CACI (UK) Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CACI (UK) Chief Executive Greg Bradford
Greg Bradford

Pros
  • Some good people & customers remain due to the combined efforts of the respective teams focussed on running them (in 7 reviews)

• Good location nice area nice office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Creativeness, vision, growth planning, R&D, business development etc (in 3 reviews)

• Career progression - changing clients became harder (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good People"

Pros

Good people, good environment to work

Cons

LIttle ability to move up

2. "Good project - little connection to actual company"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging project with good people and a good client. Project allows for flexible work schedule and ability to work remotely. An okay company to work for.

Cons

Benefits are very average for such a large company. The culture of your group within your contract will have more to do with your positive or negative feelings about the company. Leadership talks a big game about connecting employees, but tools and resources in place to network with co-workers have provided little, if any, actual value.

Advice to Management

It's hard to have loyalty to a company that feel you are barely connected to.

"Abundant career opportunities, flexible work schedule"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My projects have been interesting. Learning a lot of new technology. I love the flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home when my kids are sick. I have been promoted several times since I started. So the company does value and appreciate hard work. If you are unhappy, you can put yourself on the mobility board and switch projects. Great support from direct managers. My direct manager is a mentor and takes time to teach me.

Cons

Government Contracting is unpredictable and you are subject to your clients whims.
    No Bench so if your project ends you are out of a job. The worst part is there is no true Business Development in the company. Project Managers are expected to execute and win new work.

Advice to Management

Spend less time with your spreadsheets and more time at the client sites winning work.

5. "Great place to work! Highly recommended."

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst III in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst III in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training opportunities, flexibility, benefits, jobs, locations

Cons

Pay, communication, no commute benefits,

6. "Good"

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have growth and development within the company and gives training of skills that can be taken outside of the company and used in the other federal contracting companies or for the federal government.

Cons

Starting salary is not commensurate with federal government position of the same function and job.

Advice to Management

Be more competitive with matching salaries better than a $15000 gap for starting pay between CACI position and the federal government counterpart.

"Generally a very good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Pros

Information sharing from top management is excellent. Training opportunities are outstanding. Tools to support admin processes are outstanding, and still improving. Policies support family friendly atmosphere. Very good at staying at the forefront of IT capabilities (such as JAVA, IT security, mobile computing, etc.) and supporting required certifications. VERY serious about ethical business practices.

Cons

Family friendly policy is left to management discretion, so not everyone will have flexibility they want. Salary can be competitive for some positions, but many IT positions are grossly underpaid in today's market. Benefits are passable, vacation time is not very good.

Advice to Management

Bid jobs so that salaries are realistic to current market...especially when the lowest bidder is not the biggest concern for the customer.

8. "Great company, no stress"

Current Employee - Lead Acquisition Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Acquisition Analyst in Arlington, VA

Pros

I enjoy working for CACI. This is my second time with the company. I always receive respect from my senior management and they are very supportive of my educational and professional goals.

Cons

Because it's a large company, you don't really get to interact with other employees from different communities of interest.

Advice to Management

Management thus far has been great.

9. "Not amazing"

Pros

Good people, good products, decent pay but not amazing

Cons

No strategy, no vision, no proper practices and processes

10. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Christmas party, Easter egg for the children, a real focus on family which is really appreciated. Multitude of customers and with recent acquisitions mean the company is looking forward and into different markets hopefully opening up opportunities for all.

Cons

Not easy to move around practices which was an attraction when hired. Make openings within practices easier to identify.

Advice to Management

Development plans have been lacking for staff however are being rolled out, the momentum needs to be kept up.

11. "CACI - NS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work in the Network Sevices division of CACI UK.

The staff are dedicated, friendly and flexible and there are opportunities to work with some very well known brands, in different fields from banking to telecoms to government and travel.

The management team maintain a close relationship with staff based on client sites to drive training and develop careers.

Training is supported through e-learning licenses, external training courses and specific days booked away from client sites.

I've had a successful career with CACI and have worked in several client sites. I've worked with different and varied technology and industry. Throughout my time at CACI I've been awarded fair salary reviews which match my career progression and promotion and enjoy a pretty good pension, private heath care and income protection.

Yes, my benefits are probably not as good as those employed by the clients I work with but that's why companies outsource right? It's cheaper.

I enjoy the benefits of working like a contractor with varied and different opportunities and have the security of a permanent position with the backing of a company that wishes me to and will help me succeed.

Cons

The division has lost its individual identity in the last couple of years and is struggling to harness innovation. There are some highly skilled individuals based on various client sites developing and using industry leading technology and the business is not attempting to productise this and / or find a way to show case it.

There are a few individuals in the business, although most have now thankfully moved on, that harp back to the good old days when this division was Tomorrow Communications. In reality all these employees now do is drive down morale and de-rail management attempts to improve staff engagement. Imagine turning up a social event for a company where you no longer work purely to whine about how good it used to be. Move on, nothing for you here....

There are many highly skilled and committed individuals in this business and while there have been a few challenges in the last couple of years, in reality for the most part hard work is rewarded and people are driven to succeed.

Advice to Management

Allow individual divisions to have their own identity and culture. Allow local managers more budgetary control and decision making. Improve marketing for different divisions of CACI to make the brand better known.