CACI International Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Kenneth Asbury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Then your manager rates you, and then it goes up to upper management for "calibration (in 18 reviews)

• Work ends when contract ends unless you find another position before your (in 16 reviews)

1. "Toxic and Hostile Environment, Not Worth Pay Nor Well-Being"

Former Contractor - Paralegal in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Paralegal in Houston, TX

I worked at CACI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Able to learn a lot from the wonderful attorneys in the office and gain insight to how the cases are developed. You also learn to always watch your back and be weary of others. There are a few who will help.

Cons

The work environment is terrible in Houston. The coworker is hostile and vindictive. The coworker will always push their work on to you and will claim thay you are unhelpful and lazy if you even explain that you are too busy to help them. Not only that, but the coworker will misguide you and/or belittle you if you ask any questions.

The supervising attorney is a narcissistic and vindictive supervisor who does not care for the well-being of the team. 8 hour work days are viewed as being lazy and the supervisor will attempt to find a way to make you stay back.

Advice to Management

Weed out the people causing the issues because you'll only drive out the best workers. Not only that, but previous experience illustrates that the reality of the culture is different from the advertised culture. Also, the supervisor needs to be better at checking in with others and investigating any issues on their own instead of blindly listening to the client.

"Background Investigator 1"

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home and make your own hours. CACI as a company is great. You can expense the miles you put on your car.

Cons

The job is super stressful, and has sales-like metrics that are nearly impossible to hit. The people are disinterested in you are why you are trying to take time out of their day. Half of your job is cold calling people like a telemarketer. The pay is not high enough for how much work you have to do. Also, if you hate the job you can't quit for a year unless you want to pay back whatever the security clearance and training costs are.

Advice to Management

Please give an accurate description of the position before allowing people to accept it and get sealed into a year long contract for this position.

"Special Investigator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home. I need to write 20 more words. This is the story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down.

Cons

Micro managing. Loss of bonus. Corporate seems to actively work AGAINST you. No trust for those doing their job. If her ups care more about granting every customer wish than their own employees. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Grow balls.

4. "Logistics Analyst"

Current Employee - Logistic Analyst in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Logistic Analyst in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits that you pay for. Hours (depending on the customer).

Cons

Pay is bottom of the barrel and there is no negotiating. The government pays 4x what you get paid for your seat. The make cuts almost 6% across the board to employees who are already being paid lower than the industry standard and then throw a celebration party because THEY won the contract from the government? Program manager gives you evaluations off of pay raises. If they give you anything above a 3.0, they have to give you a raise - guess where everyone falls? My program manager didn't even know where I worked, how could he evaluate the job I was doing? Absolutely ridiculous.

Advice to Management

In a heavy military retirement town, they can screw the employees because there are so many applicants. Upper management makes all the money while not giving the workers any pay raises from year to year. No negotiating salary based on experience or education. Disgruntled and furious with the system.

"They can ruin your life"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Gordon, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Gordon, GA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a steady paycheck with decent benifets. My manager was good but corporate was a different matter entirely.

Cons

They cancelled my SCI portion of my TS clearance investigation while I was working for them. I worked for a year and a half more, not knowing they did this. Now I can't get a new job and my current job is firing me for CACI's mess up. They have ruined me. I'm going to lose my house and family. I never knew your employer could take so much from you.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone in your security department. They can't do their jobs correctly. I know two other people they have done this to. They are incompetent.

"sweat shop"

Former Employee - Background Investigator in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Work from home office. Independence.

Cons

Background investigators kept on production status which jeopardizes the purpose of the job. Raise amounts are insulting, especially when you have met/exceeded expectations.

Advice to Management

Don't micro-manage. Trust your employees.

"Avoid if at all possible."

Former Employee - GIS Technician in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - GIS Technician in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

You can set your own schedule. Benefits are decent (not great). People in this local office are generally nice, good people.

Cons

This place is what many of us referred to as a "GIS sweatshop". Think of a task that needs to be done multiple time on multiple maps, but cannot easily be automated by a script. You're job is to do that task manually, hundreds, or even thousands of times. The work is mind numbingly boring, and barely qualifies as GIS work - and the pay reflects that. You will learn little to nothing about real GIS work, and upward job mobility is basically nonexistent.

Upper management likes to hire far too many people to do the job, then when there is a lull in work load, they lay off half the staff to protect their profit margins. Then, when more work comes in, they will go on a big hiring spree, have to retrain a ton of new people, and then in a few years, when the workload goes down, many of those people will get laid off again. This has been a consistent pattern, and has happened multiple times in this office's history.

CACI exemplifies the worst in corporate culture. No one beyond your direct supervisor has any vested interest in you or your career.

Advice to Management

You say that the employees are CACI's greatest asset. We all know you're lying. We are numbers on a spreadsheet.

Why not invest something in your employees? When there is a lull in workload, instead of laying off half your staff, why not take the time to teach them more about GIS? Then when the work comes back, you don't have to rehire and retrain a bunch of new people. Instead, you could actually have a staff that is now better at their jobs, and can get even more work done faster.

8. "Bad experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at CACI International (Less than a year)

Pros

Some what good benefits and easy time keeping

Cons

you are just a number to them.

Advice to Management

When someone gets a bad eval and they dispute it. you should actually care and look into it.

9. "Great Company, Not So Great People"

Former Employee - KEY PROJECTS/PROGRAMS in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - KEY PROJECTS/PROGRAMS in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits were excellent. Some senior management were really awesome people to work with.

Cons

A lot of managers are severely lacking in people skills. There are some who should NOT be working at this company and have blatantly lied about experience or buddy system'd their way along.

HR was awful, they create problems with archaic policies and then do not listen and take years to resolve. It seems like they want to create their own system of job security.

Advice to Management

Senior Management still has some great visionary leaders, but they are out of touch with what is going on below their level in the rest of the company.

10. "Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

The pay was great and associates are great.

Cons

The con was the management. I would stay away from the Chesapeake Office. Management is horrible. The upper management is/was aware of the mistreatment of employees and does/did nothing about it. Some of the management is involved in the unfair treatment of the associates and does nothing about it. I'm not a disgruntle employee. It was a learning experience.. money isn't everything.

Advice to Management

The advice is to get new management.