C3 Reviews | Glassdoor

C3 Reviews

Updated October 28, 2018

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The management team incentivizes employees to take Coursera courses to improve their skills" (in 15 reviews)

• "Many very smart people - inspiring place to work" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work from home policy, but this was made clear during the interview process" (in 17 reviews)

• "pay is relatively low compared to similar roles at other companies, horrible work/life balance" (in 14 reviews)

1. "A great place where you can have big impact"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A+ team; A+ workspace;

C3 is the place where you could work closely with great colleagues to create products and applications that have profound impact on society.

Cons

Priorities get changed quickly.

2. "If you love challenges, C3 is right for you!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We work on challenging problems across a wide range of industries. Looking back at my tenure at C3, my favorite moments are white board sessions with colleagues from cross-functional teams. Bringing insights from different backgrounds and finding the right solutions requires team work and dedication, but the feeling you get when it comes together is hard to beat!

The office is filled with curious people with a wide variety of interests, I learn something new every day during the shared lunches in the kitchen.

The management team incentivizes employees to take Coursera courses to improve their skills.

Cons

The work can be hard and the deadlines short, but if you like what you do, it's worth it!

Advice to Management

Continue to share company news through newsletters and company updates. This becomes more and more important as we scale and try to stay focused as one team!

3. "Ingredients for Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative workplace, experienced leadership, highly intellectual and skilled coworkers, a proven product and enormous market opportunity makes C3 the most exciting place I have worked in my career.

Cons

Current growth rate can be challenging

4. "Incredible experience"

Pros

Amazing mentorship, strong learning environment, very friendly group, and a unique blend of tech and business that gives employees the best of both worlds.

Cons

None - keep doing what you're doing.

"Engineering the future!"

I have been working at C3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently joined C3 and I feel that there are a number of things C3 IoT is doing right to promote positive values in the organization. C3 IoT has created a very enabling work culture where engineering teams and individuals are given the right tools to succeed. It is a startup tackling some of the most interesting problems. I enjoy the innovative aspects of my work which stem from the company business model. The overall engineering culture is very positive and the company operates in a culture of close cooperation between different stakeholders and I get to work closely with my partners across teams to understand requirements, concerns and solution approaches proactively. I feel that I am a partner in the success of the company every day. The sense of accomplishment is one of the amazing things I get to enjoy every day.

Cons

No noticeable cons to report

6. "Fantastic job and company!!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Truly outstanding people to work with
    - There is always something to be working on and you will never be bored
    - Excellent place to work, very collaborative, and office culture is great
    - Breakfast and lunch every day is amazing

Cons

-There are no cons

"Dream job"

I have been working at C3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Data Scientists at C3 solve challenging problems for our customers to demonstrate the capability of our AI/IoT software platform. Our customers are typically industrial organizations, which rely on our software and data science expertise to develop and deploy intelligent applications.
    - Unlike at other companies where data science is used to improve the product (optimization, A/B testing, etc.), at C3, data science is part of the core product. My work matters and shapes the product directly.
    - As a Data Scientist, my work is a mix of quantitative problem solving and consulting. It's not enough to derive insights and train models; we have to explain those insights to the customer and deploy our models on live, predictive applications to meet their needs. I work with a team of product managers and forward deployed engineers to achieve this.
    - Being a new grad, it's exciting to be tasked with tough, real-world problems. I use what I learned in my Stats and CS classes and find myself learning more about the field every day. Working at C3 is an great learning experience.
    - The data science team is filled with exceptional talent, with PhDs and Masters in diverse technical fields. It's a thrill to work with and learn from my teammates.
    - Despite having such lofty academic/industry backgrounds, people here carry a sense of humility and treat others with respect and compassion.
    - Working on projects, you get to travel to interesting places around the world to visit the customer.
    - Perks and fun: daily breakfast and lunch, onsite gym with pool, beautiful Redwood City HQ, weekly badminton/soccer pickup games, bonuses for completing courses on Coursera, stock options.

Cons

Certain processes (like employee training/onboarding) haven't been perfected yet, but the team is working hard to fill these gaps.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging and incentivizing employees for professional development/self-learning. Consider collaborations with academia to achieve this.

"data scientist"

I have been working at C3 full-time

Pros

get to wear a lot of hats

Cons

"Solving the most challenging problems in industry"

I have been working at C3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

C3 IoT provides a platform for large industrial enterprises in many different sectors. We get to work on interesting problems that makes an impact. I've been at C3 for almost a year and I couldn't be happier about my experience.
    - The opportunity to work on the most interesting problem in industry. C3 IoT engages with clients in a wide-range of sectors from energy management to manufacture. Projects are fast-paced so you learn a lot in a short period of time .
    - Data science work has a client facing component. You get to work closely with the client's domain experts and have the opportunity to travel.
    - The data scientist in the team are exceptionally smart and highly collaborative.
    - There is a very strong culture for self-betterment. C3 provides employee incentives for completing Coursera courses
    - Lunch is provided and it is amazing!

Cons

Not really a con, but do be prepared to work hard. The most challenging problems are also the most demanding.

Advice to Management

Maintain the awesome culture and keep hiring.

"The real deal!"

Current Employee - Senior, Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior, Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at C3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- An amazing culture
    - Smart people
    - Focus on excellence
     - a fast-growing product in the right place at the right time.

Cons

- Food is so good....I have to watch my weight!

Advice to Management

Love the focus and execution of our strategy.