C3 IoT Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
C3 IoT CEO Thomas M. Siebel
Thomas M. Siebel

Pros
  • All around a really nice working environment (in 11 reviews)

• The direction you get from Tom Siebel is absolutely clear - the processes are very light and it is fast paced (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There's no work from home policy (in 13 reviews)

• There's definitely a lack of work/life balance if you're motivated; especially with no work from home policy (in 11 reviews)

1. "Intoxicating race to lead Industry 4.0"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• The talent Tom Siebel has assembled makes going to work highly motivational
    • All employees work really hard and want the company to succeed
    • We work in a very interesting marketplace, solving extremely complex business problems, you feel you are making a deference
    • We encourage innovation and the office is pretty cool space to work
    • Recent company successes are creating a real buzz in the office, people feeling we could be part of something special
    • You don’t want for anything food wise, to combat that, we have free gym membership

Cons

•We have unique culture that isn't for everybody

Advice to Management

• Having IoT in our name undersells our full capabilities of Big Data, AI & Machine Learning
    • Hirer faster across all departments

2. "Great company with promising future"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

iot is very interesting, challenging and promising
    strong management
    fast pace
    friendly colleague
    good pay and benefit
    free and delicious lunch

Cons

The iot platform is fairly complex. So the learning curve is steep.

"Forward Deployed Engineer"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of momentum in a good direction and a solid team of bright minds working well together to accomplish large-scale goals.

Cons

As with many fast-moving small teams, the on boarding can be a bit chaotic.

5. "Pursue challenges."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the challenges posed by the problems we're solving. Little of the work has been easy, but the successes are gratifying. I appreciate that employee contributions are rewarded in ways that are apparent every day. I've learned a lot. The people at the company inspire me. Sometimes they make me laugh. Everyone pushes hard to deliver comprehensive solutions to customers and to each other.

Cons

Working at C3 IoT can be daunting at times, but it is worth it. You will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

When I have questions or if I want to give guidance I can share it directly with executive management. I like that.

"Stepford Startup"

I worked at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free gym membership. Free gym membership. Free gym membership. Free gym membership. Free gym membership. Free gym membership. Free gym membership.

Cons

Like working in the Twilight Zone. Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, and Ivy League zombies abound. The best and brightest move on within 13 months of start date. Only former Siebel employees, family members, or sycophants have stayed on.

Advice to Management

Stay close to TS. He'll take care of you as long as you keep repeating "yes."

C3 IoT Response

Mar 9, 2017 – C3 IoT

We are sorry that C3 IoT was not a good intellectual and cultural fit for you. We take employee satisfaction and retention very seriously, and strive to hire the industry’s brightest minds and ... More

7. "Best team I've ever worked with"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Producing software to help people with concrete problems they want solved and allowing the world to be more sustainable as a result. Working with focused, highly-skilled, devoted and enthusiastic people to implement real, practical, practicable solutions to large-scale problems (many of which have never been solved anywhere). A full range of experience levels among engineers from new college grads to amazingly talented engineers who've been building software for two decades or more.

Cons

So many vital projects happening at the same time that it's not possible to track all of them, and sometimes a week's schedule gets totally thrown out because something has unexpectedly become too important to put off for a week. Occasional long hours and weekends to make goals.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Add a weekly-updated visualization of the on-going projects and the upcoming deliverables.

"Challenging, energetic and fulfilling"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company has a great start-up energy that permeates each department. Employees are smart, driven while also being amicable and enjoyable to work with. Free lunch and open kitchen area that provides an excellent place for employee's from all departments to join each other. IMHO the lunch time gathering can be an important aspect in building and maintaining company morale and cohesiveness. Also, the office space is among the best, if not THE best, I've worked in terms of the layout and design. Additionally, there is a gym within the business park where employees receive a free membership. As with most start up's, responsibilities for a certain position can extend beyond what is typically expected. However, that can definitely provide very interesting learning opportunities if you're the type of person that can adapt quickly to new situations and can appreciate such opportunities. Overall, in my opinion it's an exceptional place to work.

Cons

There's no work from home policy. Can be fast paced beyond an enjoyable degree to the point of stressful. If you're not the type of person that is driven and wants to succeed both individually and as a member of a team it's most likely not the best place for you. Operations of the company can be perceived as "micro managed" by the CEO and often times decisions are halted in a bottleneck for his approval. Doesn't seem like other high level employees have much autonomy to make decisions which can be inefficient.

Advice to Management

Value employees and be open to listening to their suggestions, opinions and thoughts. Great employees, even the ones that can take a solid beating of no work/life balance for months/years, will eventually fade.

"Getting things done, being on the forefront of technology"

Current Employee - SWE in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - SWE in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It has been mentioned many times before: the people working here and the team spirit are simply outstanding. The large variety of projects and working on latest technologies keep it very interesting and challenging. For a startup company C3IoT is actually well organized and structured, likely because the executive team is very experienced and involved in all aspects of the company.

Nice little additional perk is the office location/layout/design. It's simply one of the best and nicest offices I have seen and having ping pong, pool table, gym with climbing wall and pool, soccer, beach volleyball, baseball field etc. just makes this a pleasant work experience. Lunches are not just ordered, but prepared onsite by great chefs/restaurants and are of very high quality.

Cons

No working from home. :(
    Yes, we get more done by all being in the office, but working from home for a day or even just a portion of the day would help tremendously to either focus on certain tasks or to simply have flexibilities to run errands like DMV, doctors appointments, etc.

Advice to Management

Please ensure employees are recognized and feel appreciated for small and big achievements - after all they make this company special.

10. "Truly great place to work"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team of extremely bright and motivated people solving real world problems through technology. Great executive and leadership team with proven track record. Interesting and fast evolving software development platform and product. Open, friendly and collaborative work environment.

Cons

Priorities can change too frequently. Occasional work from home policy would be great.

11. "Great experience. Demanding, bright people, and a very promising future"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) C3 IoT employs some really smart people -- the best and brightest I've ever worked with, and they are all very positive individuals...even when times are challenging. This makes the work parts of work, and especially the social/cultural parts, extremely rewarding.
    2) The product actually works.
    3) Management is committed to the company, and as long as you can communicate clearly, rationally, and confidently, you will be taken seriously.
    4) There is always something new to learn, and always something interesting to work on.
    5) Even though C3 IoT is a demanding work environment, the company does encourage employees to use their PTO and sick days. We each know how important PTO is, and we cover for one another without complaining...too much :)

Cons

There is no work from home policy, which for a small business is actually a good thing but for some people it's tough (completely understandable). If you're not an A player, and/or don't have a positive attitude, and/or take yourself (or your ego) too seriously, and/or you don't enjoy demanding work environments, it will be a very challenging experience and you will likely leave either regretting that you didn't make it, or that you took the job. 90% of the time it's the former with ex-employees.

Advice to Management

Hire in advance of the curve, trust and invest in your current personnel, and keep the engineers happily chugging along.