CAN Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
CAN Capital Chief Executive Officer Parris Sanz
Parris Sanz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is still good" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great people, no micro-managing, tenured managment" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "upper management, the C level group" (in 8 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is hard at this high growth company" (in 3 reviews)

"The New CAN!"

Current Employee - Partner Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Partner Sales Representative

I have been working at CAN Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for over 4 years, so I have been here for some great highs and terrible lows. The one thing that sticks out to me is the sheer resilience our new leadership has demonstrated in getting us back on track. The energy in this building is awesome. It feels great to be back at helping our customers, and growing as a solid team. Hats off to management, and our executive team for their dedication and wisdom in not only pulling us out of a crazy slump, but for making sure those of us who are still here are taken care of! It's been a real game changer watching this company turn around. I am more happy to work here now than ever before! Our leadership is transparent, our management (at least mine) is committed, and the company overall feels healthy! I am loving Can now!

Cons

We are still not as competitive in offers as other companies. I think our scare in the last two years has us way more interested in profitable/safe offers than competitive offers. Our previous leadership struggled terribly with honesty and being in touch with all employees, some of that trickled down to management in some departments.

Advice to Management

Train train train! Take some of the feedback from employee engagement, and the departments that have shiny review on management and ask them what they're doing. I really hate seeing some of the reviews that are totally contradictory to my experience, and it's mostly due to management. Managers could definitely use more people training, and even job training so that the people under them can feel more trusted day to day.

Feb 14, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you highlighted the positive energy driven by the new leadership team. We are working hard to cultivate a new, transparent and tenacious culture rooted... More

2. "Could be a much better place"

I worked at CAN Capital full-time

Pros

Bonuses
    People
    Environment
    Pay
    Time off
    Relaxed at first

Cons

Management
    Business model
    Work life balance

3. "mgmt was a total mess..Dan D, a complete D bag"

I worked at CAN Capital full-time

Pros

people that work there, were great

Cons

upper management, the C level group

Advice to Management

You did it. Got rid of Dan, he was pitiful, no interaction at all

May 16, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We agree our people are the best! The new management team (in place for over a year), values our team, our partners and our customers.

4. "Great things come to an end"

I worked at CAN Capital full-time

Pros

It was a great company for the longest time. We made A Lot of money and had a great time while doing it.

Cons

If you were on the outbound team it was kind of tough.

Advice to Management

Keeping your people happy should always be #1.

Apr 10, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for taking time to give us a 4-star review. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the advice, keeping our people engaged is at the top of our priority list.

"Best to get out of business"

I worked at CAN Capital full-time

Pros

They have a staff writer in the company who is behind all the positive reviews on Glassdoor. Read them and you will notice the style is identical.

Cons

Once you are at CAN, you realize that it must have been a staff writer responsible for all the positive reviews.

Advice to Management

If you need to plant reviews on Glassdoor by a staff writer, what does it say about you.

Mar 26, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are proud of the authenticity of all our reviews, the positive (and yes, even the negative ones.) Glassdoor takes fraudulent activity very... More

6. "Asset Performance"

I worked at CAN Capital full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom and flexibility at the beginning.

Cons

Management became obsessive about micro-managing the employees and began massive layoffs.

Advice to Management

Micro manage less

Feb 14, 2018 – Communications

We’re sorry your experience at CAN Capital was less than positive. The company today is very different than what it was just a year ago, due to new investors and a new executive leadership team... More

"Good Company. Pioneer in their industry"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at CAN Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good overall compensation as long as you are willing to stay on the phones. Nice environment as well.

Cons

Dialing alone is outdated. Needed more technology know how for better marketing and understanding how the customer wants to be communicated with. People don't just want to be bombarded with calls now-a-days.

Advice to Management

Do more research on the best ways to communicate with existing and future customers. Understand how times change.

Feb 14, 2018 – Communications

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you pointing out our competitive compensation. We also appreciate your advice. We are excited about our future, and we thank you for being part of our history.

"Run like the wind"

I have been working at CAN Capital (More than 3 years)

Pros

A year since the mass layoff and the company crisis. Getting back on track has been a challenge. Pricing, lack of resources, lack of momentum. Desperate and hire people back that were laid off and then drop press - “fake news”. 2 lawyers and an accountant are the leadership team—what does that say.

Cons

There is not much to say that would not be a con. Go down the block and work for lending point or kabbage.

Advice to Management

Board--sell this place.

Jan 16, 2018 – Communications

There is no getting away from the fact that a review like this gives us pause. We are disappointed and sorry that you feel the way you do. 2017 was a watershed year for CAN Capital. Without question... More

"Collections Dies, Company Continues to Plummet"

Former Employee - Loan Collector in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Loan Collector in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at CAN Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros: Casual clothing atmosphere, paid holidays off

Cons

Con: Do not join the collections department team. I worked here for over 4 years and it continues to plummet in morale and in toxic leadership. The managers have created a culture of micromanagement, and they become obsessed with random performance metrics that they decide matter more than collecting dollars, which they make mandatory knowing it will cut your opportunity to make commission checks. They use data from completely different industries to come up with their key performance metrics of the moment, and their favorite thing to do is point out how it’s consistently the individual employees fault for any lack of dollars collected. Morale is at an all-time low and will only get lower. They do not care about their Collectors - not as employees, not as coworkers, not as human beings. They just laid off 1/3 of the Collectors, and this was AFTER the magical restart!

"Great things lie ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at CAN Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's great to be back in business after a hiatus of several months. The leadership has a good business plan and is invested in making the company a great place to work. In fact the company is in the middle of its third annual employee engagement survey. We have clarity on goals and priorities, we have regular communication from leadership and with the business growing again, there are opportunities to grow for employees as well. The paid time off policy was upgraded with more holidays and floating days. Cross- department collaboration is great- everyone works together to fix issues and meet business goals. We work hard and we celebrate our successes and milestones together. It feels great to be part of this company.

Cons

There's always room for improvement. Some business systems and tools could be more user friendly and faster.