CBRE Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

3.6
CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic
Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
Cons
  • The workload can be demanding making work life balance tough sometimes, even though the pay is decent it may not be commensurate with work (in 49 reviews)

• There is little upper management interaction/ supervision (in 39 reviews)

"Decent Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer employees discounts and a good amount of vacation time, etc. They're good at providing employees with updates of how the company is doing, plans for the future, and their infrastructure is fairly easy to understand and navigate.

Cons

Career advancement lacking. You cannot really grow without either changing jobs or business lines and that can be almost impossible since there is prejudice between the lines of business especially in brokerage. Many people are hired into the brokerage team through nepotism, cliches, or favoritism.

Company is only culturally diverse at the bottom rungs of the organization which typically are the janitorial, facilities, and security personnel. Upper management is primarily all white men.

Medical benefits are significantly lacking. I found it to be more cost effective to purchase medical coverage on my own and I was also to get a better plan that covered more than what the company was offering. For such a large company, it definitely raises some questions.

Advice to Management

Hiring one or two white women into executive leadership does not qualify as "culturally diverse." Get rid of the nepotism, sexual bias, and racism and you'll have a better more well-rounded work force and company as a whole.

Also, take care of your employees by offering good medical coverage. A healthy employee is a happy employee and one that is more likely to do a good job and stay with the company.

"Great company"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at CBRE (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful talented people at this company
    Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Managers changing roles and clients, etc.

Advice to Management

Focus a bit more on web-based training

"Okay"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements are a plus when applicable and the compensation is pretty good. They also offer an employee discount on personal cell phone service and other discounts.

Cons

Their medical plan is flat out lousy for such a large company. I had to actually go and purchase a plan through the health care marketplace since the company plans covered little to nothing at all.

They also claim that there is opportunity for advancement, but that's really not the case. It's all on who you know and company politics. I've seen many people not follow proper hiring procedures to get their family and friends hired.

Many of the online systems that we use are extremely slow and resources are scarce. They say they're investing more into the systems that we use, but little has been shown to prove this.

Advice to Management

Just review the cons section.

5. "Good Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at CBRE as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Learned a lot from all departments
    -Employees were very willing to let me tag along
    -Friendly atmosphere

Cons

-Internship was not very structured

Showing 4 of 1,785 reviews