C3 IoT Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
C3 IoT CEO Thomas M. Siebel
Thomas M. Siebel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Smart people and nice to hang out with (in 13 reviews)

• Deep, experienced management team (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-from-home policy feels overly restrictive (in 15 reviews)

• There's definitely a lack of work/life balance if you're motivated; especially with no work from home policy (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Get inspired, make a difference, love what you do"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

C3 IoT is without a doubt the #1 best place to work. I get to work with the smartest people, innovate with the latest AI and deep learning techniques, and use software to solve hard problems for smart, accomplished customers.

Work-life balance is completely in your control which is a huge plus - people work hard here because they love what they do.

You have to be ready and willing to step up, to contribute every day, and stay at the top of your game to hang at this place - people here are flat out impressive, starting with the CEO.

If you're a superstar and ready for a life-changing opportunity, get a job here.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at C3 IoT.

Advice to Management

You lead by example every day and inspire excellence in everything we know - keep doing what you're doing

"Best experience I can ever imagine"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with many companies in the past, not only as an employee but also as management consult. C3 IoT is by far the best I can ever imagine. Here is a list of reason why I come to work happily everyday:
    - Legendary founder/CEO Tom Siebel with great vision for the company: He has over 40yrs of experience in Information Technology and has founded Siebel system and led it through tremendous growth and IPO. He knows how to lead a company through various phases as a startup and eventually a public company. A billionaire who has earned more than enough to retire years ago, Tom has put his personal wealth and continuous hard work to this 8 year old company with his passion to again create something revolutionary. He also brought in many experienced leaders and advisors to the business.
    - Experienced high performing leadership: Many of the top leaders are experienced ex-Oracle/Siebel System veterans and ex-McKinsey consultants. They are down to earth, practical and exceptionally intelligent with great executions.
    - Talented young engineers & data scientist: C3 has a lot of young talented engineers and data scientists (with PhD degrees) from top universities not only in U.S. but around the globe
    - A unique product with tremendous value proposition: C3 IoT offers a next generation machine learning/AI software platform for the enterprise. This is a unique new category that C3 basically has no competitors in. The business value provided to the large enterprises by having the capability to predict the equipment failure, optimize inventory and detect fraud (and many more) is significant beyond the cost of the software application/platform
    - Silicon Valley culture: With the Silicon Valley genes, C3 IoT encourages continuous learning. Employees will be rewarded after completing Machine Learning/Deep Learning coursera classes. Reading of books in the field of ML/AI is also encouraged.
    - Refreshing office environment: The first time I stepped into the C3 office for interview, I immediately fell in love with the vast space and oxygen tank type of workpod space surrounded by plants. High quality lunch and snacks/beverages are provided. Beanbags/couches scattered around the office. Pingpong and pool table available. Friday happy hour with pizza, beer and wine.

In summary, C3 IoT has a rare combination for a startup/pre-IPO company of visionary leader, experienced leadership and talented young engineers. It also has the culture and office environment you will love to be immersed in.

I am indeed proud of being part of this fast growing company. The company and people around me, constitutes more than 70% of my happiness in life now :)

Cons

C3 IoT has a high performing culture with transparency. High performance is rewarded but below the bar behavior is not tolerated.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead with vision and superior execution. And attract high caliber talent to our great company.

3. "Excellent Team, Managers, and Leadership"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At C3 IoT I get to work closely with engineers from all types of different technical backgrounds. This makes understanding the full stack much easier and allows us to move quickly. With an open office everyone can easily communicate with one another to get to solutions quicker.
    The management team is very knowledgable and has a clear vision on the big picture. No time is wasted crossing red tape. Managers have everyones best interest in mind during decision making.

Cons

The office temperature is inconsistent.

4. "Shape how the top global corporations embrace Digital Transformation and AI at scale!"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly talented team: work with the best in their fields
    - Very interesting problems to solve. C3 IoT is leading the way in shaping how global corporations embrace AI at scale
    - Management team with a proven track record of building world class, industry defining, software companies
    - Clear vision and relentless focus on execution

Cons

- None so far

Advice to Management

- Continue focus on hiring exceptional people

5. "Top-Notch Problems, Top-Notch Team"

Current Employee - Product Management in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Fascinating space (AI that changes the bottom line for massive organizations)
    • Accessibility of executives and decision-makers
    • Collegial and entrepreneurial workplace culture
    • High ownership and responsibility
    • Intellectually vital coworkers

Cons

• High ownership culture with lots of work to be done can lead to more work than the average workplace – some are not a fit for this, although I find it can also lead to greater professional and personal growth

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Still the best company to work for after 3.5 years"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Smart people and nice to hang out with
    - Great culture
    - Innovation
    - Great benefits
    - Leader of the IoT industries

Cons

- Short-handed when more deals signed. Need to hire as fast as possible to enable us to do more things
    - Interview questions are tough for hiring the right people

7. "Amazing People, Culture, Techology"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Energetic, optimistic, employees. Challenging work -- we're doing stuff that's never been done before!

Cons

Very good technology that continues to rapidly improve. So you need to be able to keep up - not for the faint of heart.

8. "Come here to do something no one else has done before."

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

Very experienced and smart coworkers. People here are serious about building a great product. Great environment. Great vibe. Great technical challenges no other company has tackled to our scale. Lot of room to grow personally.

Cons

Tuesdays and Thursdays food tend to be ehh. Not enough unhealthy snacks.

Advice to Management

Can we replace the box of coconut chips and popcorn next to the fridge with some better snacks? The coconut chips are ehhh and the smell of butter popcorn will permeate throughout the area so no one eats them. This takes away precious snack space from other snacks.

9. "Interesting work with lots of smart people"

Current Employee - Data Scientist
    Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a data scientist, you get to solve real-world big data challenges. It is a fantastic opportunity for growth because you work on different datasets and solve different problems from different industries. (Not that typical A/B testing all day everyday boring stuff!)

Cons

Nothing negative! I'm loving it!

10. "Challenging problems and great working environment"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

Work with all different industries on real-world problems
    Challenging environment at the intersection of big data, AI, and IoT
    Great place to work, very collaborative team, dynamic people.
    Great outlook and many opportunities to grow

Cons

Fast paced environment
    Shift in directions and priorities a little too often

Advice to Management

Hire more people because we are getting more customers/projects than what our current team can support.