CC&N Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
CC&N CEO Lisa Reardon
Lisa Reardon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great advancement opportunities"

I have been working at CC&N full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced company that prides itself on customer focus and high standards. CC&N's ESOP culture ensures that the entire company will help meet the customer's needs all the way from design to install. Employees that perform exceptionally are noticed and treated accordingly.

Cons

The employee's strong sense of customer focus can lead to reactive decisions instead of responsive decisions.

Advice to Management

Set clear expectations and stand behind them.

2. "Parting Thoughts......"

I worked at CC&N full-time

Pros

When I started at CC&N a number of years ago, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. CC&N was and still is a faced paced, challenging, and dynamic work environment that allowed me to turn what I thought was just going to be a job into a full fledged career in Telecommunications. They helped me become the professional that I am today.

Cons

There is a tendency to overload high performers with already full workloads and internal communications can always use improvement.

Advice to Management

Do not sacrifice simplicity and fun while still trying to reach the ultimate goals.

"Wow, is this place backwards.... the left hand does't know what the right is doing, etc."

Former Employee - Design/Sales in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Design/Sales in Brookfield, WI

I worked at CC&N full-time

Pros

This company has a long and established history of being great in the cabling industry.

Myself and many colleagues have seen them complete very large projects for very large customers and the size and scope has certainly been impressive.

Cons

I do not recommend you work here, first of all. If you do, though: Watch your back! They continuously "re-structure" the whole place as if something will change, nothing ever does. Employees are only kept it seems IF they have special attachment to certain executives; Everyone else seems to be tossed out like trash. No notice to those who are taken out-- they will walk you out, in the middle of the week, you'll never see it coming. None of the others who were removed during my time there saw it coming, either...

Don't expect to ever be told the truth about your performance if you do end up working here (or told anything at all about your performance, for that matter). And what good is the ESOP if you aren't vested until 7 years? How many people even make it that long? So the time you are there, you're making money for all of the "old timers" and not for yourself.

No feedback, no reviews, no constructive criticism, not even any regular criticism!

Would NOT recommend you waste your time applying here. A certain few seem to fare much better than the average Joe. If you have a decent job, and you can keep it, please do it and save yourself a huge headache. Wish I never would have heard of this place myself.

These are only my personal recommendations and experiences.

Advice to Management

Changes are needed. WAY too many people up top. Also make sure pay and bonuses are fair for everyone- there seem to be some unfair things going on relative to bonuses. CEO needs to be more engaged and monitor/audit these things. Nobody will look you in the eye when they are planning to screw you over. At least have that much decency. And give people warnings- the employee handbook does not appear to correlate with what happens there at all.

These are only my personal recommendations and experiences.

4. "Great Career Opportunity!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at CC&N full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing at an unprecedented rate and there are unbelievable career opportunities for those who embrace change. I know that my input is incorporated into the plans that ultimately set the company strategy. Great team atmosphere.

Cons

Everyone always has the customers best interest at heart. Sometimes our lack of internal communication causes "good intention" collisions. We could certainly improve the quality of our internal communication.

Advice to Management

Let the strategic direction take root. Keep focusing on the core values roll-out, it is why we do what we do after all.

5. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at CC&N full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is an Employee owned company and the benefits are great! Watching my ESOP shares grow with the company is a huge value to my retirement and no other company in this field has anything like this. Not only what you receive each year but the growth of the account each year.
    The values of doing things right live within this company.
    The company also promotes from within. Anyone can come in and if they apply themselves and request more responsibility they are given the opportunity to advance.

Cons

The only thing that would be a con would be the growth of the company is happening at a very fast rate.

Advice to Management

Keep giving employees the opportunity to advance and also all of the training that is given to the new employees shows

"Designer/PM"

I worked at CC&N full-time

Pros

Freedom to work where needed (office or Home)

Cons

Lack of organization and consistent message

7. "Dispatched service trucks, admin and reception"

Former Employee - Dispatcher, Administrative and Reception in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Dispatcher, Administrative and Reception in Brookfield, WI

I worked at CC&N full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Their ESOP rocks, very good benefits, good salary package.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

"NOPE"

I worked at CC&N full-time

Pros

ESOP - stay and get vested to get something out of the company!

Cons

Wishy-Washy CCN President, NEXT Electric Management are jerks to work with and no one cares how they treat CCN employees. You are the greatest thing since slice bread until you quit and they say how bad of an employee you actually were and think it won't get back to you.

Advice to Management

Do you really think this is how an organization should run? no organization, Management working 60 hour weeks and expect others to do the same, your software suck and you have no real sales force that generates any new technology jobs and you can't hire any talent for installation. good luck glad I got my ESOP!

"Avoid!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I worked at CC&N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ESOP is great if you stay 7 years to be vested. The project managers were all nice guys. The CEO is the only member of upper management that is a decent human and seems to care about the employees.

Cons

All of the upper management hate each other and talks behind each others backs. The CFO isn't happy unless she's firing someone or making them cry. Don't expect any raises of promotions even if they tell you that you're doing a great job. Their turnover rate is insanely high. Don't expect to be allowed to take PTO or a lunch break.

Advice to Management

Get rid the managers that have been at the company for 25 years and find someone who knows what they are doing. Stop trying to grow so fast and focus on your internal issues. Upgrade the 20 year old software.

"Great place to work if......"

I worked at CC&N full-time

Pros

Upper management tries to be a good company.

Cons

If you like your co-workers being drunks and drug addicts then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to whom you hire. Maybe the reason your employers need to be told what and how to do things is because they are still drunk and high from the night before - EVERY DAY. Good grief.