CCA Global Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Howard Brodsky and Rick Bennet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good benefits, fun company sponsored events and the freedom to have your ideas heard are a few of the reasons that CCA is a great place to work" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great people doing great things" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sexual harassment ignored, no room for upward movement" (in 4 reviews)

• "Nothing important to mention when you’ve spent nearly two decades at one company" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CCA Global is a great company to work for. I have been with the company for over 2 years and the culture, mission and values are those that anyone would be proud to work for. There are always opportunities to advance and grow in your career. With over 14 divisions under the parent company, there are always new roles being created. CCA Global is a company that tries to promote from within as well, to help their staff grow both personally and professionally.

I would definitely recommend CCA Global as a company to work for. In fact I have referred a few friends who currently work for the same company (different divisions).

Great communication - I always know what is expected of me and what my initiatives are. No unknowns.

Cons

There are a few personality differences, however you will have that wherever you go. There is no getting away from that! CCA does empower their employees with avenues to discuss and manage expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication. Having an understanding of the companies goals and objectives helps us all work towards the same initiatives. Love working here.

Apr 23, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with CCA! We truly enjoy hearing what our employees have to say about us and we are happy to see that you have already referred a few people to CCA! Thank you... More

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best aspect of the company is the mission; helping independent retailers succeed in an ever changing economy. It feels amazing making a positive impact for an individual business owner. The longevity of CCA's employees is a testament to how the company values their employees. Good benefits, fun company sponsored events and the freedom to have your ideas heard are a few of the reasons that CCA is a great place to work.

Cons

Promotions in some departments are hard to come by since employees tend to stay with CCA. However, if you are willing to cross departments or divisions, the opportunities are there.

Advice to Management

Continue to look toward the future of retail, and the industry specifically, to stay ahead of the game. Keep the mission alive!

"Don't let the "Best Places to Work For" fool you. Sexual harassment has been an ongoing issue in this company"

I worked at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I met some great people at CCA.

Cons

Don't let the Best Places to Work for fool you. The company keeps getting these great public accolades because their internal pr department is great ..seriously and I say that with respect.

I left because i was the victim of sexual harassment - which an internal investigation confirmed. This had been a problem for years and I was not the first or only one. Sadly this has been supported by the top leaders of the company. It's an open secret within the company. Just beware.

"Change is needed in SPG"

I worked at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits of the company are great. Insurance, profit sharing.

Cons

I was employed with CCA for a few years, and the only thing I can take away from my experience is how miserable the SPG department is. There is terrible communication, management and employees. The 'senior' reviewers, take advantage of management, and they allow it. They talk badly about the managers to other employees and treat others who are not in their 'clique' like they are unwelcome. There is harassment among the employees and when brought to the attention to managers, nothing is done. This happens more so when it involves someone in particular, who happens to be the culprit in most of the harassment in the department. The worst part is that management is completely oblivious to this and like to pretend nothing is happening. Several cases of harassment have been reported to the HR department and there has also been no action taken. Most places have a 'No Tolerance' policy, this is not the case for CCA. When I first started with the company it was great but not to long after I was starting to see a lot of the behind the scenes situations. Pay and raises are terrible. Management should know the ins and outs of each job position. Including the VP.

Advice to Management

Observe your department more than hiding in offices. Micro managing is not something that is always appreciated by many employees, but until you can figure out the animosity and negative behavior something has to be done. Find people who deserve the 'leadership' positions, instead of just choosing the most senior'd reviewers. Just because they have been there the longest doesn't mean they are best for that position. People avoid going to some of them because of their terrible attitudes, and negative demeanor. Show your employees appreciation every now and again, they deserve it with all the stuff they deal with on a daily basis. Have employees backs and make them feel like they belong. Continuous coaching, and communication so not only one group of individuals know what is going on. Handle calls when problems arise. Someone getting kicked out of the program, or non compliant members should not be addressed by reviewers. This should be a managers responsibility. Very unprofessional to have reviewers threatening members. I know writing this probably wont help the staff that is still there but I truly hope it does, because there needs to be improvement.

There is so many great comments about the Manchester location, St. Louis should try and embrace that. I don't completely understand why there is such a separation in the first place. Same company, same core values.

Apr 17, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We thank you for taking the time to write your review of CCA. We realize that CCA has not met your expectations; however, we understand that even workplaces considered “best places to work” are not... More

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time

Pros

Best company to work for with amazing benefits!!

Cons

no downside to working for CCA Global

Feb 13, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate your feedback on our organization and benefits; we're happy to hear that your time with us has been so great! We look forward to your continued career with CCA!

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, NH

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun, progressive, caring company. Great people doing great things.

Cons

You need to be a self-starter to work in a loosely structured company.

Advice to Management

Keep the open door policy for all employees.

Feb 9, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with CCA! We love hearing that our employees enjoy working here! We do our very best to create an undeniable culture and the best possible environment, and we... More

7. "Terrible"

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time

Pros

Used to be a great place to work years ago.

Cons

You are not protected from harrassment or favoritism.

Advice to Management

Please tell me how a well known TV anchor gets let go for sexual harrassment, but they cant get rid of someone who has multiple complaints on them at CCA? The list of people to visit "HR" in regards to one individual in the building is astronomical, however he still works for your company. What an embarrassment. He knows nothing about his SPG department however decides who gets what as a pay increase end of year. To whomever wrote the review on the lawsuit please contact current employees, there are many of us who are very interested in being a part of this. Something has got to give.

Dec 12, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Because we are committed to creating a comfortable work environment for our employees, we are disappointed to hear about your experience. All formal complaints are... More

8. "CCA is a Career-Booster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at CCA for nearly 20 years. I started in an entry level position, and when I left was in a VP role. I had the opportunity of holding 7 progressive positions in that time. I always felt supported and challenged, and learned a tremendous amount that shaped my overall career. The real benefit of working here is truly making an impact on independent business owners and seeing their success. Whether it was their personal wealth or the thousands of other employees they employed across nearly 3,000 member businesses of CCA. It truly is an innovative company and a career-booster if you work hard and seek out help when you need it.

Cons

Nothing important to mention when you’ve spent nearly two decades at one company. The only con is the amazing people I miss working with after leaving to pursue another opportunity!

Oct 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your great review and your dedication of nearly 20 years! It is amazing to read about your progression with CCA through seven different roles. We’re hoping that your new opportunity is... More

9. "Love this company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked here for almost 8 years. I wanted to work here so bad that I took quite a pay cut to get into the company. My goal was to get in the door and learn the business so I could move up. That has not just happened once but twice!! I grow every day and feel supported and acknowledged. I feel the environment is open and fair. I have said more than once that after working in other companies this by far, exceeds my expectations. I feel like a person and not a number with those around me, including all level, looking out for one another. I plan to retire here.

Cons

I mentioned how this company exceeds my expectations, and sometimes, like in many companies, there are individuals that have been here so long they have lost sight of how good they have it. When that happens it is negative, which is not usual on a day to day basis here. I am happy to remind them that if they were somewhere else they would not be happier.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the people within your teams and supporting them as you do.

Oct 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experiences with CCA! We love reading how much you wanted to join our team; there is no doubt in our minds that CCA truly is one of NH’s best places to work! We’re happy... More

10. "Empowering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CCA Global Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CCA is a great company to work for. The company cares about their employees and allows their voices to be heard. They have several programs for employees such as the CCA Way which allows you recognize your co-workers who embrace the companies culture or goes above and beyond in their work. More recently CCA has started the PITCH which alows employees ideas to be heard on ways the company can improve some of their business modules or suguest new business ideas to help the company grow.

In addition to empowering their employees CCA empowers their members that make up the cooperative by offering encentives and helps bring in additional business to supplment their daily business. CCA also impacts the lives of those who are not affiliated with the company by putting the homes back together of those who have suffered a home owners insurance loss through our direct repair program made up our flooring and general contractor members.

Overall CCA has been a great place to work for and has a culture you cannot find any where else.

Cons

The only con I can think of is their might be some personality differences among co-workers but you will run into that anywhere you work, it's life.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of providing a positive work environment and allowing your employees voice to be heard.

Oct 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate your feedback on CCA, our culture and your time here; we are so happy to see the word “empowering” associated with your review! Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs, and we are so... More