CACI International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Kenneth Asbury

1,194 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Outstanding leadership work life balance my two managers were the best I ever work with" (in 53 reviews)

• "Ease to work from home and make your own schedule" (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are a lot of inflated salaries in upper management" (in 24 reviews)

• "There were no cons with this position" (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great people working hard"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Great people working hard behind the scenes to ensure the business side is running as smoothly as possible. They took care of the folks on the ground and very supportive.

Cons

Was part of the restructuring with purchase of company, and the transition (like most) was difficult. But, CACI did do quite a bit to ensure personnel were taken care of on the ground even while most of the previous company's upper management was laid off immediately.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, too many lanes for support cause more work for people on the ground. Stream line the processes to make them easier versus having to go through 5 to get to 1.

"A great company"

Current Employee - Senior Public Affairs Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Public Affairs Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They communicate well with a diverse, dispersed, work force and offer various corporate training programs.

Cons

Government contracting is a series of 5 year, on average, jobs with compensation based on what the US Congress has decided the government will pay.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

3. "Program Control Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst Program in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst Program in Reston, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, Great understanding team, and have a WFH schedule in my group.

Cons

Wished there were cups and utensils provided for lunch, and K-cups for their machines.

4. "Good company but with cons typical of a contractor"

Former Employee - Paralegal Contractor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Paralegal Contractor in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding company culture. CACI knows how important its reputation is and expects integrity from all of its employees.
    Access to job network for former employees suggests that CACI wants employees to return even if they change positions or lines of work over time.
    Benefits were good.

Cons

Despite CACI’s claims to want to help further their employees’ careers, advancement or on the job training outside of what we needed for our current position was practically nonexistent.
    While our manager trusted us to work hard and do a thorough job, we had little connection with her - I think I saw her once a month on average (in passing) while I worked for CACI.

5. "NICE PLACE TO WORK BUT YOUR ARE ON YOUR OWN FOR GROWTH"

Current Employee - Architect in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Architect in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work environment. good pay

Cons

Growth might be issue. need to have proper management

6. "HR Administrator"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Some good people still within the company

Cons

HR jobs are a dead-end. There is no chance of mobility. You'll have to move out of the HR department to move. To gain the experience, you'll have to do that on your own. There is very little in the budget for outside training. No bonuses offered. Inflexible regarding working location.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the career development opportunities. Offer more flexibility for remote work.

7. "Learning Management Specialist"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Excellent HR, excellent management, great benefits, one of the best tuition reimbursement policies in the business

Cons

Very tight with money (i.e. bonuses), get lost with employees on remote contracts

Advice to Management

Executive level needs to do a better job taking care of employees at lower levels.

"Satellite Communications Engineer"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, internal opportunities to work on a variety of projects if your manager supports it.

Cons

Large company. as soon as you go off contract you are out the door. They will say you are supposed to have a quality of life balance but in practice they do nothing but try to work you to death

Advice to Management

teach your mid-level managers that people are not disposable.

9. "Background Investigator"

Former Employee - Background Investigator
    Former Employee - Background Investigator

I worked at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great for a starter job our of college, many of the CACI staff, trainers, and fellow investigators were professional, kind human beings

Cons

When I applied and when I wrote this review, the CACI website shows in their landing page that background investigator jobs are for those looking for "work/life balance" and "flexible hours" - It was also touted this way on in the description where you apply for the job. I asked about how this works in the job interview and during training. I was told that you can work 12 hours one day and then 6 hours the next if you wish, just get your 40 hours in each week and get the job done. From what I hear from other investigators, this is true, except if you live in California. In order to comply with California's rules of treating hourly workers fairly as far as breaks and compensating for overtime, you have to work 8 hour days with little flexibility. To actually complete the intense workload of cases they give, I would have had to basically lie on my timecard to comply with the impossible combination of other people's availability for interviews, the strict California laws, and CACI's emphasis on hitting your "numbers" or metrics for quantity and quality. In any other state, the hours appear to be truly flexible, but the workload is still not in line with the pay. I left because I refused to be placed in that impossible situation and live in fear of any leg of that precarious stool from falling out from under me.

The computer/technology provided for the job is quite antiquated. IT issues plagued training and also cause lost hours of productive time.

Advice to Management

Why do background investigators have to be hourly workers? Why is the culture so metrics oriented and not focused on national security? Invest in your investigators because if they are really the first line of defense as mentioned on the first day of training, then they should be treated with more respect and not as a cog in the machine. Also update the computer systems and unify them into one instead of using so many different vendors.

10. "Background Investigator"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

They USED to be small and people oriented. With tough review but no unreasonable expectations.

Working from home,

Cons

Managers run you into the ground, metrics get pushed everyday, you become a number and if you think you'll get moved up look elsewhere. Managers make comments such as.. it really helped our team when such and such quit their stats weren't that good anyhow.
    The work/life balance
    Forget real life actually being taken into account. - kids you'd better kick them to the curb because your metrics come first. Relative dies, to your face they feel bad for you. A week or so later, what do you mean your not going to make your stats..what's your excuse and send it in an email for my records.

Showing 1,194 of 1,296 reviews