C2FO Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Alexander C. Kemper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Grow and go"

I have been working at C2FO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to grow both personally and professionally. Sharpest group of folks I've had the pleasure to work with. We all push each other to be better daily. Focus is on mission over metrics, with an eye on revenue and spending.

Cons

Can be a bit siloed at times. Org is made up of hight achieving individuals, even at the exec level. Employee development and mentoring sometimes gets left behind as a result.

Advice to Management

Express appreciation to employees more individually.

2. "Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Fairway, KS
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Fairway, KS

I have been working at C2FO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, catered lunches three days per week, challenging environment, and some of the smartest people I've ever worked with

Cons

Prepare to work lots of hours. 401 k match and other benefits are very average. The office space is mediocre, but does have ping pong and foosball to help unwind when needed.

3. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Fairway, KS
    Former Employee - Intern in Fairway, KS

I worked at C2FO full-time

Pros

Amazing people; flexible hours; cool workspace

Cons

Challenging environment; Changing software stack

4. "Great Intern experience"

Former Employee - Data Science Intern in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Data Science Intern in Lawrence, KS

I worked at C2FO (Less than a year)

Pros

You don't have to force yourself to maintain great work life balance. All of your ideas get heard by higher management. The data science director works on great initiative of bringing more value to data science in Mid-West.

Cons

Was there for short period of time so did not really feel any.

"Better Buckle Up and Buckle Down if you want to play"

I have been working at C2FO full-time

Pros

- I work with highly intelligent, motivated individuals in an exciting, fast-pace environment. My skills, as a professional, have been sharpened in my tenure with C2FO and it is great to work at a place that is so focused on the change/difference we want to make in the world. Sounds cheesy, I know, but is very real and very sincere.

Cons

This company is not for the faint of heart. it is not just a job, it's a mission. So, while I am into that... I concede the environment is not meant for everyone.

Advice to Management

-----

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at C2FO (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best companies I have ever worked for. I work with passionate people that have a "nothing is impossible" attitude. The CEO seeks out ideas from all employees and allows them to achieve them. We often wear lots of different hats with little time and resources, but are very connected to what we are building.

Cons

C2FO is a fast paced environment and may not be for those that seek a good work life balance. We are passionate about our work, and are always thinking about the business.

Advice to Management

Be careful not to over hire, as more employees do not always equate to more productivity. Allow other departments to interview potential hires to insure there is a good culture fit.

"Great Company. Great CEO. Too many managers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at C2FO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

C2FO is a great place for those who hate corporate culture but are also scared of the volatility found in most startups. You get the startup benefits: ping pong table, beer on tap, free lunches, unlimited vacation, flexible schedule. But you also get the hallmarks of a successful business: Brilliant CEO, well funded, impressive benefits, clearly defined expectations, a slim but not flat management structure.

The technology stack is solid. There’s cash payout for successful customer-relations / sales employees (Mr. Kemper literally shells out 100 dollar bills in front of the whole company to the overachievers). The company is incredibly transparent about everything from KPIs to investor relations. The sales team isn’t humiliated when they fail to close deals, but instead encouraged and given tools to help the next deal yield success.

The work is more challenging that what you’d find at a traditional finance company such as a bank or a government gig. But it’s not nearly as challenging or intense as most early-stage startups. For most, this compromise is a good thing. You work hard without being too overwhelmed.

Cons

If you come from a bank, the FRB, H&R Block or a financial arm of the government, you will be disappointed in the benefits (alluded to in other reviews). You will also be somewhat uncomfortable with the lack of abundant planning. You’ll probably be a bit freaked out that many developers spend maybe 4 or 5 hours in the office then go home and work remotely.

But curb your disappointment. This is a company that is graduating from scrappy startup to successful small business. The benefits are well above average for a company this small and this young. The lack of corporate-style planning keeps the software cycle lean and flexible. The developers work like crazy — be it from their home, at a coffee shop or in the office.

If you come from a startup, you might be disappointed in the complete opposite — the lack of a flat management structure (you will have a couple of bosses), planning meetings, heavy-handed bug tracking, and having to take direction from managers in completely different departments. Also, as mentioned earlier, the work is not as challenging (or as fun) as with early-stage startups. These are the reasons I left. But that said, I enjoyed my time at C2FO, it was a fantastic opportunity and I sincerely wish the company, the staff and Mr. Kemper all the luck in the world.

Advice to Management

There’s too much management at C2FO. I do have a flat-structure, startup bias, so take this with a grain of salt. But if you look at every employee’s title in a spreadsheet (which I did), the number of people with “Manger”, “Director”, “VP of” “President of” and “Chief” titles is really quite ridiculous. We often joked about how the titles went to people’s heads.

If C2FO continues to employ so many managers in a company so small, I strongly recommend checking your egos at the door and working together. I don’t care if you worked at Groupon or had some fancy title at the Fed in a past career. You work at C2FO now and you need to be communicative, humble and serving to others.

"CSR"

I have been working at C2FO (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing, ground-breaking product. Fantastic culture. Transparent leadership. Vision to liberate cash in the supply chain world is incredibly beneficial for the supplier as well as the buyer.

Cons

Health, vision and dental benefits are not as good or comprehensive as I would like. Sometimes changing of procedures is difficult because the small company does not have every role filled

"Not as welcoming as it would appear to be"

I worked at C2FO (More than a year)

Pros

The company is headed in the right direction; it's gaining attention outside of KC, its mission is meaningful and the environment can be fun at times. Company events and celebrations happen throughout the year and you get beer on tap and catered lunches weekly Mon-Wed.

Cons

Too much ego going on around the place.
    From observation, women and minorities are treated as inferior (very little diversity in this company).
    Coffee got rationed...yes, you heard that right! Cups and creamers too!
    Environment is awfully competitive and you have to be ready when others steal your work and ideas or throw you under the bus.

Advice to Management

Be more genuine and interested in the success of your team members.

10. "Great Company"

I have been working at C2FO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast moving, Growing at an amazing pace, Doing good for the businesses they provide services for.

Cons

No cons that I have observed.