C3 IoT Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The management team is very knowledgable and has a clear vision on the big picture" (in 14 reviews)

• "Many very smart people - inspiring place to work" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work from home policy, but this was made clear during the interview process" (in 17 reviews)

• "There's definitely a lack of work/life balance if you're motivated; especially with no work from home policy" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best experience I can ever imagine"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Forward Deployed Solutions Leader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with many companies in the past, not only as an employee but also as management consult. C3 IoT is by far the best I can ever imagine. Here is a list of reason why I come to work happily everyday:
    - Legendary founder/CEO Tom Siebel with great vision for the company: He has over 40yrs of experience in Information Technology and has founded Siebel system and led it through tremendous growth and IPO. He knows how to lead a company through various phases as a startup and eventually a public company. A billionaire who has earned more than enough to retire years ago, Tom has put his personal wealth and continuous hard work to this 8 year old company with his passion to again create something revolutionary. He also brought in many experienced leaders and advisors to the business.
    - Experienced high performing leadership: Many of the top leaders are experienced ex-Oracle/Siebel System veterans and ex-McKinsey consultants. They are down to earth, practical and exceptionally intelligent with great executions.
    - Talented young engineers & data scientist: C3 has a lot of young talented engineers and data scientists (with PhD degrees) from top universities not only in U.S. but around the globe
    - A unique product with tremendous value proposition: C3 IoT offers a next generation machine learning/AI software platform for the enterprise. This is a unique new category that C3 basically has no competitors in. The business value provided to the large enterprises by having the capability to predict the equipment failure, optimize inventory and detect fraud (and many more) is significant beyond the cost of the software application/platform
    - Silicon Valley culture: With the Silicon Valley genes, C3 IoT encourages continuous learning. Employees will be rewarded after completing Machine Learning/Deep Learning coursera classes. Reading of books in the field of ML/AI is also encouraged.
    - Refreshing office environment: The first time I stepped into the C3 office for interview, I immediately fell in love with the vast space and oxygen tank type of workpod space surrounded by plants. High quality lunch and snacks/beverages are provided. Beanbags/couches scattered around the office. Pingpong and pool table available. Friday happy hour with pizza, beer and wine.

In summary, C3 IoT has a rare combination for a startup/pre-IPO company of visionary leader, experienced leadership and talented young engineers. It also has the culture and office environment you will love to be immersed in.

I am indeed proud of being part of this fast growing company. The company and people around me, constitutes more than 70% of my happiness in life now :)

Cons

C3 IoT has a high performing culture with transparency. High performance is rewarded but below the bar behavior is not tolerated.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead with vision and superior execution. And attract high caliber talent to our great company.

2. "The Professional Experience of a Lifetime"

Current Employee - Executive Management in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Management in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an executive at C3 IoT for some years. The best part of the job is the ability to interact daily with highly educated, highly trained, highly motivated professionals working together as a tightly integrated team to solve daunting technical problems of great social and economic impact.

Cons

There are no cons. If you like to work; if you like to learn; if you are invigorated by challenging problems, if you like to work together in seft-aggregating teams; if you think of yourself as a professional and act according;ly; then C3 IoT is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example.

3. "4 years and still loving it"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customer success stories are energizing. The technology is interesting and the problems we're addressing/solving with it are challenging, complex, and valuable. The C3 IoT team is stacked with A-players; it's humbling to be surrounded by a group of smart, hard working, and positive people. The culture is collaborative. The leadership team listens to feedback -- they don't always agree with the feedback, but they are quick to adjust when things aren't working or going wrong. I'm 4 years in and love it -- I've been through the ups and downs and think the future is very bright.

Cons

You really need to love what you're doing at C3 IoT. While the culture is collaborative, it's also demanding. If you don't like pushing yourself and you're not up for a challenge, C3 IoT may not be the place for you. The training and onboarding process has room for improvement (we’ve made some progress recently). Although the technology is mature, the company is still scaling...so that can be a shock if you're used to working in larger organizations.

Advice to Management

Keep the org structure flat, keep hiring great people...overall just keep doing what you're doing!

4. "Happy to be part of a fast-pace and dedicated engineering team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working with my team – it’s that easy! Everyone works very hard, loves software engineering, and is proud of what we are accomplishing as a company. Each day presents new opportunities to work in a very collaborative environment and tackle interesting challenges. My manager enables me to simply get things done and I feel fully responsible and accountable for my work. It has been mentioned many times before by others, but the office and campus are truly outstanding and the perks here are very competitive especially for people who value equity in a fast-growing company.

Cons

The company is growing fast, we are likely to encounter some growing pains in the future.

5. "Exceptional Company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Truly outstanding people addressing a very compelling market opportunity.

Cons

It is a demanding environment. But that is what any great company requires.

6. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. I just love it!

Working with Tom Siebel is a privilege. He is one of the smartest guys I have ever met, and one of the most effective CEOs I have worked for. He also has a great personality and great leadership skills. In addition, every employee at C3IoT is super smart, engaged, and highly motivated to succeed.

The office environment, culture, and benefits are among the best in Silicon Valley. Beautiful open office space, professionally decorated, tons of windows with great views, and super modern architecture. It is such a joy to come to work every day.

Your typical day starts with a full breakfast that is provided, while you chat with your colleagues. You then work on the most fascinating topics in your field. Later on, you enjoy the free gourmet lunch with your colleagues (like Sushi Wednesdays), and snacks throughout the day. And on Fridays? Happy hour with pizza and drinks. Can you top that?

Don't get me wrong, we work hard at C3IoT. But the difference here is that everyone works hard and is focused and fully engaged. And it feels great to do so. Why? Because you feel that you're not wasting your time - you are building something great. A great company. A game changer. Everyone feels that way. It's what behavioral scientists refer to as the "Ikea Effect".

Consider the IKEA bookshelf. Assembling it requires time, and effort. But when it's finished... boy, do you love that bookshelf!

This phenomenon, of building something and then adoring it, is what behavioral scientists call the "IKEA effect" — and it applies well beyond the scope of Swedish furniture. There's nothing better than being part of a company where no matter what your role is (Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources) you feel great at the end of every day because you are helping build something amazing.

And if this wasn't enough, the business case and business growth of this company is as solid as it gets. Well funded, amazing growth, and years ahead of anyone else in the space. A total leader in one of the fastest (if not the fastest) growing spaces in technology today.

Come join us - you won't regret it!

Cons

None - this company is amazing. Simply one in a million.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing exactly what you're doing. You're doing great!

7. "Awesome Company!"

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, hard working & professional employees. Great product and huge market opportunity.

Cons

Hard work, but worth it

Advice to Management

It's a complex market. Thank you for investing in training & education.

8. "Great learning experience from impressive colleagues"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rapid business growth has ensured that employees greater levels of responsibility and autonomy for each member of the team. Colleagues have been friendly and helpful all along. I'm really happy I joined this place.

Cons

While this is personally not a con for me, the level of responsibility given to you can mean an intense pace of work.... so one needs to make a critical decision whether they are ready for this.

Advice to Management

None advice, just keep up the pace of growth.

"It's awesome. And I love it."

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What if the company you worked for was growing really fast? And the work was challenging, stimulating and exciting?

What if you got to work with incredibly smart, talented, driven, and innovative people?

What if you could be part of building something truly valuable? That helped customers solve previously unsolvable problems? That could revolutionize all sorts of industries, healthcare, and the government?

What if you jumped out of bed in the morning excited to start your day, with your brain whirring about ideas and projects?

What if the new office coffee-cappuccino-latte-espresso-hot-water machines were just. simply. the. rockin. Best? And Friday evening happy hour was actually happy?

What if your teammates were warm, funny, curious, and collaborative? And sat right there, so you could just turn around and quickly get stuff done?

What if you got to work with one of the legends of Silicon Valley as your CEO?

What if your calendar wasn't packed with meetings because everyone is in the office every day, so you know where to find them? And (free) lunch is together with your co-workers so you build strong relationships.

What if you and your peers had extremely high standards for the work you do, the interactions you have with customers, prospects and partners, and the people you hire?

Then you'd better join C3 IoT. Because all of the above is true. I love it. And it's awesome.

Cons

What if you want to clock in at 9 and clock out at 5? Do not think about joining this company.

What about the free food that cause your waistband to get a bit tight? Get up early and exercise. Maybe at the on-site gym.

10. "Challenging, Fun, Exciting, World-changing"

Current Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 IoT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Surround yourself with colleagues that are each at the best of their game
    * Work on the most important, never solved before problems facing Fortune 500 Enterprises.
    * Join a company that is truly a leader in a fast-growing, emerging space to support CEO-driven Digital transformations
    * Learn from some of the masters in the Enterprise IT space
    * Embody passion for our customers, rigor, rapid execution, intellectual curiosity, and professionalism

Cons

* None outright - I've had a blast

Advice to Management

* Keep going - we've got lots more to do