C3 IoT Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
C3 IoT CEO Thomas M. Siebel
Thomas M. Siebel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Deep, experienced management team (in 13 reviews)

• Smart people and nice to hang out with (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-from-home policy feels overly restrictive (in 17 reviews)

• There's definitely a lack of work/life balance if you're motivated; especially with no work from home policy (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best experience I can ever imagine"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with many companies in the past, not only as an employee but also as management consult. C3 IoT is by far the best I can ever imagine. Here is a list of reason why I come to work happily everyday:
    - Legendary founder/CEO Tom Siebel with great vision for the company: He has over 40yrs of experience in Information Technology and has founded Siebel system and led it through tremendous growth and IPO. He knows how to lead a company through various phases as a startup and eventually a public company. A billionaire who has earned more than enough to retire years ago, Tom has put his personal wealth and continuous hard work to this 8 year old company with his passion to again create something revolutionary. He also brought in many experienced leaders and advisors to the business.
    - Experienced high performing leadership: Many of the top leaders are experienced ex-Oracle/Siebel System veterans and ex-McKinsey consultants. They are down to earth, practical and exceptionally intelligent with great executions.
    - Talented young engineers & data scientist: C3 has a lot of young talented engineers and data scientists (with PhD degrees) from top universities not only in U.S. but around the globe
    - A unique product with tremendous value proposition: C3 IoT offers a next generation machine learning/AI software platform for the enterprise. This is a unique new category that C3 basically has no competitors in. The business value provided to the large enterprises by having the capability to predict the equipment failure, optimize inventory and detect fraud (and many more) is significant beyond the cost of the software application/platform
    - Silicon Valley culture: With the Silicon Valley genes, C3 IoT encourages continuous learning. Employees will be rewarded after completing Machine Learning/Deep Learning coursera classes. Reading of books in the field of ML/AI is also encouraged.
    - Refreshing office environment: The first time I stepped into the C3 office for interview, I immediately fell in love with the vast space and oxygen tank type of workpod space surrounded by plants. High quality lunch and snacks/beverages are provided. Beanbags/couches scattered around the office. Pingpong and pool table available. Friday happy hour with pizza, beer and wine.

In summary, C3 IoT has a rare combination for a startup/pre-IPO company of visionary leader, experienced leadership and talented young engineers. It also has the culture and office environment you will love to be immersed in.

I am indeed proud of being part of this fast growing company. The company and people around me, constitutes more than 70% of my happiness in life now :)

Cons

C3 IoT has a high performing culture with transparency. High performance is rewarded but below the bar behavior is not tolerated.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead with vision and superior execution. And attract high caliber talent to our great company.

2. "It's awesome. And I love it."

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What if the company you worked for was growing really fast? And the work was challenging, stimulating and exciting?

What if you got to work with incredibly smart, talented, driven, and innovative people?

What if you could be part of building something truly valuable? That helped customers solve previously unsolvable problems? That could revolutionize all sorts of industries, healthcare, and the government?

What if you jumped out of bed in the morning excited to start your day, with your brain whirring about ideas and projects?

What if the new office coffee-cappuccino-latte-espresso-hot-water machines were just. simply. the. rockin. Best? And Friday evening happy hour was actually happy?

What if your teammates were warm, funny, curious, and collaborative? And sat right there, so you could just turn around and quickly get stuff done?

What if you got to work with one of the legends of Silicon Valley as your CEO?

What if your calendar wasn't packed with meetings because everyone is in the office every day, so you know where to find them? And (free) lunch is together with your co-workers so you build strong relationships.

What if you and your peers had extremely high standards for the work you do, the interactions you have with customers, prospects and partners, and the people you hire?

Then you'd better join C3 IoT. Because all of the above is true. I love it. And it's awesome.

Cons

What if you want to clock in at 9 and clock out at 5? Do not think about joining this company.

What about the free food that cause your waistband to get a bit tight? Get up early and exercise. Maybe at the on-site gym.

3. "Challenging, Fun, Exciting, World-changing"

Current Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Surround yourself with colleagues that are each at the best of their game
    * Work on the most important, never solved before problems facing Fortune 500 Enterprises.
    * Join a company that is truly a leader in a fast-growing, emerging space to support CEO-driven Digital transformations
    * Learn from some of the masters in the Enterprise IT space
    * Embody passion for our customers, rigor, rapid execution, intellectual curiosity, and professionalism

Cons

* None outright - I've had a blast

Advice to Management

* Keep going - we've got lots more to do

4. "This is a rocket ship taking off! Great leadership, team, technology, and space to be in now!"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

Legendary CEO. Great leadership. Cutting edge technology that solves massive problems for big industries around the world. Lots of individual learning and growth opportunities. Very collaborative and diverse team. Amazing people.

Cons

This is a very fast-growing, demanding, and merit-based environment with lots of professional growth opportunities. As such, there are never enough hours in each day.

5. "The company has a bright future"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The world’s leader in IoT business. Solving the problems that could have a big impact on our society and environment.

Talented and friendly employees. Beautiful workspaces. Delicious lunch!

Cons

No work from home policy. Have to take either PTO or sick leave. But it shouldn’t be a problem because we believe we need to work with each other to solve the problems together.

6. "The Ultimate Professional Organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is laser focused on changing the world of IoT. Tremendous experience in building enterprise software. Top notch talent.

Cons

Get ready to work extremely hard.

"Great Teams and Peers, Emphasis on Personal Growth, and Great Company Outlook"

Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Positive energy, buzz in work environment (partially fueled by us doing well financially, too)
    * Hardworking, motivated peers. In all departments.
    * Collaborative work environment - lots of joint design sessions, peer review.
    * Emphasis on personal development as well as delivery of product
         * cash bonus incentives to complete selected Coursera courses in AI, security
         * management sees learning as a priority, to stay current with technologies (especially in ML, which is a fast moving field nowadays). Valued when some of your time is spent learning and exploring new ideas.
         * management is always looking for ways to improve - even forming a book club to absorb and exercise best practices in management
    * Emphasis on iteratively improving our products and process (Agile)
    * Comfortable office, makes you want to get there early and stay late
         * fully catered continental breakfast and healthy lunch everyday, plus full snack shelf, variety of changing drinks, and espresso machines
         * on-site gym facilities
         * open lighting in office
         * lots of open space for people to migrate to with their laptops, for a change of immediate surroundings
    * Experienced management team, working hard to close deals, demonstrate our value to the world

Cons

* No work from home policy, but this was made clear during the interview process.
         * Employees are asked to take a 1/2 sick day for doctor's and dentist's appointments.
    * No adjustable height tables - many employees use an IKEA stand to make a standing desk, and don't have an option to quickly switch to a sitting desk. Why not just spend the few hundred dollars per person to get adjustable table tops?
    * Feel a little detached from Human Resources - why don't we have a corporate directory with employee pictures, and an employee org chart yet?
    * At the end of some days, we have lots of leftover food that are probably thrown away. We should have saran wrap or foil, and encourage people to take food home rather than have it go to waste. The environmentalist side of me speaking.

* Unclear if there is enough time in schedules to cut down on accumulated technical debt, due to fast incoming priorities and deadlines. This is common to all tech companies, but I need more time to see if this is worse or better than other places.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work engaging new customers!

See the Con's list above for little quibbles.

"Still the best company to work for after 3.5 years"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Smart people and nice to hang out with
    - Great culture
    - Innovation
    - Great benefits
    - Leader of the IoT industries

Cons

- Short-handed when more deals signed. Need to hire as fast as possible to enable us to do more things
    - Interview questions are tough for hiring the right people

9. "Excellent Team, Managers, and Leadership"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At C3 IoT I get to work closely with engineers from all types of different technical backgrounds. This makes understanding the full stack much easier and allows us to move quickly. With an open office everyone can easily communicate with one another to get to solutions quicker.
    The management team is very knowledgable and has a clear vision on the big picture. No time is wasted crossing red tape. Managers have everyones best interest in mind during decision making.

Cons

The office temperature is inconsistent.

"Come here to do something no one else has done before."

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

Very experienced and smart coworkers. People here are serious about building a great product. Great environment. Great vibe. Great technical challenges no other company has tackled to our scale. Lot of room to grow personally.

Cons

Tuesdays and Thursdays food tend to be ehh. Not enough unhealthy snacks.

Advice to Management

Can we replace the box of coconut chips and popcorn next to the fridge with some better snacks? The coconut chips are ehhh and the smell of butter popcorn will permeate throughout the area so no one eats them. This takes away precious snack space from other snacks.