CAM Commerce Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Ian Goldman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"I have been working at CAM Commerce Solutions for more than 8 years"

Current Employee - QA Tech
    Current Employee - QA Tech

I have been working at CAM Commerce Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Possible to be promoted within 2 years of working here if there are openenings and you meet the requirements
    - Co-workers are Team players, friendly, and helpful. They also become great friends outside of work.
    - My boss has been an amazing help and person both at work and outside of work.

Cons

None that I can think of. They have been a great company.

Advice to Management

None

"Great experience and opportunities"

I have been working at CAM Commerce Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been employed by CAM for almost 10 years and I have had the opportunity to work with (and for) some hard working, bright individuals. There are opportunities for both entry level and experienced employees. The company is constantly adapting to evolving practices and technologies in the retail/computer industry. I have learned so much in my time here that I know will be experience for me throughout my career.

Cons

Although a software/technology company, a background in retail goes a long way to pick-up quickly and succeed. As with most companies around for many years, there have been a few changes in upper management. I can say throughout these changes, the company has maintained its core values and have had a renewed focus.

3. "Long Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I have been working at CAM Commerce Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with CAM nearly 20 years, its been an awesome career thus far. The company promotes from within and rewards hard work.

Cons

CAM has had multiple shifts in ownership, the latest acquisition however has proven to be a positive with the dedication towards making the product robust and dependable.

Advice to Management

Continue to work towards having all departments work together towards a common goal. Play to individual strengths in order to minimize the weaknesses.

4. "POS industry leader for small to medium retailer"

I have been working at CAM Commerce Solutions full-time

Pros

Company does a good job at promoting within. There is clear focus on the future direction of our product and the organization. Positive and casual work environment.

Cons

Salary could be more competitive and reflect current market.

Advice to Management

Employee recognition would help keep a positive work environment. There was a time when employees were rewarded for their hard work. Currently there are empty "Employee of the Month" parking spots that have not been used for a very long time.

5. "Anonymous Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at CAM Commerce Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A very pleasant place to work. Make people happy every day. Works are challenging. Hours are flexible. Strong company culture. Good environment, environment is most important that the workplace provides for comfortable, productive employees. Company understand what determines success in the employees' role, and rewarded or recognized accordingly.

Cons

I don't have any cons so far, it's refreshing to work for a company and feel appreciated. In the position I have I cannot work remotely. Average salaries

Advice to Management

Management is very professional, we get the ability to move ideas through and how much the management is open to new ideas. Employees feel supported by the overall company, their manager and peers. Management understands that flexibility is what employees require in their work schedules. There are lots of benefits and advantages with flexible work schedule are allowed for both the company & employees.

6. "Great team of long-time, dedicated employees"

Pros

I have worked with Celerant Technology for 11 years and we merged with CAM Commerce about 4 years ago. What stands out the most for me about CAM is the team, many of which have been with CAM for 15 or 20+ years. Each member of the team has been a pleasure to work with- from management to technicians. Many of our departments are now merged and the CAM team has continued to show tremendous dedication, support, knowledge and ambition.

Cons

We have worked hard with the CAM team to add several enhancements to the software, and together we have now released our 3rd major release since our merge. As such, we have been challenged to update all of the marketing collateral, company website, trade show displays, etc- it has been an ongoing work in progress but has been a great success.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase cross-over between our 2 divisions. Expanding roles with key department leaders from each division, transitioning to both sides has been very successful, in my opinion. Having members of both support teams in both offices (East Coast/ West Coast) has benefited clients, in case one office needs to close due to weather or some other emergency.

7. "Seasoned company with years of experience"

Pros

Management is open to new ideas, software is very stable and works with a lot of different industries. Company has a positive atmosphere. Employees are able to grow and be promoted, regardless of your department. Really nice break room and office facilities. A lot of employees are well seasoned and have 10+ years of experience with the company. Overall, a really great group of people.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay on top of technical and industry trends. Empower employees and invest in their talents.

8. "First 6 months"

Pros

Very nice environment to work at

Cons

nothing. everyone is nice. no cons i can think of

9. "Technical support specialist"

Current Employee - RELEVANT Technical Support Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - RELEVANT Technical Support Specialist in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at CAM Commerce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to get your feet in the water.

Cons

The amount of responsibilities they give to you doesn't match the pay you get.

10. "Overall good experience"

I worked at CAM Commerce Solutions full-time

Pros

Can learn alot if you are new in the field, people are nice and fun to work with. My manager was good and seemed to care about me.

Cons

Pay rate is kinda low, would be better to pay people more.

Advice to Management

try to pay more to people to keep them at the company