CBC Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Benjamin B. Price

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free coffee, work/life balance is good, it's Better than nothing I suppose (in 7 reviews)

• Standard hours M-F from 8-5 with an hour for lunch in most departments and they will work with employees who need flexible hours (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is below market, 401k is a joke with a 6 year vesting schedule, very high turnover (in 6 reviews)

• Outdated dress code is the only con (in 4 reviews)

1. "It's a good company to work for if you plan on staying there for the rest of your career."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CBC Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're given a lot of freedom to design projects. It's more of a hybrid po/ba role. The company tends to bounce your responsibilities around.

Cons

Limited growth potential. The company operated in non-standardized ways, meaning I wouldn't recommend it to someone young that needs to learn those industry best practices.

2. "Crazy Expectations"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CBC Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Equipment, Hiring Process, Coffee Machine!

Cons

Crazy Quotas, Managers dont care about how much you are trying, you only get a couple minutes to help a customer and then you need to get off the phone, Extreme pressure to hit quotas.

Advice to Management

Understand that people need more help than others and that we want to improve if you allow us to.

3. "Department Manager"

I have been working at CBC Companies full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and work culture.

Cons

Large work loads for below average pay.

4. "Sr Developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH

I have been working at CBC Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loyal to employees, very stable work place, non-toxic work environment

Cons

Promotions out of longevity, not merit. No ability to think outside the box or to see opportunities that do not fit their narrow pre-conceptions. Maintaining the status-quo is far more important than the pursuit of excellence.

Advice to Management

who cares if a company can produce the best possible 8-track tape player? Don't give up the work/life balance or compromise your integrity, but try to be technologically relevant and seriously re-think who you promote.

5. "Software engineer"

Former Employee - Tier II Internal Developer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Tier II Internal Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at CBC Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started I was actually working for dataverify as a voe specialist. After 6 months I asked if they had any positions which might help me get my foot in the door as far as software development was Concerned. They obliged and I was given a position as a software engineer working on their call tracking application. My manager at that point is the only thing I can really look back and reflect on. He was a great guy.

Cons

The pay was terrible. After 1 year in a Jr position they only provided a 3% raise. Apparently even that was too much and I was laid off. I got hired elsewhere a month later making 20k more.

As others have mentioned they really pushed their christian ideals down people's throats. As someone who is non religious I found it totally inappropriate.

Advice to Management

After several years I don't have much to add. Quit pushing religion on your employees. Update your dress code policies, and pay your employees better.

"Real talent and Millennials should run away from this place"

Former Employee - Network Administrative in Upper Arlington, OH
    Former Employee - Network Administrative in Upper Arlington, OH

I worked at CBC Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee, work/life balance is good, it's Better than nothing I suppose. it's a serious struggle to say anything else positive Other than your fellow victims I mean employees can be good.

Cons

Weird conservative culture, good ole boys galore, they snoop into your personal life, they are terrified of being sued(they must be up to something non-legit). All in all there was a weird vibe that told me to hurry and get another job as soon as possible before I am wired up and lobotomized in the basement.

Advice to Management

There is just too much wrong with this place to give any advice. Perhaps a complete overhaul and the price's need to keep their Christianity to themselves and stop forcing it down employees throats.

7. "Easy going"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CBC Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very laid back environment. Everyone is easy to get along with and the meetings are very productive. It makes it easy to plan things.

Cons

People tend to come and go. There are a lot of young people that don't stay long. There's a tendency of training new people.

"Operations"

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Columbus, OH

I worked at CBC Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers were dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service - low turn times on written requests and short wait times on inbound calls.

Cons

The company defaulted to recruiting recent college graduates to take advantage of fresh perspectives, though this lowered the experience level in the group.

"The company that time forgot"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at CBC Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CBC Companies has many people who are truly dedicated to helping customers. In my time at CBC, I had the good fortune of working with some very talented individuals. Most of CBC's business lines and products are excellent, often better than their competitors.

Cons

Their pay structure is terrible, Their benefits are poor. They are likely in violation of wage and hour laws (treated like an hourly employee when you're salaried). Their management policies and dress code are outdated. It's a family owned business, which means it's not always professionally run. Employees are often subject to the whims of the family members. It's definitely a male dominated company - a good amount of "good old boys network." Lots of family micromanagement. The company succeeds largely on the backs of low-paid hourly workers. They hire a surprising number of very talented people, but lose them to family mismanagement.

Advice to Management

Come into the modern era with management styles, policies, systems, pay, benefits, and dress code.

"They hire you for full time but expect a temp job. NOT A HONEST COMPANY"

Pros

The hours 8 to 5 is the only pro that is about the only pro about the company your always in fear that your going to lose your job.

Cons

The pay sucks, they micromanage. They say they are Christians but then treat you like your no one. Very high turn over. TAKE MY ADVICE RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOUR LOOKING FOR A TEMPORARY JOB AND WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE CRAP.
    Health insurance sucks . They get rid of good talented hard working individuals that worked their butt off for them they do not give a crap about you, your disposable to them. I watched a lot of good people go out the door.

If your looking in becoming a customer of theirs go with someone else you will be better off in the long run. They are not a honest company.

Advice to Management

Give credit for all work done.
    When you realize that you are wrong it will be to late for your business. When you take care of employees they will take care of your business it's called Good KARMA If your Christians your certainly not acting like it. It will catch up to you eventually, I honestly do not know how u sleep at night.
    Stop changing everything