Cover image for CARFAX

Found 486 of over 519 reviews

4.1
CARFAX Chief Executive Officer Bill Eager
Bill Eager

What people are saying about CARFAX

Join the conversation on

Consulting

7m

a

Business Development Senior Manager

Somebody hit my parked car while they were pulling out of a space. I have all of their information, but would I be better going outside of insurance to keep this "accident" off the carfax for when I eventually sell? Or am I overthinking it and I should just go the safe route?

14 Comments

Tech

638.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=CARFAX~106708
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about CARFAX? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with CARFAX employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great work life balance and the list goes on.(in 77 reviews)
  • "Great people and teams(in 46 reviews)
  • "I truly believe the company wants to be a place of great culture.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great.(in 35 reviews)
  • "swim factor is scary, but the teams are so great that you really have to try to fail.(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CARFAX and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great Work Life Balance

Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Carfax's motto is "Work Hard, Play Hard" and that's exactly how it is. We work hard, but there is a very healthy work life balance. The 4 day summer work weeks are a huge part of this.

Cons

There haven't been any cons so far.

CARFAX Response

Thank you for the great review! We hope you're enjoying the 4 day summer work week to recharge!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good work environment

Jan 25, 2023 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely good work environment. Unmatched.

Cons

Went from fully remote to hybrid (in-office) mandatorily. Pay is slightly below industry average.

3. Join the CARFAX team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Company, Culture, Benefits

Jan 11, 2023 - Digital Marketing Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great People - Great Jobs - Great Culture - Working Remotely - Solid Pay (at least for Remote Workers, might be low if local) - Great Benefits (just added 26 weeks of maternity and paternity leave!)

Cons

- Forcing certain employees locally to go back into office a certain number of days per week mandatory. - Very flat organization, not much room for upward advancement. - Upper Management can be a little disconnected from what other employee feedback is

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be great

Jan 31, 2023 - Inside Sales Representative in Centreville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had great perks and a fun environment. Lot's of vacation time. I left a few years earlier. Glassdoor wouldn't allow the date to go back far enough.

Cons

When they went public they hired a lot of sales reps that ended up splitting up territories so small that it made sales goals much very hard to reach. Commissions also were less because the tiers were raised.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

CARFAX has a mature culture

Jan 31, 2023 - Software Engineering Manager in Columbia, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mature Culture Great work life balance Great Teams

Cons

Tech is a little outdated Almost too relaxed, hard to succeed No real advancement opportunities

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Jumping ship! Don't Stay for More Than 3 Years

Jan 24, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of food, lots of friendly coworkers, interesting work

Cons

-99% of the company dislikes the return to office mandate. We miss the old CEO, Richard Raines. As a result, a bunch of people caught COVID at the company party 2 weeks ago. -Total compensation increases of only about 2% to 3% per year. -End of year "bonus" should really be allocated throughout the year as part of normal paychecks. Company fires people before bonuses are paid so as to save on compensation, despite the company being ridiculously profitable. -No mentoring or systems in place to grow employees. Ask some of the leaders about coaching and mentorship and they look at you like you have 3 heads. -Some leaders gaslight their teams and/or throw people under the bus. -It's a career cemetary, so don't stay more than 3 years or you'll be left in the dust by workers outside the company. -Very little turnover at the director and VP levels, resulting in some of the same outdated and stale mentalities for decades on end. -Some employees are really drunk on the Carfax kool-aid and are happy to do the exact same job at Carfax for 10+ years while gaining 20 lbs. If you are a career-minded professional, run away and never look back.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great Benefits and Family

Jan 15, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great great Great Great Great

Cons

no cons at the moment thanks

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't believe the hype

Jan 25, 2023 - Business Data Analyst in Centreville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch every Friday Clean, new office building Events for holidays Friendly coworkers (mostly) Cute dogs

Cons

Open office plan, open stairwells, open everything: noise carries, voices echo, constantly listening to people shouting in the stairwell or playing basketball in the lobby, really hard to focus on detailed technical work Parties for every milestone & holiday makes you wonder if anybody ever works, but if you try to focus and catch up on work you're treated as antisocial Management gives lip service to wanting honest feedback & ways to improve, but never listens or does anything with it Overly bright fluorescent lights & neon color everything can cause headaches StrengthsFinder = BS Salary doesn't keep pace with your skills, you can learn a lot and do more for the company but they won't pay you for it Health insurance was mediocre at best Supervisors are terrible at project management and blame their staff for not meeting unrealistic deadlines Quick to let people go when underperforming with little chance for recovery The "work hard play hard" super-extrovert cult mindset is valued more than education or actual technical skills All the conference rooms have glass walls so there's no way to have a private conversation Honestly the parties and constant noise is obnoxious and there's no escaping it Cliquey feel within departments feels like high school part 2 No technical documentation so you have to figure everything out from scratch Won't allow even technical staff to install anything on their computer without going through the IT request bureaucracy Treat the software devs like royalty but the analysts like peasants Constant turnover & dumping people's work on others Very resistant to work from home for no reason (pre-pandemic) Total lack of support & unwillingness to accommodate employees while dealing with personal crisis No way to block abusive communication from a colleague in another department, while manager just shrugs instead of dealing with it

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company Atmosphere

Jan 23, 2023 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally, a very friendly place to work. Very good communication from upper management on company vision. Overall, good collaboration with colleagues.

Cons

Pay and benefits are a low point.

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Jan 5, 2023 - Business Analyst in Centerville, Goochland, Optional[VA]
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love what to do for my job and enjoy every moment of work. I can balance my work and family life which is so importance for me.

Cons

I do have positive attitude for everything and I can't think about anything negative.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 486 Reviews
</>Embed

CARFAX Reviews FAQs

CARFAX has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 519 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at CARFAX to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CARFAX employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CARFAX. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

82% of CARFAX employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CARFAX 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CARFAX to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with CARFAX Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CARFAX? Share Your Experiences

CARFAX logo

CARFAX Careers

Cover image for CARFAX

We are a premier tech company using data to change the game in the automotive space! We build products that help millions of people make...More

• Our Culture
  • Our Tech Stack
  • What employees say
  • Perks

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

99 days ago

Careers
It's been great getting to know John Steuber as part of our #igniteseries. John recently joined our #businessanalytics team as a #pricinganalyst and has already made a big impact. He’s been impressed by the high standards his teammates hold themselves and their projects to, and it continually inspires him to do his best work. Not only has he been able to strengthen his technical abilities alongside our many experts, but he's also become a more holistic analyst. John appreciates the freedom he is given to take the time to truly understand and explore the data he works with in his role. We're excited to see what John accomplishes with us and we're lucky to have him on our team! #carfaxcareers #teamcarfax
Shared image - CARFAX on LinkedIn: #igniteseries #businessanalytics #pricinganalyst
CARFAX on LinkedIn: #igniteseries #businessanalytics #pricinganalyst
www.linkedin.com

139 days ago

Careers
As part of our #igniteseries we're featuring Michael Jones, one of our amazing Product Researchers on the CARFAX Marketing Team. A big part of Michael's role is to engage with our consumers to understand their perceptions, behaviours, and intentions towards our products. Our Product Researchers are critical to our success as we are constantly working to tailor our products to consumer needs and preferences. If you'd like to be a part of a creative and collaborative Marketing team, check out our available opportunities at https://bit.ly/3S23twI. #teamcarfax #carfaxcareers #igniteseries
Shared image - See open Marketing positions at CARFAX here.
See open Marketing positions at CARFAX here.
bit.ly

CARFAX Photos

+ Add Photo
CARFAX photo of: Our new CEO Bill Eager
CARFAX photo of: touch screen
CARFAX photo of: front reception
CARFAX photo of: The journey continues
CARFAX photo of: let the Kombucha flow!
CARFAX photo of: Meeting up with colleagues
CARFAX photo of: we're #1!

Expert Career Advice

Custom Ink Logo
Custom Ink

3.9

Compare

Glassdoor has 519 CARFAX reviews submitted anonymously by CARFAX employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if CARFAX is right for you.