CACI International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,022 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are a lot of inflated salaries in upper management (in 23 reviews)

• No one wants to sponsor me or help after obtaining my master's degree and investing 3 years (in 19 reviews)

1. "Attorney"

Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Newark, NJ

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None come to mind at present.

Cons

Inflexible cheap and uncaring. I do not understand why we have to leave minimum word reviews. It is annoying.

Advice to Management

Focus on things other than just time cards

2. "SIGINT Analyst, Reporter"

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, great staff, room for growth

Cons

None for me so far.

Advice to Management

More Bonuses for deployed employees!

3. "Great company to work for and amazing benefits"

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Its a great company to work for. You can so much about a big organization and how you can network with people.

Cons

I don't have any negative to say about the company because they been taking care of me.

4. "Better jobs off base..."

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Macdill AFB, FL
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Macdill AFB, FL

I have been working at CACI International (More than 10 years)

Pros

Currently, the only pro to working for CACI is the nature of the work for the government customer. You are involved in real-world events and that is a big plus.

Work, Life Balance is generally good; however, this is a result of a hard 40 hour limit to the workweek. That limit is more of a result of an engaged customer as opposed to involved or concerned management.

Cons

Pay - Senior and decorated intelligence analysts employed by CACI are paid several thousand less than junior business analysts at the numerous financial institutions in Tampa.

Benefits - CACI's overall benefit package is comparable to the benefits packages offered by Lockheed Martin,and Leidos to which I've been exposed; however, those benefits packages are not competitive to packages offered by Citi, FIS, Raymond James and PSCU off base.

Management - Some of the lower level managers are exceptional; however, many approach their positions similar to a fast food manager approaches a potential fry cook. Many of the lower level managers treat their employees as if they employees are lucky to work for CACI as opposed to having a job that pays more off base.

Some overhead support is remarkably disinterested and unconcerned. During a recent hurricane, I was pressured to'pull over and submit general administrative paperwork while evacuating.

Advice to Management

CACI Managers need to approach their employees as valued assets as opposed to replaceable clones. Good intelligence analysts aren't easily replaced, but their resumes often translate to better salaries off base.

CACI needs to work to reduce overhead.

5. "A mission focused company"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company promotes a strong sense of ethical business practices and provides several opportunities for leadership development.

Cons

Somewhat conservative in benefit offerings and flexibility

"Background Investigator"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Work from home. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Dead-end job. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for employees.

7. "Great place to work."

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people, and fantastic benefits. Out of all of the companies I interviewed with, CACI had the most competitive benefits package. It is very flexible workplace which allows you to work around your schedule.

Cons

So far, there have been no cons.

"Background Investigator"

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Work from home. Possibility to travel to work on assignment. I found the job to be very interesting and I met a lot of interesting people. While I went through multiple team leads while I was employed by them, they were easy to get a hold of and very helpful. The mileage reimbursement rate is good.

Cons

You drive your own vehicle, which equals a ton of miles and wear and tear on your car. Employee turnover is high. Very little room for growth. Work/life balance is awful due to a very high workload. I was having to cover a much bigger area than I was supposed to, so most of my time was spent in the field, which left little to no time to type reports. I often had to drive 1.5 hours one way just to look for one record. I was working 12+ hours most days, and only getting paid for 8 hours. You can only get overtime if you hit your numbers, which is very hard to do if you are out in the field all the time. The one time my area was slow for a short while, they said I either had to go on assignment (DTY) across the country for three weeks, or not work and go without pay. So it’s either too slow (only happened to me once, but my friends in other states had to work DTY all the time) or far too busy.

"it became USIS"

Former Employee - Section Leader in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Section Leader in Chantilly, VA

I worked at CACI International (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good opportunity to get a security clearance, but be aware it's not active should you want to leave after your minimum one year as an investigator
    - Opinions of investigators or lower level managers are generally heard and have resulted in positive changes.
    - Corporate benefits are better than most.
    - HR will almost always defend employees no matter what they do.

Cons

- The performance bonuses promised by recruiters are incredibly hard to earn but portrayed as being earned regularly, and in all four fiscal quarters.
    - Bonuses are paid out months after they're earned, to keep people from leaving.
    - Training is poor, and you're taught things that are not accurate to OPM or review standards.
    - This is a job not a career and you will not be able to find other positions at Caci outside this contract. Too long and it will be hard to find jobs outside the industry at all.
    - USIS leaders who were aware of the case flushing were hired to senior positions, and being well liked is the best way to get special projects that are needed for raises.
    - Senior managers have no experience doing BIs so the program is guided by those with no experience and can't set realistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Hiring people who aren't qualified, not putting full effort into retaining good employees, and not backing up managers because someone will always be ready to backfill them, does not build stability or retain your management knowledge base.

10. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seemed to have decent benefits

Cons

As a government contractor, you are still at the mercy of the government agency that you are assigned to. If they decide that they do not want the contractor there, you will be gone and you will not receive backing from the company.

Showing 1,022 of 1,095 reviews