CCC Information Services 151 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CCC Information Services Chairman, President, and CEO Githesh Ramamurthy
Githesh Ramamurthy

Pros
  • Stable company with great work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Good people, reasonable opportunities (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • I don't think work life balance is great (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management seems mainly product focused on not so much on the team members (in 8 reviews)

1. "good place to work"

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time

Pros

diversity, flexibility, good work life balance, great insurance, good benefits

Cons

haphazard, unorganized, lack of focus on internal infrastructure

Advice to Management

take infrastructure seriously

"Great Company Vision, Just Needs Some Help in Benefits and Recruiting"

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall CCC is a great company to work at.
    -Strategy
    -Knowledge of industry
    -Decent benefits for non-parents
    -Good work-life balance
    -Extremely great ELT and CEO
    -The other employees are great to work with

Cons

-Benefits - listed as a 'pro' as well, but over my many years, the benefits are getting worse and worse every year
    -Internal Recruiting - they do not seem to review employee's qualifications when you submit for a job
    -Infrequent employee surveys - I do not remember the last time one of these were done
    -Transparency - there is a lack of transparency throughout departments and also in regards to employee support for benefits

Advice to Management

CCC is a great company in terms of vision and strategic planning. However, the benefits are archaic and could use some help. How do we compare to other software companies?

Also, you need to re-evaluate your recruiting process for internal employees. I am not sure if this is true, but I heard that the recruiters are on commission and receive more money if they recruit externally. There are many employees that have college degrees and prior experience that would be good in other departments of the company. Take a new approach on how you are placing people and those people skills when doing so. If a recruiter feels like an employee would not be a good fit for a position they applied for, there needs to be more talk on why. Recruiters should be looking to fit employees in the right positions and if they don't feel they fit, coach them on why and what they can do with their managers to improve or build on their skills to move to that place. The best way to say this is that depending on the situation, talent acquisition seems to take a power hungry approach in placement of employees. If you want to continue to attract and retain new talent, you have to do something.

Jan 29, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing a review. We're glad to hear that your overall experience at CCC is positive. Your feedback is important to us, so we’d like to share more information on some of your areas of ... More

"Very disappointing!"

I worked at CCC Information Services (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing working here is a pros. Mismanagement is at all level. There is no proper communication to carry out a project and the deadline to deliver is total random.

Cons

I wish they follow atleast an agile process or something to properly guide the delivery. Even though the colleagues are helpful but dur to long chain of communication and process tend to miss out on one thing or other

Advice to Management

Use all your resources wisely

5. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hour work weeks, everyone pulls their weight.

Cons

Weak sense of direction, low communication.

6. "R&D Intern"

Former Employee - R&D Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - R&D Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services (Less than a year)

Pros

very fast agile company, nice location , talented people and every one moves very fast. Good use of devops tools.decent pay

Cons

some politics between employees and few have attitude problem.

"Work life balance is non existent, management have no values, comoany going downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reason I took the job, even though I saw prior reviews as red flags was because of the good salary and bonus. Wait 1 year later and I find out that they are terminating some engineers because we spoke up ablut updates. Do not believe the good reviews as I also hear from some of the internal HR people that they go and create accounts to boost their companies rank on then sites. The non management that work there in engineering are great people but there is alot of turnover. The technology they use is very old and has not been updated in years.

Cons

There is absolutely no work life balance. They mention it in emails and HR docs but when it comes down to work, they will work you to the bone. They will also put in requirement failures in your personal file when you never received or agreed to them, with egregious timelines that are totally impossible. Then they will place you on a PiP before the holidays and terminate you once you fail to meet this impossible timeline. So that means that wonderful bonus you worked so hard for is gone and so is 11 months of your life.

Advice to Management

Quit with the games, your staff deserves better

Dec 27, 2016 – Gary Newman, Senior Vice President, Human Resources

We would like to understand your perspective so that we may address your concerns. Our engineering turnover is under 4%, significantly below the industry average. Additionally, employees tell us in ... More

8. "Java developer"

Pros

good place to work and learn new technologies

Cons

I don't think work life balance is great

9. "Solution & Consulting Internship"

Pros

Great first Internship experience! I strengthened hard skills, such as Excel and PowerPoint skills. I worked closely with the audit team and gained a tremendous amount of industry knowledge. HR provided workshops to further develop our Personal brands and LinkedIn Profiles.

Cons

Looking back on my experience I would have loved to have a rotational component to the internship. This would allow interns to gain exposure to multiple roles in the company

Oct 25, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

We are thrilled to hear that the CCC Jumpstart Internship program enhanced your hard skills and industry knowledge. Thank you for choosing to #CCCJumpstart your career with us!

10. "Contractor"

Pros

Decent place to work - Flexible.

Cons

Better communication required among different team members.

11. "review"

Pros

easy to WORK WITH THE CO WORKERS

Cons

It has a very lengthy application process

Advice to Management

MAKE SURE THAT THE APPLICATION IS USER FREINDLY