KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

C2 Education Reviews

Updated Jan 16, 2022

Found 680 of over 690 reviews

3.4
C2 Education CEO Mac Gamse (no image)
Mac Gamse
Pros
  • "flexible hours, virtual, people are great(in 56 reviews)

• "Flexible Hours, Fair Compensation, Good Resources for Tutors(in 50 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not fixed income, tutors are not full-time employee(in 93 reviews)

• "If you are the Center Director, you have to promote the center by marketing during your off time(in 55 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of C2 Education and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

great

Oct 3, 2021 - Math Tutor in New Brunswick, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

great working here enjoyed it very much

Cons

no cons other than usual work stuff

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Relationship-focused and Rewarding

Jan 14, 2022 - Senior Educator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Over my last 6+ years with C2, there have been many personal benefits: -Building relationships with students and watching them grow over many years. -Helping students and their families open the door to life-changing opportunities. -Challenging myself to find new ways to best align with the different learning styles of my students. There have also been many professional benefits: -Having a wide breadth of instructional material at my fingertips at all times. -Speaking with other highly-educated instructors about the latest developments in our fields. -Working with a close-knit support staff that focuses on making the educator's life as easy as possible (from scheduling to printing out tests). -Learning from an attentive, responsive, and supportive management team that truly cares about its employees on a personal level.

Cons

If you enjoy teaching and watching students develop into the top minds of the future, C2 presents few drawbacks. -It can be a bit fast-paced at first, but once I found my rhythm, teaching the 3:1 ratio became a breeze. -Most students are at the high-school level, so there are sometimes concepts a teacher hasn't thought about in many years. However, most of the teachers I work with (including myself) enjoy going back and refreshing their memories prior to class, as it reinforces our own knowledge as well.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

This is an education mill that cares about profit, not so much helping students

Dec 23, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, hourly pay is decent compared to other tutoring companies.

Cons

Their business model is to have 3 students for every one tutor - and of course each student is working on something completely different. If the tutor loses track of time and directs too much time to one student, they get reprimanded. C2 never considered maybe the problem is THEM and THEIR policy of having multiple students per tutor? Maybe consider that having one student per tutor would allow tutors to provide better quality instruction? Not only that, tutors are not valued at all - you can provide months or even a year or more of good service, and yet still get thrown in the trash with your hours (and pay) severely cut for no good reason. Their study materials are REPLETE with errors. They also recruit students who clearly don't want to be there, but are likely enrolled only because their parents are forcing them to go. This is questionable at best and unethical at worst - for example, in medicine, a patient can refuse care or medical procedures recommended by a doctor. C2 doesn't believe in extending a similar courtesy to students?

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Late Review: 2018-2019 Teacher Position

Jan 16, 2022 - Teacher in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Students were fun to work with. -Being patient with the students, even the most difficult ones, was rewarding, since the students returned my patience with their own patience and effort.

Cons

20-30 hours were promised, but the hours were gradually reduced. At 4 months of working at C2 LA, I found myself working 2 hours per week. By 6-8 months, I found myself working 2 hours every other week. I recognize that between certain months, there are less students. However, the hours were cut without communication. Director and assistant director in 2018-2019 picked and prioritized favorite teachers' hours. There were no clear assessments or evaluations that gave some tutors more hours than others. Decisions seemed a bit arbitrary based on the assistant director's judgements. Teaching seemed more about pleasing the parents than helping students learn. Some students had expected you to write at least parts of the college essay for them. I gave my all, even filling in last-minute cancellations from other tutors. Giving your all and working hard will not translate to more hours. Their culture seemed to suggest, "we want you to give it your all, but we will cut your hours when convenient." Assistant director in 2018 apparently showed dislike towards me and a few others from the very beginning. There seemed to be some tension between the director and assistant director, and some of the teachers the director liked seemed to be teachers that the assistant director disliked. What I found disgusting was this: assistant director only started putting appearances of kindness, asking me how my week went, etc., when he reduced my hours to 2 hours per week. I would've preferred him to communicate with me what was going on and his decision to reduce my hours. An open evaluation that suggested or stated my incompetence would've been preferred. When I was first hired and had 20 + hours, he would rarely say hi, and only say hi when I said "hello" twice or more. Only after he had the power to give me 2 hours a week, did he start initiating hellos. Director explained that she had given the assistant director control over the hours temporarily (after some disagreement occurred between her and the assistant director), and that once she had control, she would give me more hours. I waited a few months, but that never happened. I don't know if this was just a manipulative tactic to keep me there for emergencies (when teachers call in sick) or if she genuinely wanted to give me more hours, but couldn't. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, because she was the one who hired me and continued to at least outwardly appreciate me.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent

Jan 3, 2022 - English Tutor in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule, some freedom within curriculum, easy to develop a bond with students

Cons

Pay isn’t great Not much opportunity for advancement Basically impossible to get full-time hours

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Really depends on your boss and management

Sep 7, 2021 - ACT/SAT Tutor in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their workbooks are systematic and easy to follow.

Cons

Some of their workbooks aren't all that great, and you'll need to find on the spot extra practice if the student needs it or if the workbook lesson wasn't that great. Hours are pretty bad. We start later in the day since the students are in school, which means we end pretty late too. (3ish-10ish, usually have to eat dinner super late). Lunch breaks on Saturdays and during the summer are awful (30 minutes long, but 10 minutes are used up as students are packing up and leaving). Teaching 3 students (different topics) at a time can be challenging depending on the student. A lot of your experience depends on your boss and management. My experience was amazing at first, but my boss got promoted and went to a different state, and my manager left. Under the new boss and manager, it has been pretty rough, despite the fact that I'm still teaching the same lessons and doing pretty much the same work.

7. 1.0

Sucks

Dec 26, 2021 - Education Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Don’t have to go into the office until afternoon.

Cons

Horrible work life balance. Horrible pay. Youre there until 10pm. You’re treated like a child. You need to ask permission for everything - told when you can have your break. It’s like be a teenager. So happy to not be with this company any longer. Worst job ever.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0

Not for me

Jan 5, 2022 - Education Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with Supportive environment

Cons

Extremely low salary. Job is not meant for someone established well within their career. Job is more for kids who just graduated from college. You do not get an annual raise.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good job, pays decent lots of flexibility.

Dec 29, 2021 - Teacher in Edison, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, curriculum is provided, good business

Cons

pay could probably be better,

10. 4.0

Nice experience

Dec 31, 2021 - Center Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team members and supervisor

Cons

Highly stressful and high expectations

Viewing 1 - 10 of 680 Reviews

C2 Education Reviews FAQs

C2 Education has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 690 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at C2 Education to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, C2 Education employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at C2 Education. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

46% of C2 Education employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated C2 Education 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at C2 Education to be work life balance, coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with C2 Education Job Seekers