CCA Global Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Howard Brodsky and Rick Bennet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "9 years and counting"

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CCA Global is the best employer I have ever worked for, especially the division I work in - ProSource National. Always a family first attitude. They allow flexibility in the hours you work and trust that you will get your work done without micromanagement. Employees have a tendency to stick around, which provides consistency for the franchisees we assist.
    The company also encourages the idea of everyone is treated and spoken to as equals, including the co CEOs. We are also encouraged to bring forth our ideas for improvement and expansion - a very entrepreneurial spirit.
    I have no intentions of leaving this company anytime soon.

Cons

I am sure there are some cons, but I guess the pros outweigh them so much that I cannot think of any. This company takes care of its people.

2. "Best Company I've every worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is an awesome company to work for. They have great perks and have fun events for employees and sometimes family. The background of the company comes from individuals that worked hard and sacrificed to get this company to where it is today.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

3. "A great place for motivated people"

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CCA is a great company to work for. They've been named a best company to work for in New Hampshire, and it's a recognition that is well deserved.
    Most departments are very demanding, but it's fast paced and rewarding. If you work in one of the retail divisions, you'll work with store owners and management. It's great to have a first hand understanding of the impact you can have on a family owned business.
    Other pros are: friendly atmosphere, nice benefits, fun new cafe, paid health club membership, pet friendly, easy access to top management, meaningful work

Cons

Low turnover makes it harder to advance

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Best Employer Ever"

Current Employee - Regional Membership Consultant in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Regional Membership Consultant in Manchester, NH

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a Stable Career that makes you want to go to work. I feel so validated and recognized as an employee it's amazing. They are always working to improve and really understand the importance of taking care of their people. The work is rewarding and challenging.

Cons

You are encouraged to go to the gym and take care of yourself. I know horrible right. Did I mention gym membership is free.

5. "Good Perks"

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall it is a good company to work for. Some good perks

Cons

Clicks Rule. If you are not one of the popular ones forget about ever really feeling like you belong or fit in to the company.

"The positive reviews here are staged."

I worked at CCA Global Partners full-time

Pros

The CEO is very health-conscious, so while your medical/dental insurance will cover very little, the company provides free fruit and water.

Cons

- Harassment is brushed aside.
    - Toxic level executives take out their dislike for each other via their subordinates, which creates an stressful cycle of blaming and fighting.
    - There is no accountability, and when a project is changed mid-stream, the fault falls on those working on it rather than on leadership. You will be belittled, very publicly, for others' mistakes and indecision.
    - Extremely clique-driven culture, which is hidden by a dystopian behavior code (The CCA Way), which catalyzes the exact behavior it condemns.
    - There is no room for advancement; executives stay, while the rest of the company is a system of revolving doors. Bosses rely on complacency and obedience, but are quick to hire and fire.
    - You will pay for a great deal of travel out of pocket and have to wait to be reimbursed. If you have to buy a plane ticket that costs 4/5 of your paycheck, you need to go hungry and wait to pay your bills until the company pays you back. The travel policies don't work in workers' favor.
    - Pay overall is very low compared to other companies, because it's a cooperative. I was paid significantly less than a coworker who held the same position for the same duration as I did.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at where the real problems are and you'll find it's in the employees who stay, not in those who leave.

"Keep Scrolling Past 5 Star Reviews"

I worked at CCA Global Partners full-time

Pros

HR Run Programs - the initial 3 pages of reviews clearly shows there was a current employee push to write positive reviews, because if you keep scrolling you get to more honest reviews.

I will agree, CCA was a dynamic place to work. You develop close relationships with co-workers, there are a lot of company outings and perks within the office. It's definitely unlike any company I ever worked for before. It's almost like a drug when you start there because they really do strive to make you believe its the best place to work. Lots of "rah rah" around everything they do and the CEO in Manchester alone is such an inspirational man, he walks around and says good morning when he's there and tried to get to know his people. That's rare.

Cons

Unfortunately you will not advance at CCA unless you've been handpicked by a very small group of executives- it almost feels like a club you'll never get into. Promotions are few and far between for anyone, but all of a sudden you'll see 1 or 2 people move up 3 titles in the course of 2 years. This isn't jealousy talking, it's pretty obvious to see.

They say they run "lean" and are looking for hard working people - but sometimes its just they are cheap and for lack of a better term, abusive when it comes to the expectations they set. Often departments and divisions never work together so everyone is doing their own thing without collaborating. Executives in marketing, merchandising, visual merchandising always think their idea is the best and fight to death over it, create conflict around it and then let their employees pick up the pieces, take the blame and re-do months of work. For a company with a 4-5 month cycle between giant shows presenting new products and campaigns this makes for an extremely stressful work environment, that could be totally avoided. People in my dept cried on the regular due to stress.

Pay - I sat in a focus group once when we were nominated as one of the best companies to work for in NH. Everyone raved about the company perks and people and when the question of fair pay compared to other professionals we know came up, people were silent. The pay is terrible and when you do get a raise they make you feel like you're lucky. I was actually given a decent raise one year and was told not to expect one next year because of it. Imagine what that did to my moral as an employee. It's almost like they want you to believe that working there is such an honor that the low pay is worth it, but unfortunately Christmas Party's and BBQ's don't really pay my mortgage. I moved on after CCA and my pay increased by almost 50% and I didn't move to a much higher position and I'm only doing the job of 1 person, so there's some perspective.

Perks - the perks are great and generous. However, you will never be able to opt out of them without getting read the riot act. You are accounted for when you don't show up to a company sponsored event - I almost feel like they keep a log. I went to every event, because I was made to feel so guilty, but I know others who didn't and the crap talking never ended about them and how ungrateful they are - its weird when you're in the company you think its normal to persecute someone for not going on a boat ride over an hour away after work hours.

My last complaint is not company wide, but I think something that has been ignored by too many people. I worked for someone who constantly pitted their employees against each other - it was a weird experience. It almost felt like you were going into the hunger games everyday, not going to work - we finally all got together and realized everyone was getting a different story and direction which was designed to create conflict. Still to this day I never understood what the purpose was for it other than cowardice and a lack of leadership. It was later shared with me that it was widely known to never cross this person because it was a sure way to get on the crap list or fired....definitely the opposite of the culture message the company is trying to emulate.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees with career advancement, not cupcakes or feel good medals. If someone is willing to work hard for you, respect them for it and help them grow, don't abuse their willingness until they have nothing left. Also, seek your employees feedback on upper management, watch for turnover in departments and don't assume because someone has been there for 10-20 years that they treat everyone with respect.

"Lots of rah rah, not much fun fun"

Pros

The people were fun to work with.

Cons

The company put on a front to care about its employees, but they didn't do much to back it up. Some people that work there love it and some people are miserable. The turnover rate seemed high. They seemed to fire people when they started making too much money to replace them with younger, less experienced(and cheaper) employees. They also are a very old company. They don't really seem to be future proofing themselves by listening to the younger generation. I had fun there, but over the years it just got more and more bleak. I was also paid much more than a female that was doing a similar job for the most part.

Advice to Management

Listen to your younger employees, don't make things worse and worse for them until they eventually leave

9. "Great culture, not very much movement."

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time

Pros

Great culture and great people.
    This really is a terrific place to work.

Cons

However... there is no place to go. There are few (if any) opportunities to advance in the Manchester office (there is also one in St Louis).

10. "Member Program Manager"

Pros

Fast paced and energetic work environment!

Cons

Very hard to move up within the company regardless of work success or years with the company.