CBSbutler Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

CBSbutler Reviews

Updated December 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

4.1
David Leyshon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fun and Friendly"

I have been working at CBSbutler part-time

Pros

I worked at CBSbutler for over 5 years. The people and management were great. Really good incentives, lots of career progression, 121 weekly catch ups with line manager. Flexible working and competitive salary.

Cons

Need a car to work there.

"Multi award-winning company who cares"

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly the best company I have ever worked for. Built on good values and ethics.

Staff are treated with respect. Its hard to find a company that cares for the employees.

Just to names a few of the PROS

• Fast growth
    • Highly supportive environment
    • Nice modern office
    • Co workers are like family
    • Great Salaries
    • Healthcare
    • Quarterly Bonus Scheme

Cons

There are none…CBSbutler definitely reward hard work.

Advice to Management

No Complaints here - keep up the outstanding work.

"Professional and FUN!"

Current Employee - Resourcer in Redhill, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcer in Redhill, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at CBSbutler (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly 1 2 1 meetings with line managers - clear goals for the week. Targets are being worked out individually and are achievable. Fair commission scheme for resourcers and consultants. Very professional approach. Continuous training provided by line managers and internal trainer. Very effective admin team.

Such a FUN place to work for. There are fantastic incentives (overseas travel, vouchers, meals, a weekend away) to reward individual and company success.

Cons

Dress down Fridays - no denim allowed.

Advice to Management

Team lunches - let's have these more often.

"Plenty of positives - Few negatives !"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Redhill, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly family environment (good mix of age groups and life experience within the company) - No commission threshold - Good basic salary - Car allowance - Good social activities - Collaborative working environment - Tranquil and relaxing surroundings - Good opportunities to develop your career/niche vertical with defined career progression and criteria to gain promotions.

Cons

Difficult location unless you drive

"Great Career Progression"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in South Nutfield, England (UK)

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started at CBSbutler in April 2014 as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant. Within 4 years, I have been promoted to a Senior Consultant with a realistic chance of earning a six-figure salary - all at the tender age of 22. While hard work is the key, I would not have got here without the support my direct Manager and the wider management team who always supported me and advised when needed.

I also recently enjoyed an all-expense paid trip to Barcelona for a long weekend after achieving 110% of my annual target.

Cons

+ Not easy to get to if you don't drive.
    + The gym could do with some free weights

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the staff
    I think that dress down Friday should include Denim Jeans and Tops with no collars.

"A great company for those looking to succeed!"

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CBSbutler offers those who are looking to create a successful career in recruitment a strong platform to achieve their goals. For those who work hard and put in the effort, this is a great company which will allow you to be successful and have a strong earning potential.

There is a strong progression structure which is clearly road-mapped, an enjoyable working environment and fun incentives, like Company Race Days or City Breaks to Barcelona.

Cons

Location can be difficult for those without a vehicle, some of the processes can seem a little complicated.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the company values.

"Progression"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Redhill, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Redhill, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• Been here 4 years and progressed from Graduate Trainee to managing a team of 3
    • Significant earning potential with various overrides (additional earning potential) for perm only desk and dual desks.
    • Extensive training both internally and funded external courses
    • Job security - the company definitely looks after those employees who perform or have the right attitude and work hard to perform better - job security even even under performing but trying
    • Addtional incentives outside of commission - Holliday (went to Barcelona this year, Vegas next!), vouchers, regular bottles of wine, an extra 10% bonus paid out once hit annual budget.
    • I and many colleagues recently received a 5 figure share option payout simply for hitting 110% of annual target, following the sale of the company. An incentive paid for out of the Directors’ own pocket.
    • Laid back, friendly atmosphere - lots of fun people, good work life balance

Cons

• It’s is true that some commission is withheld pending successfully hitting targets, then paid back at end of quarter if targets are hit. This can be frustrating if you have a bad quarter (especially so as a manager when your targets are tied into team performance), however this has rarely ever come into play for me/those who perform!
    • More funded, company-wide socials could be arranged - preferably on week days/ afternoons e.g. team away days, Barcelona taking place during week days rather than weekend.
    • CBSbutler does support their staff above and beyond other companies, this can sometimes lead to people who are not performing being held on to for too long or being handed accounts to work (demotivating those who have earnt their own business)

Advice to Management

I would say continue to support those who work hard with the right attitude and be quicker to dismiss those who have the wrong work ethic, wrong attitude and basically, take the mick!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nutfield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nutfield, England (UK)

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CBSbutler recognise and reward hard work and this is reflected both in the monetary rewards and other social incentives such as an all expenses trip to Barcelona. Recently they have been acquired by a NASDAQ listed organisation and this has resulted in some very significant shares being paid out to most consultants working here at CBS. When the dust has settled on the acquisition I am excited to see what new opportunities arise from this change. When I first joined CBSbutler I was impressed with a supportive training programme which set me up for a successful career within the business. With all roles within sales you get out what you put in, here you certainly get rewarded handsomely for hard work and determination.

Cons

Location can be difficult sometimes - definitely need a vehicle to get to work

Advice to Management

Keep taking suggestions from staff - they are on the sales floor and will be the best people to suggest new ideas

"Out-dated & boring."

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time

Pros

A few funny characters floating about keeping people from losing heir minds from boredom.
    They paid a guarantee of commission when I joined
    Car parking (Essential, as its in the middle of no where)
    Once, the manager gave us £10 on a friday to go get some beers for a good week (Between 4 of us)

Great work life balance, close to home and everyone leave just after 5. If you are there at 6pm, you will be the only person in the office.

Cons

Fist few days here were the worst ever experience of my career. Sat with lots of recruiters and thought everyone would be very welcoming however, not one person made a real effort to say hello or get to know me and was just left to sit there on my own, take lunch on my own and just try and crack on. Lots of clicky little groups that almost didnt want any new friends sort of vibe.

Commission structure was horrible - holding back your hard earned commission for you 'to win a chance at getting it back if you performed very well in certain areas'

Place needs a revamp desperately.

They play recorded conversations on the speakers to try and 'create atmosphere'

Manager had no idea about my market.

The top billers have absolutely no interest in being there or sharing an insight to how they got there - just there to pick up there paychecks and leave.

Advice to Management

Change coms structure
    Play music in office
    Be inclusive
    Dress down friday should mean dress down friday, not 'you can take your tie off'

CBSbutler Response

Nov 21, 2017 – Operations Director

We were disappointed to read your recent review given that the reviewer’s claims are in fact significantly outdated? For example, we recently rewarded high-performing staff to the tune of c.£2.5m... More

"A great place to work"

I have been working at CBSbutler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great team spirit within the company everyone is supportive
    Great company values and ethos
    Excellent rewards and benefits for all staff
    A diverse place to work
    The companies offers challenging and exciting roles for personal growth and development
    Sales related jobs are rewarded on the success of hitting your targets
    Incentives to work hard are realistic and achievable
    Drive against the daily grind which makes it easy to get to work
    A very happy place to work

Cons

I haven't found any as I am very happy, I have a challenging role which I find really interesting