CACI International Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Kenneth Asbury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Then your manager rates you, and then it goes up to upper management for "calibration (in 18 reviews)

• Work ends when contract ends unless you find another position before your (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Employer of Choice!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

The CEO is smart and cares. This creates a tone at the top that tells employees that they matter. Leadership is strategic and collaborative. They are focused on growth and innovation but not at the expense of the employees. This came through loud and clear when the company absorbed 100% the price increase in benefits for FY18.

Cons

Nothing to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire and invest in great people.

2. "Focused Direction Committed Executives"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large enough to go after even the biggest jobs but small enough to be agile and not paralyzed by process; C-Suite executives have a clear vision of where we are going and communicate it well; Wide variety of jobs available - different customers, locations, and positions; competitive pay.

Cons

Standard integrator benefits; 3 year 401K vesting period and mediocre company match; vacation schedule not very generous; training investments often require a retention commitment or repay.

Advice to Management

Careful not to lose the smaller business feel as we continue to grow through acquisitions; Most of your employees work on customer site - make sure the corporate systems are EASY to access and PERFORM WELL in that environment; Spend a little money on branding items for your customer site employees - polo shirts, coffee cups, etc - your competition does and CACI logos are conspicuously absent - please don't expect me to spend $50 on a very poorly constructed CACI Polo - I still wear the logo shirts I received at several of your competitors over the years because they're attractive and high quality.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great on-boarding for new employees. Good benefits and retirement programs.
    They thoroughly survey employees each year and then share the results (both good and bad). This company works to make its employees lives better and doesn't just talk about making things better. They follow through...Top notch!

Cons

You may or may not be working contracts that means employment shifts with their needs. CACI local managers give you plenty of notice (unofficially) and then later let it out that the contract is ending. CACI cares and shows it with rigorous honesty on the local level. Do not look for annual raises despite a great review. That money seems to stay in the higher corporate levels with management regardless of what local managers think.

Advice to Management

If an employee gets a great annual review, reward their hard work. It is a real pain to work through an annual review, and then feel like you wasted your time.

4. "Great experience with CACI"

Former Employee - Computer Forensics Technician in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Computer Forensics Technician in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very present and hands on. I enjoyed working for CACI. They made you feel as if you were a part of a family.

Cons

I cannot think of a single con that would be a deal breaker in working for CACI. My experience with CACI was great

5. "Positive intern experience"

Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Rome, NY
    Former Intern - Software Developer Intern in Rome, NY

I worked at CACI International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as an intern at CACI in 2016 at the Rome, NY office. That specific office had a small team, which made it easy to get to know people better. My manager made the experience very positive as he sought to expand my knowledge and skills.

Cons

The hourly pay for interns was a bit low compared to other employers, but unfortunately they must work within the pay-grades and budget specified in their contract with the government, so there is little that can be done.

6. "Great company with growth opportunity"

Former Contractor - Deputy Program Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - Deputy Program Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at CACI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Veteran and Reserve Servicemember friendly. Employee professional development is a priority and benefits are good. Even as a contractor, everyone is treated with respect and provided the opportunity to excel.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Great job!

7. "Good position, however pay isn't that great due to sub-contract bid."

Former Employee - VA Benefits Advisor in Minot, ND
    Former Employee - VA Benefits Advisor in Minot, ND

Pros

Supportive leadership who are not withholding. Very open company. Well established as well and have a good amount of ability to obtain government contracts.

Cons

Contract positions are at the mercy of the bid they placed, thus unfortunately cutting salaries to make that promised bid.

8. "Systems Engineer - subcontracted"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sub-contracted: Great management and HR team - absolute top-level talent!

Cons

Sub-contracted: Small company, not necessarily a con - but little possibility for lateral/upward movement unless you "grow" a position for yourself.

Advice to Management

Sub-contracted: None - spot-on with geographically dispersed management. Change NOTHING!

"Great work environment."

Current Employee - Telecommunications Analyst II in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Analyst II in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent direct managers. Over all program managers dont really communicate with lower level employees, but all direct supervisors seems to put employees first.

Cons

Do not really have any cons at this time. All around very satisfied with work environment, co workers and managers.

"CACI Is Positive"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in San Diego, CA

Pros

They are very helpful and easy to get along with.
    Good job security, employees are treated well and with respect, reasonable work balance

Cons

A more flexible schedule. The ability to make up time if you need to schedule time off.

Advice to Management

Encourage innovation, try to change the old company feel, inprove growth potential