C3 IoT Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
C3 IoT CEO Thomas M. Siebel
Thomas M. Siebel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • C3 IoT is a high pace work environment, there is never a dull moment (in 12 reviews)

• The direction you get from Tom Siebel is absolutely clear - the processes are very light and it is fast paced (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There's no work from home policy (in 14 reviews)

• There's definitely a lack of work/life balance if you're motivated; especially with no work from home policy (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Get inspired, make a difference, love what you do"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

C3 IoT is without a doubt the #1 best place to work. I get to work with the smartest people, innovate with the latest AI and deep learning techniques, and use software to solve hard problems for smart, accomplished customers.

Work-life balance is completely in your control which is a huge plus - people work hard here because they love what they do.

You have to be ready and willing to step up, to contribute every day, and stay at the top of your game to hang at this place - people here are flat out impressive, starting with the CEO.

If you're a superstar and ready for a life-changing opportunity, get a job here.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at C3 IoT.

Advice to Management

You lead by example every day and inspire excellence in everything we know - keep doing what you're doing

2. "Inspiring Work Environment at the Forefront of Innovation with Fantastic People"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

You will be surrounded by some of the smartest people in the tech world. Truly inspiring to be learn and grow in this environment. Down-to earth and friendly culture with a strong focus on creating meaningful products, with a relentless focus on innovation. If you are up for a challenge and want to work at the forefront of IoT, machine learning and big data with amazing people, this is the place for you!

Cons

None that I can think of!

3. "great company"

Current Employee - Services in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, engaged, talented people; great market opportunity; amazing product; cool customers doing very cool stuff with our product.

This is a company at the right place at the right time with the right product mix. It is great to work with professionals who are very good at what they do.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "A winner in every respect"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at C3 IoT part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to work for a number of companies in my corporate and post-corporate career and C3 IoT leads the pack. They have exceptional technology and business skills and an employee focused culture.
    - Deep, experienced management team
    - Work with incredibly talented people
    - Leading edge AI and data science
    - Strong focus on quality of the product and customer success

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

5. "Once in a lifetime experience"

Former Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I worked at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Tom Siebel is a legendary operator. He's the main reason I joined. He's a charismatic leader; as sharp as they come.

+ Great Executive Team - Ed Abbo, Houman Behzadi, Jessica Reiter, Julien Groues - the best leaders I've ever worked with. There's solid team effort to execute on the vision.

+ Huge Opportunity - having solved some of the largest deployed IIoT problems in Energy (Full Spectrum Smart Grid Analytics) everything else seems like child's play. The market is theirs for the taking.

+ Obsessive focus on Customer Success - you get to build quality products that move the needle. The solutions you work on save companies hundreds of millions of dollars.

+ World-class talent - incredible ML and AI talent. Some of the brightest minds in these fields work at C3. Louis and Henrik are some of the most solid people I've ever worked with.

Cons

- There's a clear separation between what happens at work and what happens outside of work.

6. "Exciting Company with Top Tier Human Capital and Proven Product"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been fortunate to be a part of the executive team of C3 IoT for more than 5 years working directly for the CEO.
    A few highlights:
    • C3 IoT has a high quality, tested product that is driving digital transformation at the largest companies globally at production scale
    • We recruit, retain and grow the best of the best in human capital. The number of PhD's, MBA's and degrees from top tier schools in second to none and enables us to continue to hire industry experts in Machine Learning and AI
    • Our senior executive team has years of proven success that continues to dominate and seize the market opportunity working with the top companies
    • Our CEO and industry icon, Tom Siebel, is critically involved in creating and shaping the IoT market and is again being recognized as the top thought leader in this space
    • We work hard but we play hard – we enjoy working together in a collaborative manner and plan things like team building events, company camping trips, happy hours and hackathons
    • Our commitment to customer excellence is important to us and verified by our slew of satisfied customers as noted in our website testimonials

Cons

There are no cons to working at C3 IoT.

Advice to Management

Keep building a great company - it is an opportunity of a lifetime to work at C3 IoT!

7. "I'm less than a year in, but so far so good. Makes me wonder why I didn't join this place sooner."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Folks are friendly, and you are constantly surrounded by smart and capable individuals. There is a snowball effect in that everyone makes you feel part of the overall team and in turn increases self-motivation to do better. I would give C3 5 stars, however I don't feel I've been here long enough to warrant that rating (minimum 1 year IMO), but so far I've been impressed.

Cons

Noone works from home. This may not necessarily be a con, but it does make you a part of the bay area traffic.

Advice to Management

Keep attracting good candidates. Overall I'm impressed with all the folks I've met so far, and have yet to figuratively roll my eyes on anyone.

"C3 IoT Review - A Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time

Pros

There are many reasons to work at C3 IoT but here are the three best reasons. First, the people are incredibly passionate, highly technical, and extraordinarily sophisticated, making working with them fun and challenging at the same time...you work with the best to become the best. Second, the C3 IoT technology is amazing it's a hybrid of big data, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and IoT. These vectors are a hot top and are affecting every industry on the planet. Third, C3 IoT is in a great space and working there will allow you the ability to have an impact by solving problems that have never been solved before at a scale never seen before. This is the most exhilarating aspect of the organization!

Cons

The organization is fairly technical and the on boarding takes time to get comfortable to learn the technical content and get over the significant learning curve...but it is worth it!

Advice to Management

The management has been working hard to streamline the on boarding process. Artificial Intelligence is not easy and it requires significant effort to understand and apply. As the company continues to grow more emphasis will be needed to simplify the on boarding process.

"C3 IoT"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

C3 IoT has the most genuine, intelligent, easy going, collaborative, supportive, and talented people that I have the pleasure of working with. C3 IoT is going to have a significant impact on our society and paving the way for the future of the internet and how our world will function off it. C3 IoT is in unbelievably good hands with the track record of our CEO along the with each employee that he has taken the time to interview before walking through these doors daily. There is a major support system here for career, and personal growth. The energy and culture of the workplace is reflective of the people who are here who have been evidently carefully hand selected - not just based off top tier talent, but quality, capable people; things that can't be taught. C3 IoT is a melting pot of talent incorporating people from different backgrounds from all over the globe. The benefits and compensation are highly competitive. It is down right fun and inspiring to come here everyday, knowing you are having an impact on our future no matter what your title is.

Cons

I truly cannot think of one con. I am thankful every day for the opportunity to work at C3 IoT, and I know I speak for others as well.

Advice to Management

None. All the managers are understanding, supportive, and here to not only teach you, but learn from you as well.

10. "Senior Director"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great perks...free breakfast, lunch, and gym membership. The opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the world. We are solving real world problems in weeks that much bigger companies haven't been able to solve in years. The company is in a rapid growth mode which makes for massive career growth.

Cons

The expectations are very high so you need to bring your "A" game if you want to succeed here.