CBL & Associates Properties General Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Charles B. Lebovitz
  1. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CBL has some very talented people working at their properties. Good benefits, health, vision and dental.

Cons

Corporate Office disconnected with field staff. Demand unrealistic goals constantly pushing you to do more! Threatening tactics at times. Too many VPs, good old boys club!

Advice to Management

Treat the field staff better! The income generated at your properties comes from their hard work and dedication.

CBL & Associates Properties2018-09-12
  2. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many exceptional employees throughout the company.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments Stagnant wages Lack of employee appreciation Disconnect between corporate office and field staff Lack of investment in properties Lack of innovation Distressed industry and organization Unethical business practices -recently settled class action lawsuit for $90 million

Advice to Management

Communicate. Trust your employees.

CBL & Associates Properties2019-04-23

"When it's good, it's all good, but when it's bad-look out!"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are a very family oriented company. They have great relationships within the company. I feel like I have been compensated very generously.

Cons

They focus too much on ROI! They need to extinguish the realtionship with ERMC that is slowly sucking the life out of our properties. Everyone rushes to make everything look pretty when we have a property review when in reality the property has their hands locked and not able to do what it takes to make the property look nice and run smoothly through out the year. Some regionals seldom visit properties and dont offer...

Advice to Management

Review top management and make a change! Their needs to be more input from outsiders instead of the same key ones that does not bring in a freshness or new prospective to what management should be.

CBL & Associates Properties2014-10-06
  4. "No respect"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties

Pros

They have a great conference once a year for the Assistant General Managers, but other than that the communication within the company is terrible.

Cons

There is no room for growth in the company. There is a lot of pressure to perform in your role, but the support is not there from upper management. Raises have not been given in over 4 years and commissions have been cut in half for 4 years.

CBL & Associates Properties2012-02-22