CACI International Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Very supportive of work life balance (in 34 reviews)

• CACI gives competitive salaries and good benefits (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication to employees at customer sites could be better - both from corporate and from upper management (in 18 reviews)

• Work ends when contract ends unless you find another position before your (in 16 reviews)

1. "Being at CACI"

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CACI really looks out for their employees. Upper level management are wonderful to work with. Being worldwide, experiences could change from place to place, but my experience has been amazing.

Cons

Insurance options are not the best. I really can not think of any other cons.

2. "If looking for flexibilty...background investigator is a good path"

Pros

- Flexibility in schedule. You create your appointments based on your schedule. This is by far the biggest pro.
    - Work independently. Supervisor does not bother you as long as you're meeting your production requirements

Cons

- Pressure to meet production numbers can create sacrifice in quality of reports.
    - Time crunch: Company implemented a 21 day rule to have the case work completed and transmitted. Investigators were told certain factors such as leave or case suspensions are considered for the due date, but dates never adjusted.
    - Wear and tear on your personal vehicle. Would be beneficial if CACI had a fleet car program.

Advice to Management

Do not go down the same road as USIS and sacrifice quality over quantity. I chose CACI over other competitors because the focus was on quality and not over emphasis on quantity of reports. From my observation, the mindset has shifted. I'm sure it's business minded decisions but don' sacrifice the reputation of the company.

3. "HR Manager"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent co-workers and great clients

Cons

I cannot think of anything except more time off.

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing keep going.

5. "Client Side"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Comprehensive fringe benefits (PTO, Sick time, 401K, vision, health, dental, various corporate discounts)
    -Great culture, great people
    -Potential for telework based on contract
    -Employee mobility board
    -Employee placement program (for having fallbacks for CACI employees whose contracts may be up for recompete)
    -95% recompete win rate

Cons

For me personally, I didn't like the way my manager ran things. I felt very micromanaged, but our coordinating team wasn't micromanaged at all. I prefer a mature environment where I don't feel like my boss is constantly breathing down my neck. I get my work done quickly and efficiently, and he still has room to complain about things. I have a CACI laptop but he doesn't let me telework. He doesn't have any management experience, and yet he is in a managerial position. My work-life balance is basically non-existent and I am beginning to resent coming to work because he always asks me to do things after hours or whatnot. He will also have tasks for me to do, then takes the credit for the work I've done, which infuriates me. I am also well underpaid for my skillset/what I could be making, and everytime I ask for a raise my manager shuts it down. I only ask for a raise when I think I deserve one.

Note that the review of my manager's management style reflects on him, not on the company. CACI is an amazing company to work for.

Advice to Management

Require that team leads and managers absolutely MUST HAVE prior management experience, taken leadership courses, or taking IO Psychology courses. (Or a mix)

"Background Investigations"

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Work from home. Make own schedule. Meet great people. My manager is beyond awesome. I've waited for 20+ years to have a manager that cares, fights for what is right, is there for help 24/7, and is on top of things. Great team. I love my job.

Cons

Insurance is quite high, but it's across
    the board regardless of company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. From what I read
    about other investigation companies, I am fortunate to work for such a great company. Thank you!

"Background Investigator"

Former Employee - Background Investigator II
    Former Employee - Background Investigator II

I worked at CACI International part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full support from management and supervisors. OPM background investigations is a challenging field where a self-starter can manage their own schedules and hours. Right candidates can progress up the ladder for their area's potential. Meeting new and interesting individuals on a daily basis while protecting our national security. In most cases, any travel past a half hour or hour per day does not count against weekly production goals. Great job for a new college graduate or retiree.

Cons

Working from home requires someone who is self motivator. Despite working from home travel via private vehicle, milage paid compensated by CACI, is required. Continuous changes in federal government policies and mandates on investigations. Training could improve. Once receiving initial training the follow on yearly training is minimal and does not meet major changes in Federal changes. Night or weekend hours required. This is not a dayshift job or normal hour job. This is not a job that will pay well depending your area.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your investigators. Good job! I was a proud member of the team. However, start paying more. Salary does not meet the demand nor the importance of the position.

8. "Good, Large Company"

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst

I have been working at CACI International (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good people, professional atmosphere. Excellent contract employee reassignment program

Cons

large company, can feel like you get lost in the numbers

9. "GRAPHIC DESIGNER"

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company!!! Very supportive of work life balance. Your hard work is valued and noticed and you’re awarded for your efforts!!!

Cons

There’s a little detachment from the Company if you’re working off-site and at a Government location. This is not a huge Con but it’s to be expected when working at a distance from a CACI location.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Great work environment."

Current Employee - Telecommunications Analyst II in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Analyst II in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent direct managers. Over all program managers dont really communicate with lower level employees, but all direct supervisors seems to put employees first.

Cons

Do not really have any cons at this time. All around very satisfied with work environment, co workers and managers.

"CACI Is Positive"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Diego, CA

Pros

They are very helpful and easy to get along with.
    Good job security, employees are treated well and with respect, reasonable work balance

Cons

A more flexible schedule. The ability to make up time if you need to schedule time off.

Advice to Management

Encourage innovation, try to change the old company feel, inprove growth potential