CACI International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Kenneth Asbury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Then your manager rates you, and then it goes up to upper management for "calibration (in 20 reviews)

• Work ends when contract ends unless you find another position before your (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Employer of Choice!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

The CEO is smart and cares. This creates a tone at the top that tells employees that they matter. Leadership is strategic and collaborative. They are focused on growth and innovation but not at the expense of the employees. This came through loud and clear when the company absorbed 100% the price increase in benefits for FY18.

Cons

Nothing to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire and invest in great people.

2. "One of the few companies I've worked for that made it difficult to write the "downsides" section of this review."

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst, III in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst, III in Fairfax, VA

Pros

I am a new employee at CACI, and before taking the position I did an exorbitant amount of research on this site and throughout my network of people who have worked with CACI as a sub or prime. I found that feelings are mixed about the company - more so than any other I've had experience with. Nevertheless, it seems as though it holds true - it is strictly dependent on the group you find yourself.

My group is phenomenal. Our directorate is a little over 100 people and our senior management knows every single person and treats us all as equals. They are constantly leading team building events, providing internal and external training opportunities and supporting us in multiple efforts to improve our operations. The chances for advancement are limitless as the team has the workload of 300 people being completed by 100 people.

Compensation is disgustingly better than my former company and they sincerely value top performers and hard work and would do anything to keep the best of the best. The work is exciting and challenging as I am constantly called upon to receive more and more responsibility.

Cons

Work/life balance isn't nearly as flexible as many consulting positions that require travel. They try to be as open as possible, but working from home and flex hours isn't yet in the "mainstream" of management thinking.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your employees that they are valued and pay them accordingly and you will have employees for life.

3. "Great integrity."

Current Employee - Acquisition Professional in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Acquisition Professional in Arlington, VA

Pros

I left federal service to work at CACI. If you are billable, the pay is great. I think the health insurance is better than I had as a fed.

Cons

If you are working in projects, at least, very little room for growth.

Advice to Management

Do more to develop individual development plans for lower and mid-level employees.

"Stay billable and CACI will love you"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Arlington, VA

Pros

CACI is a company that manages a huge number of projects across many different Government contracts. The quality of life/pay at CACI depends mostly on the individual contract/project you are working on. It also matters who the customer is. My project is making plenty of money for CACI and the customer is happy so we are given plenty of leeway with senior management. The CACI culture is entrepreneurial. Employees who are always thinking of new ways to do things, increase the array of products and services we offer, and make more money for CACI will do well. Those that sit and wait for work to come to them will be overwhelmed and fail. Take the initiative to remain billable (and even work on qualifying for a higher billable position) and CACI will love you.

Cons

For those who are not indirect employees, don't expect to remain at CACI if your project losses its contract or if you are not billable for any other reason. If you are not making money for CACI, out you go. The company will make an effort to place you on another contract but nothing is guaranteed. Most opportunities for promotion are only within your own project/contract. While there is a web site that lists company-wide available positions for current employees, little is done to help employees communicate with hiring managers about moving to another contract/project.

Advice to Management

Coordinate among CACI business groups for employees to learn about opportunities on projects other than the ones for which they are currently assigned.

5. "Satisfied CACI Employee!"

Current Employee - Functional Analyst, Principal in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Functional Analyst, Principal in Arlington, VA

Pros

CACI values the diverse background of its employees and provides an environment where diversity thrives. They recognize the breadth of experiences, ideas and values that a diverse workforce generates and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all. Salary is competative, and benefits are second-to-none including various educational and career development opportunities

Cons

CACI is such a large company it's easy to feel like a number. For example, even though I am a CACI employee, I work on-site with my Air Force Client. I rarely interact with anyone else from CACI, and most of the time I do not feel like a CACI employee. This is a very specific circumstance, and I'm sure not the norm for most CACI employees, but I would cite it as a potential downside compared to working for a smaller company.

Advice to Management

None. I think the success of the company speaks for itself. I would urge Senior Management to keep pressing ahead in the aggressive mannaer that it has in the past.

6. "Great company that fosters a work/life balance with above average compensation."

Current Employee - Program Control Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Program Control Analyst in Chantilly, VA

Pros

The compensation package is above average. The management team values a balance between home and work and are very forward thinking in teleworking or telecommuitng. They are open to recomendations for change or improvement and value everyone at every staff level. They are serious about the programs they support to give back to the community and they provide ample opportunity for educational assistance and career growtha dn advancement.

Cons

The communication or socialization between internal groups is lacking so the job boards are really the only way to see what other opportunities are there.

Advice to Management

GO Green!!! We need to do more to lower our ecological footprint.

7. "Extraordinary if you're in the right place"

Former Employee - Executive Administrator in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Executive Administrator in Fairfax, VA

Pros

It all depends on which division you end up working for. My particular division was made up of bright, educated, and personable managers who cared about their employees. I received significant recognition for the work I performed and never felt like I was mistreated by upper level management. In fact, the most senior managers (senior and executive VPs) paid a lot more attention to me than I would have ever expected! I was paid the highest compensation I could receive at my level, though management wished they could have paid me more. They more than compensated with company paid training (foreign language and grad school) and cash/gift bonuses. It was a great place to work and was extremely difficult to leave for a new opportunity.

Cons

I've heard nightmare stories about other divisions, so it's all in where you end up. The only downside was apathetic admin/HR support and some lower level backbiting, but that's pretty much the same everywhere.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward great on-site managers and develop training methods for new PMs based on their example.

8. "I liked it!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

CACI is one of the better places I've worked. I left because I was getting "in a rut" with the project I was on, but looking back, I wished I'd tried for positions on other projects instead of leaving the company.

With the way it's structured, with independent projects, different people there can have very different experiences. Mine was very positive - I liked my managers and my coworkers, felt well trained, was well supported by management without being micro-managed, flexible work schedule, good benefits, fair annual reviews and pay increases. Just a professional, well-run place.

Cons

At least in my time there, I thought they would sometimes "cut corners" in regards to hiring salaries -- so you often ended up with a grab bag of talents. It worked out well for me as they were willing to hire me with practically no experience - I was able to break into my tech career and was willing to take the lower pay to get my foot in the door. But they really got me for a bargain price, and sometimes you really do get what you pay for in terms of expertise and talent.

Advice to Management

For the most part, I'd say keep doing what you've been doing. I do think there was a need to have salaries be more current/competitive, but I don't really know what other folks were making - maybe it was just my salary that was low!

"Good company to work for."

Current Employee - CITP Analyst in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - CITP Analyst in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation and although a big firm it has a family feeling to it.

Cons

Not knowing what's next is not very good.

10. "Amazing place to work. Great people."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Augusta, GA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, good pay and an awesome work enviroment. Great managers, awesome coworkers, lax dress code. Cafeteria on site with well priced meals.

Cons

Work can be demanding but rewarding. Sometimes long hours are required. Things can change in a heartbeat and you need to keep pace.

Advice to Management

Need to make processes more transparent.

Showing 950 of 1,016 reviews