CAT Financial "good people" Reviews | Glassdoor

CAT Financial Employee Reviews about "good people"

Found 88 reviews

3.5
Kent M. Adams
Pros
  • "Depending on the situation/circumstances, work/life balance is very understanding and reasonable(in 12 reviews)

• "Great benefits, great pay, cafeteria and gym(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "The company has decided to penalize long-time experienced employees by promoting new college hires that have been put in a college rotation program(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews

"How long will you be useful to CFSC ?"

I worked at CAT Financial full-time

Pros

Good pay for a limited time some good people

Cons

Are you popular as far as extracurricular groups are concerned?

Advice to Management

Caterpillar Financial claims to be a high and mighty ethically and morally righteous company that lives by its “Shared Values”. The reality is that they are more than willing to throw employees under the bus that they feel are being paid too much. They fabricate narratives of incompetence to substantiate their termination of said employee. Keep in mind they got rid of me, about 12 months after my cancer diagnosis...

CAT Financial2018-05-02

"Finance Foundations Program"

I worked at CAT Financial full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits, good people, other perks like cafeteria and gym. It really is a great place to start a career.

Cons

Extremely bureaucratic. Training across the company is terrible. The company as a whole seems resistant to adapting its culture to what modern companies offer: flexible schedules, work-from-home, casual attire, etc. This is causing a lot people in the FFP program to seek employment at companies that are able to offer these benefits that many young professionals are looking for. Especially when work -life balance may not...

Advice to Management

Adapt to change. Take interests and skills of FFP's into account when determining rotations. Focus on training.

CAT Financial2017-02-19
  3. "Good Career Start"

I worked at CAT Financial full-time

Pros

Strong, stable company. Talented workforce. Good people.

Cons

You must be globally mobile to move up in the company. You also must be willing to let a small group of leaders determine your career path.

CAT Financial2016-05-23

"Bad outlook for bad management"

Former Employee - FFP in Nashville, TN

I worked at CAT Financial full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good people who are fun to work with

Cons

Rotational program is five years and executive management is terrible

Advice to Management

Settling for "good" won't drive the business to farther success. Fire the CFO

CAT Financial2015-10-19

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Credit Administrator/Collections Specialist in SeaTac, WA

I worked at CAT Financial full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Excellent benefits. Genuinely good people, clean office, excellent compensation, Health benefits are reasonable and available on day one of employment.

Cons

Some job functions limit upward mobility. You may to make a career change in order to advance within the company.

Advice to Management

The HR confirmed a phone interview with the VP 3 days in advance. They called me at 9. Basically normal questions on the former experience, edu background.The interviewers are very nice however, I do not think I perform well. They asked many questions about your skills and past experience.

CAT Financial2015-07-28

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at CAT Financial for more than 2 years

Pros

Benefits, bonuses, salary, work/life balance are all good. People are friendly. On-site gym and dining center. Nice offices that are close to downtown. Great mobility if you want to move around the country or the world.

Cons

Not much room for learning or growth. Slow for promotions. Not enough work to go around. Boredom. Time served earns promotions rather than merit. That's not my job is commonly heard as well as I don't know period - not let me check into that. Lots of office politics. Slow to move on change.

Advice to Management

Encourage new thought and help people learn and grow rather than stagnate. Teach management to develop their employees to advance and succeed rather than to hold them back to better themselves.

CAT Financial2015-06-25

"Ok Company, Good People"

I have been working at CAT Financial full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Cat Financial has a good company culture and has good leadership behind the mission of the company, good people that are for the most part pleasant to work with.

Cons

Feeling trapped, due to being overpaid and stagnant career growth, time off is ok but managers make you feel bad when you use TOE

Advice to Management

Invest in employees and do some work

CAT Financial2015-02-18