C3/CustomerContactChannels Reviews in Twin Falls, ID | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
C3/CustomerContactChannels President & COO Rick Ferry
Rick Ferry

Pros
  • Experience with a REAL call center (in 13 reviews)

• For the most part good people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The training needs to be the same as what is really expected of you when you are on the call center floor (in 18 reviews)

• High turnover rate, you can never feel safe (in 6 reviews)

1. "Abstain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

C3, has given me more room to grow than any previous company I have worked for.

Cons

No Current Cons to express

"Decent entry-level job"

Current Employee - Internet Tech Support in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Internet Tech Support in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management has gotten a lot better, HR & sups will work with you a lot on hours and things like that. Good pay for entry-level job.

Cons

Bad pay for call centers in general, and bad benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay more

"Discrimate and be cruel"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Twin Falls, ID

Pros

None this company needs to be closed

Cons

This company festers hatred and discriminates against those that are above the age of 30, they allow agents to be beaten and abused both physically and mentally. The company also makes sure those with any kind of knowledge and experience are treated poorly and passed over by lying about them. They change the rules and policies with out rhyme or reason. They make excuses for the guy who rapes women in a the supply room and allows him to keep his job while firing his victims. The company is nothing but away for predators to get fresh meat to violate.

Advice to Management

Take a real look at how the employees are being treated by the supervisors. Grow up

"Nasty Place to Work-HATED every minute of it."

I worked at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time

Pros

Umm. . . . . .Not a single thing!!!!!

Cons

Very little training. Horrible working conditions. My QA marked people down for sneezing, breathing too loud, saying "Thank you" too much, not saying "Thank you" enough, etc. It was just ridiculous. Everybody hated her.(You know it's true, Andrea). Also, my supervisor seemed to not even know how to work the phone system, let alone actually take a call. How does a person like that become a supervisor? So bizarre. Also HR,( if you could actually find them in the building past noon) were not helpful at all. I don't know if they were just stupid or lazy. The bathrooms stunk to high heaven and there were bedbugs in the cubicles and management did nothing at all to remedy it.

Advice to Management

Maybe take some business administration classes. Maybe actually walk around on the production floor to see whats going on. I only encountered members of upper management twice in 6 months of working there. Where exactly were you hiding out? Were you afraid of an uprising on the call center floor?

"Never Again"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the pay check is steady

Cons

The people are cruel vindictive and vicious, they hire young and promote only those willing to go down. More than once i was told if i want to promote I have to put out. I watched as many people who would go out of there way to learn to be better at their job be treated like trash and even ridiculed and tormented. The put depends in peoples desk drawers and think it is funny. The promote from with in is a lie and unless you are willing to sleep with the supervisors to get their recommendations. The higher up turn a blind eye and even in some occasions participate in the cruelty.

Advice to Management

Wake up and take a look around people are not leaving due to walls and chairs they are leaving cause they are tired of being treated like trash. Don't talk about values if you have no intentions of living by them.

"Run And Don"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at C3/CustomerContactChannels (More than a year)

Pros

There are some amazing people at C3, it is one of the only positive things about the job. From agents, support staff and some of the managers, the teams, i.e. people, are what make C3 tolerable. The place is brimming with unappreciated talent, good people that would be dedicated to the right employer if they were treated better.

Cons

Just about everything else you could add to a list. Embarrassingly low salary for supervisors with lackluster benefits. The only real 'benefit' for supervisors is the ability to self-manage your breaks. Far too low of an hourly wage for most agents and the high-stress job they are expected to do. The medical benefits are an absolute joke compared to wages and out of any reasonable price range for most staff.

The workplace is absolutely filthy. The stress of the job is so high, staff is overworked to such a high degree, I kid you not, the local paramedics are on site to transport someone to the hospital or check on them at least 1-2x or more per week. The staff is in miserable health the majority of the time due to unsanitary working conditions, high stress, not enough income to afford healthy food, breaks often cut back or reduced, and overall they are just burnt out and fatigued.

The majority of perks never get implemented. This is usually blamed on supervisors as the front line leadership, but the truth is the corporations simply sucks at supporting the staff. You can pretty much count on any bleak contribution for incentive funds being late or never being delivered at all. Obviously this has a very high negative impact on the agents.

Culturally C3 talks a good game, they're all smiles and handshakes to get you through the door. But once they suck you in, you're nothing but a butt in a seat and you better keep your mouth shut, dont complain and do the job or you'll be kicked to the curb quick. EVERYONE is 100% expendable and means nothing to the company, you can be replaced. Or so they think.

Ask around town and all you hear 98% of the time is terrible negative things about the company.

Look at the low review rating here, it speaks for itself, and the fact that it hasn't changed is concrete proof that the corporate higher-ups simply don't give a damn. They just keep expanding, opening new locations, and looking to increase profits.

Management for the most part is insincere, fake, two faced, backstabbing and cannot be trusted. On every occasion when corporate or client figures visited the site we were never introduced to them. Private high dollar lunches and dinners were thrown behind closed doors. These people would tour the site as though visiting a zoo, just far enough from the animals working the phones as to not get their hands dirty or god forbid actually have to talk to one and come to the realization that these are PEOPLE working for you, not cattle.

Do Not confide in anyone in HR, their only role is to protect the company and have no intention of being on your side if you ever need them. Anything you say absolutely will be held against you.

Employee feedback is discounted and cast aside, constantly labeled as not the real 'root cause' of what is causing the issues at work. Metrics, metrics, metrics, that is the only thing managers are interested in seeing. Who cares if you're sick, who cares if the schedule and low pay you have doesn't allow you to see your kids, spouse or enjoy anything remotely resembling quality of life outside of work. They crack the whip and you better show up and perform, no excuses.

Run And Don't Look Back, EVER!
    Do not make the mistake of applying at C3, you're better off bagging groceries or something else than putting yourself through the stress of working for a company like this.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY ARE WORTH!
    TREAT THE AGENTS AND SUPPORT STAFF LIKE PEOPLE - THEY ARE NOT CATTLE!

C3's driving motivator is profits, period. Yes it's outsourcing, but the complexity of some of the jobs that the agents do is down right ridiculous for $9 per hour. Add to that archaic, antiquated systems, deteriorating networks, filthy workplace, broken inefficient tools, ops managers constantly bowing to outrageous client demands and an overall lack of appreciation for the agents and support staff that show up day in, day out to support the company, and you have a company culture that simply doesn't live up to it's own hype.

As a supervisor I caught a glimpse first hand how C3 squanders capital on stupid purchases, and completely foregoes taking care of the agents and support staff by failing to increase wages and provide funding for incentives for contests, etc. For example, high dollar full color oversized vinyl banners splattered around the site when an event is taking place. WHY? Why would you dump that capital into such a wasteful item? Why not instead take those funds and cater lunches, provide 'good' prizes, or god forbid, take what you have budgeted for the year on those types of items and provide performance bonuses, holiday bonuses, or maybe even increase wages and salaries.

You all talk a good a game but it is clear you do not care about the people that work for you. You can go on believing your own hype but the community of Twin Falls is no fool, everyone knows C3 is a miserable place to work and the damage is done. Why is it so hard for talent acquisitions to get quality people to apply, or anyone for that matter? Why is attrition and attendance such a massive problem? Because you've driven this location into the ground and its days are numbered.

Mark my words, watch what happens when Cliff Bar opens, you're set to lose at least a 1/3+ of your workforce, and not just an agent here and there, but the best of the best from your support staff, they're all just biding their time, counting the days till they can leave the clutches of your despicable company. Not to mention other entrepreneurs set to come up in the community who will headhunt your talented staff one by one and show them what a real community driven workplace looks like.

"Since when did high school pay?"

Former Employee - Outsourced TSR in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Outsourced TSR in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First off, C3 started out as a fun place to work at. There are always little parties going on in our downtime. The workforce is easy to talk with in order to get something arranged to fit your schedule. Most of the people are pretty easy to talk to and most people are always willing to help you out if they are able to. The pay was excellent, since it was technically my first job straight out of high school.

Cons

The fun parts get too out of control. Those who are supposed to help the people on the phones are hard to reach because they are screwing off making it nearly impossible to work with the customers. I actually had someone scream "I will stab you" while I was on a call and had to explain to a customer that everything was fine. I would completely understand people shouting if there was an emergency situation, but not while everything is running while it is supposed to.

I don't mind occasionally goofing off to blow off steam, but it is getting out of control

Just the other day a bunch of people were screaming into horns to try to motivate us into making sales... since when did cheerleaders do any good in improving a call center? I actually had several customers get confused because they thought I was rambling nonsense while trying to fix their internet. Also it makes it hard to focus because every other person tries to sneak a smoke while inside the building, with both normal cigarettes and those e-cigs, especially if you are allergic to tobacco. I get that it is a stressful job but come on!
    C3 praises the aspect that it takes the time to recognize their employees. It is one the first things they bring up during the pre-hire orientation. However our supervisors conveniently "lose" any application to get out of the floor after six or seven times. Several employees, ones that have been with C3 much longer than I have been there have been trying to apply for a supervisor position and ironically every single one of their applications was gone. Oh yeah, if you're stuck on a call because you aren't sure on how to take care of a certain problem a customer has or if the customer is being stubborn and flat out rude and asked for a supervisor, you have to either corner or booby trap SOMEBODY in order to get something done. And just about 99% of the time they have NO CLUE what to do.

Advice to Management

Why should I offer advice? The upper management is where the problems start!

"Skewed view of employees"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees try their best to look out for each other. A culture tries to be instilled.

Cons

C3 doesn't stand up for it's employees. Clients want to remove employees from their program and C3 does nothing to fight for them - this inevitably leads to C3 having one of the highest turnover rates I've seen in a call center. Certain programs can't keep over 10% of it's new employees in a 12 month period. Wages are far too low to be livable for the kind of work that is done.

Advice to Management

Fight for the employees - take what they have to say seriously and consider what they are saying.

"Long and tedious, super annoying support staff."

Current Employee - Member Advocate in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Member Advocate in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, 40 hours a week if you want it. Vacation pay.

Cons

No flexibility, will not offer part time. 9 dollars an hour, and gossping support staff.

Advice to Management

Higher pay.

"Not a very honest company to work for."

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are available, which in this area is a big plus.

Cons

Lower wages than expected. Layoffs that weren't supposed to happen.