CAE Technology Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Justin Harling
  1. "Good times"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in London, England

I worked at CAE Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive and fun team lots to learn and development is down to you

Cons

Can’t think of any right now

Advice to Management

Keep up the work!

CAE Technology Services2019-05-15

July 9, 2019COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at CAE, thank you for your engagement.

2. "Excellent company, people and culture."

I have been working at CAE Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Great people from top to bottom. Freedom to just get on and do the job to meet customers expectations and needs. Great messaging and goals from the leadership team.

Cons

Not encountered any in my time (1 yr)

CAE Technology Services2019-04-29

July 9, 2019COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear that even though you have been at CAE for less than a year, you already have so much positivity to say and contribute!

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "A really great year and a half!"

Former Employee - Collaboration Architect in Winchester, England

I worked at CAE Technology Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people from the very top to those at the coal face. This is a company where everybody counts from first and foremost, the customer, right across the business to support staff working at the detail end. They encourage a hard working but fun environment that ensures you get up every day looking forward to going to work. CAE are a growing company with all the opportunity that brings but have a strong fiscal... responsibility that ensures a secure future for a business in the sometimes volatile market of IT and Communications.

Cons

In my time at CAE I saw very little to hold back either the company or any individual looking for a career in IT. In fact the only issue I experienced was the Watford HQ location which is challenging in terms of any sort of commute and meant there was a reticence from some employees to visit the centre of the business as regularly as they would otherwise have wanted to.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring your people in the same way, we love the rewards of working for a successful, fun and challenging organisation.

CAE Technology Services2019-01-17

July 9, 2019COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Having a great culture is key to our success, its something we are very proud of.

5. "I wish I joined years ago"

I have been working at CAE Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are brilliant, I have made some great friends. The atmosphere, the social side and being treated like an adult are all key for me.

Cons

The only negative is the traffic that can pile up at 5.30 - i am clutching at straws as i love life at CAE

CAE Technology Services2019-01-14

July 9, 2019COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear that even though you have been at CAE for less than a year you have settled in so well!

"Great Career Potential"

I have been working at CAE Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with Hands on experience, staff given responsibility and access to actually use their obtained knowledge Plenty of opportunities to learn, gain certifications, and progress

Cons

None spring to mind, great company.

Advice to Management

Great communication with wider team! Keep staff involved and informed as you currently are!

CAE Technology Services2018-11-06

November 23, 2018COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. With our new internal collaboration initiatives such as 'Joined Up' really starting to make a difference, I hope we can continue to improve our communication.

7. "Great Place To Work!!"

I have been working at CAE Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great working environment and just a great company to work for.. Unlike other companies i have worked for, CAE truly makes the effort to look out for their staff and make everyone feel welcome and valued. It doesnt matter which department you work in, everyone at CAE has a great working relationship and the communication between each department is spot on. CAE has shown me that they are very... supportive in ensuring that you achieve your goals in and out of the work place.

Cons

It is not often that i struggle to think of something to complain about but today seems to be one of them days.... I honestly can not think of anything negative to say about this company.

Advice to Management

The management team at CAE are really supportive and are committed to ensuring that everyone here at CAE has the best experience possible, not only to their staff but also to their customers. Career progression starts at home here and i have seen many internal promotions since i have been here and this is down to the management team recognising the skills and potential of their staff and investing in them.... The CEO is very friendly, approachable and is always up for a chat which is very nice to see.

CAE Technology Services2018-11-06

November 23, 2018COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. In particular I love your comment about career progression starting at home, its something that we truly recognise and support wherever possible!

"The best move I ever made"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Oxford, England

I have been working at CAE Technology Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

After moving from a big corporate it's a breath of fresh air to work for a company who just gets stuff done. CAE has a great culture, is ambitious, growing and with a desire to be the best. This backed by a management team who genuinely care about their staff. It couldn't get any better.

Cons

None that are worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing !

CAE Technology Services2018-10-19

November 23, 2018COO

9. "Ok if you work at Head Office"

I worked at CAE Technology Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good summer and xmas parties

Cons

If you work at Head Office I can see how great it could be to work here. Unfortunately if you work at one of the other Service sites you are forgotten about. No career progression, no training, and no real urge to hang on to or reward excellent staff that make a difference. Management and sales only seem to be interested in the money from those accounts and do not engage with the employees on the ground.

Advice to Management

Don't forget those who make you your money!

CAE Technology Services2018-11-02

November 23, 2018COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback has been noted and in particular how the business can better engage our employees requirements through PDR's to make their experience as inclusive as possible. Our employee wellbeing is of particular importance and we will continue to recognise our excellent staff that make a difference wherever possible.

10. "Service Desk"

Former Employee - Service Desk in London, England

I worked at CAE Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

majority are nice people HR and IAM with a few senior engineers

Cons

shift work is difficult and its nice to have a shift partner you get on with (i didntn't) team members on different pay....not consistent for microsoft and cisco certified lots of micro managing "busting yur balls" team leads more interested in charging than supporting the customer guys do like to moan and actively try to get you into trouble

Advice to Management

be transparent you have a high turnover because you do not progress people and the guys on the desk are miserable.....good for experience but not worth it for the long run

CAE Technology Services2018-11-04

November 23, 2018COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback has been noted and through our long-term initiatives such as the SDI we hope to encourage development and customer experience.

11. "It's the people that make CAE the place it is - great."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at CAE Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's the people that make the company great to work for from the top down. The management are approachable, the CEO is just a decent person who takes a interest in all that work in the business. Everyone will take the time to help others. Employees are valued throughout the business. The business has a buzz about it, it seems to be going somewhere. The company is focused on the customer and doing things... right for that customer - the employees and the business go above and beyond to help the customer (we do get it wrong sometimes I'm sure) - yet I don't feel anyone is pressured to do that - people do it naturally - again is about having the right people in the business. The business is in a fast moving technical marketplace so it's never dull - there is a lot going on so you do have to be somewhat focused otherwise you could end up taking more on than you can handle. The business takes the stance that the people their hire know how to do their jobs so let them get on a do it. Managers are there to provide coaching and mentoring. There is very little visible politics. The business isn't driven by the bottom line

Cons

There are growing pains most of which the business sees and has a plan to deal with. However as with all projects they aren't all done tomorrow and so for some that is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep being approachable, continue to value your staff, be open, continue not to be driven by the bottom line - it makes for a nice working environment and a better customer experience.

CAE Technology Services2018-09-26

November 23, 2018COO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. There is no doubt that developing and growing an exciting business will result in some growing pains however we do recognise this and will make sure our core purpose and values remain at our heart.

Found 34 reviews