KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 458 of over 490 reviews

4.5
CARFAX Chief Executive Officer Bill Eager
Bill Eager

What people are saying about CARFAX

Join the conversation on

Consulting

24d

a

Business Development Senior Manager

Somebody hit my parked car while they were pulling out of a space. I have all of their information, but would I be better going outside of insurance to keep this "accident" off the carfax for when I eventually sell? Or am I overthinking it and I should just go the safe route?

14 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great work life balance and the list goes on.(in 74 reviews)
  • "I truly believe the company wants to be a place of great culture.(in 49 reviews)
  • "Great people and teams(in 37 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great.(in 32 reviews)
  • "swim factor is scary, but the teams are so great that you really have to try to fail.(in 17 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CARFAX and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Work Life Balance

Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Carfax's motto is "Work Hard, Play Hard" and that's exactly how it is. We work hard, but there is a very healthy work life balance. The 4 day summer work weeks are a huge part of this.

Cons

There haven't been any cons so far.

CARFAX Response

Thank you for the great review! We hope you're enjoying the 4 day summer work week to recharge!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Culture

Jul 11, 2022 - SoftwareQA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people, great company

Cons

Nothing particular, way to go

CARFAX Response

and a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and we hope you are onboarding well and enjoying your summer!

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overall a good company

Aug 1, 2022 - Field Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good product, overall good management, Fridays off in the summer. If you can produce, the pay plan will reward you.

Cons

My sales territory changed significantly AFTER I was hired which strongly increased overnight travel. I would have never accepted the position had I known this. Management likes to talk out of both sides of their mouth - they tell you to take your PTO then penalize you for not hitting your "metrics" while you were gone.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work!

Jul 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Relaxed environment (folks still work hard!) - Good pay - Generous benefits

Cons

- Things can be a bit disorganized - Too many meetings - At times, there are "too many chefs in the kitchen" and decisions take much longer than they should

CARFAX Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review because we appreciate this feedback (both positive and areas where we can improve)! Share some of your ideas with us via the Work Smarter initiative on how we can address some of the items you mentioned. Have a great summer!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work-life balance

Jul 5, 2022 - Business Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

New ideas are welcome Inclusion in decision making Ample time to train and understand Easy time-off Well paced work load

Cons

No 4-day work weeks in winters

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing products and culture

Jun 25, 2022 - Regional Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture, great products and wonderful team

Cons

Not getting to see teammates very often due to COVID

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Jun 1, 2022 - Automation Engineer in Columbia, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Telecommuting, Fridays off during the Summer, lots of celebrations with food and snacks, Wednesday lunch in the office, dogs allowed at work, inclusive culture, very casual and laid-back. Work/Life balance is the best I've ever experienced in the many years I've been working. Management is open-door policy and trustworthy. No reddit antiwork stories here!

Cons

Things move very fast, sometimes too quickly. Organization is flat, so if you don't love your job, you may get frustrated at the lack of advancement. Medical coverage used to be outstanding but has increased in price and benefits cut in the past few years.

CARFAX Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for your long time contribution! We appreciate your kind words and suggestions to improve! We hope you are enjoying your summer.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The grass is greener here than anywhere I've ever worked.

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture, great work life balance

Cons

Nothing crazy, just a lot of meetings in my department

CARFAX Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to read that you are experiencing our awesome culture and we hope you are enjoying your summer!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good work life balance

May 23, 2022 - Product Developer in Centerville, Optional[VA]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning growth. Good work culture and life balance

Cons

Less salary structure compared around that area and other things

CARFAX Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review especially as a former employee. We hope you are enjoying your summer.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Former

May 23, 2022 - Account Executive in Centreville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment , great people, no micro managing

Cons

No change in product , not willing to negotiate price, monotonous, customers are tough to deal with

CARFAX Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for all of your contributions while you were here. We're mission driven here and always looking to improve so thank you for your review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 458 Reviews

CARFAX Reviews FAQs

CARFAX has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 490 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at CARFAX to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CARFAX employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CARFAX. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

90% of CARFAX employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CARFAX 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CARFAX to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with CARFAX Job Seekers