C3 IoT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 19, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The management team is very knowledgable and has a clear vision on the big picture" (in 14 reviews)

• "Many very smart people - inspiring place to work" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work from home policy, but this was made clear during the interview process" (in 17 reviews)

• "pay is relatively low compared to similar roles at other companies, horrible work/life balance" (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best experience I can ever imagine"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with many companies in the past, not only as an employee but also as management consult. C3 IoT is by far the best I can ever imagine. Here is a list of reason why I come to work happily everyday:
    - Legendary founder/CEO Tom Siebel with great vision for the company: He has over 40yrs of experience in Information Technology and has founded Siebel system and led it through tremendous growth and IPO. He knows how to lead a company through various phases as a startup and eventually a public company. A billionaire who has earned more than enough to retire years ago, Tom has put his personal wealth and continuous hard work to this 8 year old company with his passion to again create something revolutionary. He also brought in many experienced leaders and advisors to the business.
    - Experienced high performing leadership: Many of the top leaders are experienced ex-Oracle/Siebel System veterans and ex-McKinsey consultants. They are down to earth, practical and exceptionally intelligent with great executions.
    - Talented young engineers & data scientist: C3 has a lot of young talented engineers and data scientists (with PhD degrees) from top universities not only in U.S. but around the globe
    - A unique product with tremendous value proposition: C3 IoT offers a next generation machine learning/AI software platform for the enterprise. This is a unique new category that C3 basically has no competitors in. The business value provided to the large enterprises by having the capability to predict the equipment failure, optimize inventory and detect fraud (and many more) is significant beyond the cost of the software application/platform
    - Silicon Valley culture: With the Silicon Valley genes, C3 IoT encourages continuous learning. Employees will be rewarded after completing Machine Learning/Deep Learning coursera classes. Reading of books in the field of ML/AI is also encouraged.
    - Refreshing office environment: The first time I stepped into the C3 office for interview, I immediately fell in love with the vast space and oxygen tank type of workpod space surrounded by plants. High quality lunch and snacks/beverages are provided. Beanbags/couches scattered around the office. Pingpong and pool table available. Friday happy hour with pizza, beer and wine.

In summary, C3 IoT has a rare combination for a startup/pre-IPO company of visionary leader, experienced leadership and talented young engineers. It also has the culture and office environment you will love to be immersed in.

I am indeed proud of being part of this fast growing company. The company and people around me, constitutes more than 70% of my happiness in life now :)

Cons

C3 IoT has a high performing culture with transparency. High performance is rewarded but below the bar behavior is not tolerated.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead with vision and superior execution. And attract high caliber talent to our great company.

2. "Fantastic job and company!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Truly outstanding people to work with
    - There is always something to be working on and you will never be bored
    - Excellent place to work, very collaborative, and office culture is great
    - Breakfast and lunch every day is amazing

Cons

-There are no cons

"Run away"

I worked at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

Free food and onsite gym

Cons

Horrible place to work. Vast majority of employees are miserable but stick around because of golden handcuffs. Forget about making your own decisions over your work, everyone runs around with a pathological fear of upsetting the CEO and just says yes to each of his demands. To repeat another review, the people who are smart move on after a year. Other warnings: 0 ability to work from home, down to having to take a half day of PTO to go to the doctor. Wondering why all of these Glassdoor reviews are so good? Because the marketing team used to hand out gift cards to people who wrote reviews. If "great food" is the only thing people can think to write about a company, you know there scrapping the bottom of the barrel for things to write - this is the Bay Area, every company has great food.

"Dream job"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Data Scientists at C3 solve challenging problems for our customers to demonstrate the capability of our AI/IoT software platform. Our customers are typically industrial organizations, which rely on our software and data science expertise to develop and deploy intelligent applications.
    - Unlike at other companies where data science is used to improve the product (optimization, A/B testing, etc.), at C3, data science is part of the core product. My work matters and shapes the product directly.
    - As a Data Scientist, my work is a mix of quantitative problem solving and consulting. It's not enough to derive insights and train models; we have to explain those insights to the customer and deploy our models on live, predictive applications to meet their needs. I work with a team of product managers and forward deployed engineers to achieve this.
    - Being a new grad, it's exciting to be tasked with tough, real-world problems. I use what I learned in my Stats and CS classes and find myself learning more about the field every day. Working at C3 is an great learning experience.
    - The data science team is filled with exceptional talent, with PhDs and Masters in diverse technical fields. It's a thrill to work with and learn from my teammates.
    - Despite having such lofty academic/industry backgrounds, people here carry a sense of humility and treat others with respect and compassion.
    - Working on projects, you get to travel to interesting places around the world to visit the customer.
    - Perks and fun: daily breakfast and lunch, onsite gym with pool, beautiful Redwood City HQ, weekly badminton/soccer pickup games, bonuses for completing courses on Coursera, stock options.

Cons

Certain processes (like employee training/onboarding) haven't been perfected yet, but the team is working hard to fill these gaps.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging and incentivizing employees for professional development/self-learning. Consider collaborations with academia to achieve this.

"Solving the most challenging problems in industry"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

C3 IoT provides a platform for large industrial enterprises in many different sectors. We get to work on interesting problems that makes an impact. I've been at C3 for almost a year and I couldn't be happier about my experience.
    - The opportunity to work on the most interesting problem in industry. C3 IoT engages with clients in a wide-range of sectors from energy management to manufacture. Projects are fast-paced so you learn a lot in a short period of time .
    - Data science work has a client facing component. You get to work closely with the client's domain experts and have the opportunity to travel.
    - The data scientist in the team are exceptionally smart and highly collaborative.
    - There is a very strong culture for self-betterment. C3 provides employee incentives for completing Coursera courses
    - Lunch is provided and it is amazing!

Cons

Not really a con, but do be prepared to work hard. The most challenging problems are also the most demanding.

Advice to Management

Maintain the awesome culture and keep hiring.

"data scientist"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

get to wear a lot of hats

7. "The real deal!"

Current Employee - Senior, Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior, Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- An amazing culture
    - Smart people
    - Focus on excellence
     - a fast-growing product in the right place at the right time.

Cons

- Food is so good....I have to watch my weight!

Advice to Management

Love the focus and execution of our strategy.

"Six years in, still loving it!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

- Our culture has only gotten better with growth
    - Lots of exciting projects coming down the pipeline as the IoT & AI space becomes increasingly popular

Cons

- Expectation is very high

"My experience at C3 IoT"

Pros

-You really feel like you are making an impact on the company and have a purposeful role from the moment you arrive. There is nothing worse than having to sit bored in an office for 8 to 9 hours a day doing meaningless work. Everyday at C3 is filled with a new task, a new goal, and other things to put your time and energy into in a way that everyone else at the company will appreciate.
    -The food is amazing. There is a saying around the company known as the "The C3 30", because everyone jokes that you gain 30 pounds when you come to work for C3 because the food is just that good.
    - The people here are really nice and friendly. My first couple of weeks, if I didn't know someone, they would immediately introduce themselves and start up a conversation with me. It helps that everyone eats lunch at the same time in the same place because you get to meet new people and get integrated into the company faster. There are also a lot of events (themed happy hours, escape the room, etc) that help people to bond and get to know one another. Everyone who works here are friends, and they all want to welcome you into their community.

Cons

People work really hard and they work a lot. But I think this is only because people really do enjoy what they are doing and are excited for the future of this company.

"A positive culture of supported self-learning"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I have appreciated most about C3 IoT is the emphasis on self-learning. The company gives me the tools to learn cutting edge software development and data science techniques. Additionally, my colleagues are more than willing to lend a helping hand as I'm learning a new topic. We view this investment in self-learning as valuable not only for our employees but also for our customers.

Cons

I do not have a true "con". This culture of self-learning does require that one takes initiative to invest in oneself, but I do not view that as a con at all.