CACI International Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kenneth Asbury

Pros
Cons
  • Then your manager rates you, and then it goes up to upper management for "calibration (in 18 reviews)

• Work ends when contract ends unless you find another position before your (in 16 reviews)

1. "Good starting place"

Pros

Good flexibility, lot of great people.

Cons

Salary isn't commensurate with other gov't contractors.

Advice to Management

More development with their employees is first and foremost, also the company is a bit top heavy.

"Background Investigator"

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Sterling, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working for CACI. As a Background Investigator, I get to essentially create my own schedule. The pay is terrible, but the job gives you lifestyle options.

Cons

The pay sucks. The training program doesn't even come close to preparing new hires for field work, but the company is generally understanding that it takes a while to learn how to do the job.

Advice to Management

Improve the training regiment to include more skills that Investigators will actually use in the field.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Quantico, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Quantico, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and small perks

Cons

More Training, they do take care of their management before lower level employees

5. "General Systems Administrator"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Benefits and healthcare are good for that sector

Cons

Raises are minimal at best

"If looking for flexibilty...background investigator is a good path"

Pros

- Flexibility in schedule. You create your appointments based on your schedule. This is by far the biggest pro.
    - Work independently. Supervisor does not bother you as long as you're meeting your production requirements

Cons

- Pressure to meet production numbers can create sacrifice in quality of reports.
    - Time crunch: Company implemented a 21 day rule to have the case work completed and transmitted. Investigators were told certain factors such as leave or case suspensions are considered for the due date, but dates never adjusted.
    - Wear and tear on your personal vehicle. Would be beneficial if CACI had a fleet car program.

Advice to Management

Do not go down the same road as USIS and sacrifice quality over quantity. I chose CACI over other competitors because the focus was on quality and not over emphasis on quantity of reports. From my observation, the mindset has shifted. I'm sure it's business minded decisions but don' sacrifice the reputation of the company.

7. "It was a great company"

Former Employee - GIS Technician in Sunset Hills, MO
    Former Employee - GIS Technician in Sunset Hills, MO

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great benefits, relaxed dress code.

Cons

I had a very nice boss, but he wasn't the brightest fellow, and he micromanaged me despite the fact that I out performed him by a long shot.

I also worked in a smaller satellite office, and a lot of times important information wasn't passed on to us.

Not the highest pay in the industry.

Advice to Management

I only ever met two managers, and they were low level. One could have been a little more outgoing and and upbeat.

My other boss was too aggressive as a manager. So much so that it made me less productive, because I had to do extra tasks just to appease his management style.

8. "Good experirnce"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot from peers

Cons

Really don't have anything bad to say

9. "Client Side"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Comprehensive fringe benefits (PTO, Sick time, 401K, vision, health, dental, various corporate discounts)
    -Great culture, great people
    -Potential for telework based on contract
    -Employee mobility board
    -Employee placement program (for having fallbacks for CACI employees whose contracts may be up for recompete)
    -95% recompete win rate

Cons

For me personally, I didn't like the way my manager ran things. I felt very micromanaged, but our coordinating team wasn't micromanaged at all. I prefer a mature environment where I don't feel like my boss is constantly breathing down my neck. I get my work done quickly and efficiently, and he still has room to complain about things. I have a CACI laptop but he doesn't let me telework. He doesn't have any management experience, and yet he is in a managerial position. My work-life balance is basically non-existent and I am beginning to resent coming to work because he always asks me to do things after hours or whatnot. He will also have tasks for me to do, then takes the credit for the work I've done, which infuriates me. I am also well underpaid for my skillset/what I could be making, and everytime I ask for a raise my manager shuts it down. I only ask for a raise when I think I deserve one.

Note that the review of my manager's management style reflects on him, not on the company. CACI is an amazing company to work for.

Advice to Management

Require that team leads and managers absolutely MUST HAVE prior management experience, taken leadership courses, or taking IO Psychology courses. (Or a mix)

10. "HR Manager"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent co-workers and great clients

Cons

I cannot think of anything except more time off.

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing keep going.

"Background Investigator"

Former Employee - Background Investigator II
    Former Employee - Background Investigator II

I worked at CACI International part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full support from management and supervisors. OPM background investigations is a challenging field where a self-starter can manage their own schedules and hours. Right candidates can progress up the ladder for their area's potential. Meeting new and interesting individuals on a daily basis while protecting our national security. In most cases, any travel past a half hour or hour per day does not count against weekly production goals. Great job for a new college graduate or retiree.

Cons

Working from home requires someone who is self motivator. Despite working from home travel via private vehicle, milage paid compensated by CACI, is required. Continuous changes in federal government policies and mandates on investigations. Training could improve. Once receiving initial training the follow on yearly training is minimal and does not meet major changes in Federal changes. Night or weekend hours required. This is not a dayshift job or normal hour job. This is not a job that will pay well depending your area.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your investigators. Good job! I was a proud member of the team. However, start paying more. Salary does not meet the demand nor the importance of the position.