CARFAX Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
CARFAX President Richard Raines
Richard Raines

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work-life balance is surreal (in 65 reviews)

• The company buys lunch on Fridays, has dogs in the office, and provides fun break areas such as game systems or putt putt (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Flat organization - not much room for growth up the chain (in 7 reviews)

• I have no cons to add for Carfax (in 11 reviews)

1. "Incredible Culture and Team"

Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing, some of the most incredible people I've ever met. Genius developers and great senior team.

Cons

I can't even think of one!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people!

2. "Awesome but with limits"

I have been working at CARFAX full-time

Pros

great environment, cool people, fun work, great work/life balance, bright and open office, lots of free food, all the coffee and tea you can down in a work day

Cons

'good ol' boy' system very prominent, pay is lacking, transparency depends on the department, no set standard across the company

Advice to Management

more set standards need to be set across departments, documentation needs to be a must, management should be present on the floor and not in all day meetings 98% of every week

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Flexible time off for work-life balance and excellent benefits. You represent the strongest most trusted consumer brand in the automotive space. There is a lot of pride in the CARFAX product. Constant innovation keeps conversations with clients fresh.

Cons

Flat organizational chart. Can be very challenging to move up within the company if you are unwilling to move based on how the territories are cut. Heavier focus put on sales of new products. “Small company feel” is changing with increase in employees.

Advice to Management

Keep the CARFAX Culture in tact. Consider feedback from the field staff on various topics, product, market performance, etc.

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX (More than a year)

Pros

The Wolfpack rocks! We have monthly contests, which really gets me motivated to sell. Basically you get gift cards for doing your job every month---which is to sell. Management is very open and there to support you. Monthly meetings to review calls and critique calls. Hours are extremely flexible (just make sure to hit your numbers!). Free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Metrics can be a pain sometimes. 7 Dials/hour, 28% occupancy (~2 hours talk time/day). Sounds easy, but it's hard to get dealers on the phone at times. Also...I do wish that MGMT would recognize that territories can play a factor at times. I've seen bad reps have great months and I've seen great reps have bad months. Someone that is assigned all rural areas is expected to reach the same goal as someone with all metro areas. Overall, you can still do really well here, but I do wish that territories were at least considered.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"4 years and counting for a reason..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

(1) The CARFAX Game Plan. Our game plan keeps everyone across the company, in every role, aligned and focused in order to achieve great things. People who work here know what they are doing and how it contributes to the overall company mission. Sounds simple, but it takes a great plan and great leaders to make it happen. (2) The People. I've never worked for a company where so many are so dedicated, and so passionate, about the work they do. Going the extra mile is not a rare find at CARFAX, it's the norm.

Cons

Every job has good days and bad days, but after working in other places, you realize a bad day at CARFAX is better than a good day in most other companies.

Advice to Management

CARFAX continues to grow, and good internal communication is needed now more than ever. Consider dedicating a resource to making this the best it can be.

6. "Field Sales"

Current Employee - Field Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Time off/Work life balance
    401K Match

Cons

I haven’t found any yet.....

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Flexible Schedule, Unique Culture, Great People

Cons

No job is perfect, but nothing negative is coming to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employee feedback. It's great to truly feel our opinions and concerns are taken into consideration.

8. "Excellent Vision and Product Leadership!"

I have been working at CARFAX full-time

Pros

Often talked about is CARFAX's culture, which is pretty special. They promote an open work environment where everyone can contribute to the overall company goals and objectives, and successes are celebrated regularly. However, CARFAX's true value is in how they always strive to provide the very best products and services in support of their customers. They don't rest on being the leader in it's space, and are always in pursuit of making improvements and finding innovative ways to being the best and most trusted tool in the market. They are also led by a strong leadership team that clearly communicates the company's vision and objectives, and regularly seeks input from it's employees on the direction and execution of its corporate game plan.

Cons

CARFAX is a lean organization where they try to do more with less, so there aren't always opportunities for individuals to move up.

9. "One of the best places I've worked!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Centreville, VA

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, fantastic co-workers and an innovative group of people. There is very little drama or ego throughout the company. Goals and mission is clearly defined and almost everyone is looking to help you succeed.

Excellent work / life balance and great benefits!

No company is perfect, but CARFAX really does try to put it's employees first and have fun while working to drive the business forward.

Cons

Can't really think of anything major.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "My resume is no longer needed!"

I have been working at CARFAX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at CARFAX for over two years and can honestly say that I absolutely love working here. I’m over the age of 45 meaning that I have worked in many places/environments so I’m not saying this place is great because it’s my first job out of school, but saying it from experience having seen some bad places. This company truly embodies the saying “Work/life balance” and literally goes out of their way to keep employees happy. Everybody that’s here is happy to be here and almost every day is a great day. Teammates are friends and where in many places on Friday you say “See ya Monday’ here it’s often “What happening this weekend?”. The work environment is casual, laid back but also HIGHLY collaborative and team oriented which sets up everyone for success. Six months ago I stood in the office and tore up my resume as I have decided that I have found my final job and can’t imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

Honestly the only 'cons' I can think of would be petty and not worth listing.