with parents; you're basically coming in, teaching kids, and that's it.

Cons

Again, it's OK for what it is...it's a part-time job, paid by the hour, with no benefits. There isn't really room for growth. It's a nice place to be if you're in between opportunities or need a couple extra hours' work for the money, but that's about it.

8. "YMMV"

I have been working at C2 Education part-time

Pros

Busy seasons are busy, lots of demands for your time
    Motivated students so not pulling teeth
    Develop rapport with students

Cons

Regional boss is nit picky
    Hourly... no students, no pay

9. "C2 Education Hourly Rate Part Time Teacher"

I have been working at C2 Education part-time

Pros

Great option for tutors who don't want to or don't have the time to build their own client base. You don't have to travel from one house to another, schedule your own students, worry about how you're getting paid, or advertise to get new students. The admin staff also keeps the parents out of the teaching area; any compliments, complaints, or requests are relayed through the center director or program leads to the teacher.

Cons

There is no way to guarantee consistent hours unless you're very good and/or teach multiple difficult or specific subjects, particularly AP bio, chem, physics, calculus, and stats. Low base pay and maximum hourly pay compared to private tutoring ($16-28/hour).

"Center Director"

Former Employee - Center Director in Pigs Ear, PA
    Former Employee - Center Director in Pigs Ear, PA

I worked at C2 Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The same "pros" other center directors have noted: the opportunity to help students and many of the people you work with-which sadly does not include upper management.

Cons

If you are reading these Glassdoor reviews-it is because you are either a current employee who cannot wait to someday leave one of these yourself, or you are considering working for this company and were warned by the recruiter to disregard what you read here. If you are in the first camp-enjoy! If you are in the second camp-ignore what they told you and read on.
    1. Please understand that fully ninety percent of this position revolves around selling what is a ( very ,very) costly program. Once you sell that program, you are also responsible for ensuring that program goes smoothly. The problem is that there is so much that can go wrong that is out of your control, and doing the elaborate dance to avoid refunds is quite stressful.
    2. Despite their assurances to the contrary, corporate seldom offers genuine support or helpful solutions to any of the myriad problems you will encounter as a center director. And no, flying your V.P.s and upper level managers around to all the centers for half hour visits does not constitute support. Answering a phone call or replying to an email before the end of the week does.
    3. The commission structure is designed to benefit the company, not the people who produce the revenue While it is true that one can make quite a nice commission, that entirely relies on budgets that are arbitrarily set. For example: if your budget is $80,000 ( I told you this was expensive), and you make $71, 950-falling just short of 90 percent of your budget you make zero commission. Zero, nada, no soup for you. They will remind you that you still get your base salary, but remember, you earned every dime of that by doing the dozens of other tasks you have to do.
    4. The financial priorities at C2 are out.of.whack. C2 spends next to nothing on marketing-so you are responsible for advertising your center to the community. However, for some reason, they are extremely generous with the snack budget. If I could have paid for marketing in Pringles and K-cups there wouldn't have been a man, woman or child within fifty miles of the center who didn't know who , what, and where we were.
    5. Your manager does not make commission unless your entire district makes budget. If you don't believe anything else I tell you, believe me when I say that you will have a rough time getting through the days when your manager isn't making bank.
    6. Please read 1-5 again and have a great day!

Advice to Management

Nope. I'm all talked out.