CACI International Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

CACI International Reviews

Updated March 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Then your manager rates you, and then it goes up to upper management for "calibration (in 18 reviews)

• Work ends when contract ends unless you find another position before your (in 16 reviews)

1. "Systems Engineer - subcontracted"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sub-contracted: Great management and HR team - absolute top-level talent!

Cons

Sub-contracted: Small company, not necessarily a con - but little possibility for lateral/upward movement unless you "grow" a position for yourself.

Advice to Management

Sub-contracted: None - spot-on with geographically dispersed management. Change NOTHING!

"If looking for flexibilty...background investigator is a good path"

Pros

- Flexibility in schedule. You create your appointments based on your schedule. This is by far the biggest pro.
    - Work independently. Supervisor does not bother you as long as you're meeting your production requirements

Cons

- Pressure to meet production numbers can create sacrifice in quality of reports.
    - Time crunch: Company implemented a 21 day rule to have the case work completed and transmitted. Investigators were told certain factors such as leave or case suspensions are considered for the due date, but dates never adjusted.
    - Wear and tear on your personal vehicle. Would be beneficial if CACI had a fleet car program.

Advice to Management

Do not go down the same road as USIS and sacrifice quality over quantity. I chose CACI over other competitors because the focus was on quality and not over emphasis on quantity of reports. From my observation, the mindset has shifted. I'm sure it's business minded decisions but don' sacrifice the reputation of the company.

3. "It was a great company"

Former Employee - GIS Technician in Sunset Hills, MO
    Former Employee - GIS Technician in Sunset Hills, MO

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great benefits, relaxed dress code.

Cons

I had a very nice boss, but he wasn't the brightest fellow, and he micromanaged me despite the fact that I out performed him by a long shot.

I also worked in a smaller satellite office, and a lot of times important information wasn't passed on to us.

Not the highest pay in the industry.

Advice to Management

I only ever met two managers, and they were low level. One could have been a little more outgoing and and upbeat.

My other boss was too aggressive as a manager. So much so that it made me less productive, because I had to do extra tasks just to appease his management style.

5. "Good experirnce"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot from peers

Cons

Really don't have anything bad to say

"Background investigator"

Current Employee - Background Investigator II in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Background Investigator II in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job allows flexible hours. Must be good at time management. Investigators can travel if they choose. The seven day work week let's you maximize your time.

Cons

The rules and procedures are always changing. No physical interaction with coworkers. Not much advancement opportunity unless you are willing to relocate.

7. "Being at CACI"

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CACI really looks out for their employees. Upper level management are wonderful to work with. Being worldwide, experiences could change from place to place, but my experience has been amazing.

Cons

Insurance options are not the best. I really can not think of any other cons.

8. "Good Company"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

good people to work with, good benefits

Cons

poor senior management, stove piped.

9. "Client Side"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Comprehensive fringe benefits (PTO, Sick time, 401K, vision, health, dental, various corporate discounts)
    -Great culture, great people
    -Potential for telework based on contract
    -Employee mobility board
    -Employee placement program (for having fallbacks for CACI employees whose contracts may be up for recompete)
    -95% recompete win rate

Cons

For me personally, I didn't like the way my manager ran things. I felt very micromanaged, but our coordinating team wasn't micromanaged at all. I prefer a mature environment where I don't feel like my boss is constantly breathing down my neck. I get my work done quickly and efficiently, and he still has room to complain about things. I have a CACI laptop but he doesn't let me telework. He doesn't have any management experience, and yet he is in a managerial position. My work-life balance is basically non-existent and I am beginning to resent coming to work because he always asks me to do things after hours or whatnot. He will also have tasks for me to do, then takes the credit for the work I've done, which infuriates me. I am also well underpaid for my skillset/what I could be making, and everytime I ask for a raise my manager shuts it down. I only ask for a raise when I think I deserve one.

Note that the review of my manager's management style reflects on him, not on the company. CACI is an amazing company to work for.

Advice to Management

Require that team leads and managers absolutely MUST HAVE prior management experience, taken leadership courses, or taking IO Psychology courses. (Or a mix)

"Background Investigations"

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Work from home. Make own schedule. Meet great people. My manager is beyond awesome. I've waited for 20+ years to have a manager that cares, fights for what is right, is there for help 24/7, and is on top of things. Great team. I love my job.

Cons

Insurance is quite high, but it's across
    the board regardless of company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. From what I read
    about other investigation companies, I am fortunate to work for such a great company. Thank you!

11. "HR Manager"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent co-workers and great clients

Cons

I cannot think of anything except more time off.

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing keep going.