CADsoft Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Timothy H. Duncan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sorry to leave"

I worked at CADsoft Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management takes personal interest in employees.
    They make every effort to provide exceptional customer service.
    Good benefit package
    The technology they sell and implement is fantastic

Cons

Their primary vendor is challenging to work with, sometimes.
    Commute from my home - although this is not a reflection of the company, it was my choice.

Advice to Management

I am sorry to leave. Keep on doing what you have been doing for 20+ years and you will continue to be successful.

"Dead atmosphere"

Former Employee - Marketing in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I worked at CADsoft Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am challenged to articulate any pros. Auto desk is a leading product in the industry and its a pro to be selling that I guess. Aside from that I can't think of anything else

Cons

Tim Duncan CEO is the least effective sr. manager I've ever been around
    His wife Lisa Duncan has a job where she flies all over but seems to have no responsibilities or accomplishments
    This is a lazy sleepy environment and business is going the wrong way

Advice to Management

Sell

"Don't expect to keep a job with this company for long..."

I worked at CADsoft Consulting full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers, smallish company has a family feel to it. When I worked there, they hired quality people I really enjoyed working with. Company reported itself to be very profitable, giving you the sense of job security.

Cons

Over the several years I worked here, people who were good at their jobs and consistently went above and beyond were fired without a warning or an explanation. 10 people were fired within the span of the one year. For a small business, this was more than 50% turnover. These folks didn't lack work ethic or have bad attitudes; they were routinely given awards during company meetings and exceeded sales goals. Most of them were considered almost family. These firings were also not the result of a layoffs due to a bad economy, as this company had it's most profitable year to date when I left. I can only guess the powers-that-be thought they could hire someone and pay them less money to do the same job. Unless you are one of the core 5-6 people who have been there for more than 5 years, don't expect to keep a job with this company for long.

Advice to Management

The management wouldn't be open to my advice even if I wanted to give it.

"Beware"

I worked at CADsoft Consulting full-time

Pros

Company offers great potential to learn the ins and outs of Cad Software and the sales process to deliver various packages to the architectural industry.

Cons

No training structure, not aware of its lack of staff support, small environment, and unethical industry practices.

Advice to Management

Be honest1

"Smoke & mirrors"

I worked at CADsoft Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Owners are friendly. The staff and management team overall are friendly, helpful, and easy to share some camaraderie. Training and mentoring are readily available, they accept and try to find ways to implement any new ideas you may have to improve business processes. This is nice because you can actually play a part in the establishment of "best practices" and its nice to know that management is willing to listen to what you have to say. Overall a good work/life balance unless you're part of the senior management team - they work all day, literally. Incredibly high expectations which make for good self accountability - not recommended for "free-flow" workers.

Cons

Having "friends" at work won't pay the bills and neither will CADsoft. Business structure, commissions structure and business models along with "dedicated' sales staff change far too often. Employees are stuck with whatever crazy organizational chart the management team dreams up of on a wild whim and the business is absolutely bound to whatever crazy changes AUTODESK (software developer) makes its own organization. Ownership completely MICROMANAGES. No real team building or morale boosting efforts are made UNLESS its Christmas or if the sales team exceeds monthly goals in which case they take the sales team out exclusively - or maybe if you're one of the "teachers pets"/"in-crowd". Hard, overflowing work, work, work, work, work

Advice to Management

Do more to show your employees you care about them and all the hard work they do.

"Management Style - Positive or Negative?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at CADsoft Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees (Non-Management) are quality individuals and people you would refer to as friends outside of work.

Cons

Management style is one of constant micro-management and verbal intimidation with extremely high employee turnover for a company under 25.

Fact: 15 employees have left or were let go in past 24 months...for a company of 25. Management Style, Positive or Negative?

Advice to Management

Take a look in the mirror and be honest with yourself, are the people you interviewed and hired all incapable professionals or could the problem be within?