CBS Interactive Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Aug 30, 2020

3.7
CBS Interactive CEO Marc DeBevoise
Marc DeBevoise
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management here makes many mistakes and it's the entry level workers that pay the price(in 24 reviews)

• "Extremely low pay for the amount of work involved(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic Company, Low Pay"

Current Contractor - Senior Interactive Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CBS Interactive for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming work environment. Genuinely fun co-workers. The nurturing of individuality and creativity.

Cons

Extremely low pay for the amount of work involved. Mostly short-term contracts with no extension.

Continue reading
  2. "Good pay"

Former Contractor - B2B Marketing Specialist

I worked at CBS Interactive for less than a year

Pros

Work environment Bonus pay opportunities Quick training Bonus opportunities Friendly managment

Cons

No pay on off days High dial requirement Work can get a bit tedious sometimes No pay when office closes No career growth opportunity

3. "Producer/Writer"

I worked at CBS Interactive full-time

Pros

Nice work environment, free range to be creative, good team of people

Cons

Non traditional hours but that is to be expected for the media industry

4. "Marketing"

I have been working at CBS Interactive full-time

Pros

- Great company - Friendly working environment - Good Benefits

Cons

- Not enough free food for employees

5. "Great Company to work for."

I have been working at CBS Interactive full-time

Pros

-Great work environment and culture -engaging work

Cons

-pay can be a little under market.

Senior Manager, Talent Operations

Thanks for the positive review, we appreciate your feedback! It is great that you have enjoyed the the work environment and culture. I’m sorry to hear that you feel that the pay is a little under market.. As you may know, there are several factors that go into developing and executing our pay philosophy and our goal is to reward performance at both the monetary and non-monetary levels. With that in mind, we look at compensation data several times per year to ensure we are offering pay in line with current market trends. Please do keep up the great work!

"Difficult Management, Good For Short-Term and Starting Out In Digital Media"

Digital Content Producer in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at CBS Interactive for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about working in this office was the camaraderie. It was easy to make friends with other web and content producers because management hires people from all over the country, so there are a lot of transplants and people new to the area. It's easy to make friends. Everyone loves sports, so it's easy to talk about and fosters a laid-back, casual work environment. Most people dress casually as well, often wearing basketball shorts and jeans. If you managed to be promoted to a leadership position, you get benefits and a 401K. The job helps you learn basic skills in digital media to be able to pursue jobs in design and web production.

Cons

The CBS Sports Digital brand has lost a lot of business over the past several years, which unfortunately has led to layoffs in certain departments like tech and design. I saw few to zero women promoted to managerial and leadership positions in my department. A big problem is that the director and managers are disconnected with their employees and promote the wrong people. Managers are quick to judge and that first impression sticks with a person throughout their time there. I saw some people who struggled during training or asked too many questions be discounted for promotions later on, even though they grew into their roles. Most of the managers have odd personalities and can be difficult. They will not hesitate to throw an employee under the bus. Those who play office politics, i.e., be a "yes man" have more success. It's all about "playing the game," which is a disadvantage for some like the more serious or introverted worker. Regrettably, people who don't play the game are often marginalized or even bullied and their ideas are not heard. I hope the experience in my office doesn't represent the values of the CBS Interactive brand as a whole, but I found this particular work environment almost toxic and was grateful to move on to a different company.

7. "Digital Revenue Specialist"

I have been working at CBS Interactive full-time

Pros

Work Environment and Decent Perks

Cons

Corporate Structure and PTO Structure

8. "supervisor"

I worked at CBS Interactive full-time

Pros

great working environment and people

Cons

never had a bad thing to say

Senior Manager, Talent Operations

We love our offices and people, too! Thanks for giving them a shout-out :)

9. "Great atmosphere and leadership, could be more communicative"

Staff Writer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CBS Interactive

Pros

Good pay, respectful attitudes from management, and a supportive work environment that lets you contribute to the team in your individual way.

Cons

Could use a clearer understanding of management structure as well as what my opportunities for growth in the company are.

Continue reading

Senior Manager, Talent Operations

Thanks for the taking the time to leave a review! I love to hear that you feel supported in your role. As an organization, we strive to provide a platform where all employees can contribute to the team and speak their mind. I also appreciate your desire for a more clear management structure. At an organization like ours, where there are ~30 different brands each having their own management teams, the overall structure of the organization can get muddled. With this in mind, the executive team is working on ways to help with this visibility including more company announcements and updates.

10. "Good Experience"

I have been working at CBS Interactive

Pros

Good work environment to work at.

Cons

Less benefits compared to others.

Found 40 reviews