CCC Information Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
CCC Information Services Chairman, President, and CEO Githesh Ramamurthy
Githesh Ramamurthy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Stable company with great work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Some good people are still remaining from before the reign of terror CTO (in 12 reviews)

Cons

1. "6/23/2017 - 20 year anniversary with CCC Information Services Inc."

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

So many great co-workers, and so many different opportunities. CCC is a wonderfully diverse and dynamic place to work.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Although, I do miss some of the folks that are no longer with CCC.

"Sr. Systems Administrator"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall the paycheck was good, but after reading the negative reviews I wanted to say that they are mostly accurate unfortunately. The pros that you see coming from people or reviews are because HR has effectively started to push campaign to giving the company a better name for itself after they laid off employees who were good employees right before bonus time or after many good people left. The other reason you will see a lot of these "good" reviews is because the CEO takes pride on his industry status. If this is going to be a temporary job, then by all means take the job, good benefits, and good paycheck. Long term, you will find out that this place is not really a place to leave a really good or good job for. The grass is greener , but not here.

Cons

This place is a big pit of technology from the early 2000s. They have not upgraded their technology in many many years. Of course they don't have to, because they are a monopoly in the industry which is a good thing for the executives, owners, and managers. As a technical engineer, or anyone in a position with technology in mind, they are top heavy with managers who do not really understand technology. When managers are alerted of issues regarding their technology , they will just ignore you and just continue status quo. They have offloaded much of their stuff to Oracle cloud anyhow, therefore you will forever be supporting something you cannot control in general. Licensing has been an issue in the past here and still is and thus you will forever be required to fix things that didn't get audited in the past.

Advice to Management

Cut the fat from the organization. If you want to be a "good" company, Glassdoor reviews or hiring companies won't make you good, it's your actions that will make you good.

3. "a good company to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

people are nice and easy to get along, nice working environment

Cons

didn't see any cons, sorry

4. "Fair and fantastic atmosphere"

Current Employee - Vaulator in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Vaulator in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helpful and willing to make development of staff practical, plenty of positions to move up the ladder. Look for more
    Work every day

Cons

None, only issues with impersonal emails and staff interactions are the biggest down-spin. Most depends on the personality while joining the team

Advice to Management

None

"Software Engineer I/II"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Deadlines are reasonable, managers are very supportive. Mentor mentality prevails. Peers look at you as peers and not exactly competition(Although there may be a few who don't). A practice that imbibes showing your results as a developer rather than just speaking about it is very good.

Cons

Difficult to get a satisfying raise, but if you come up with something worthwhile, it's immediately rewarded handsomely.
    A major issue is a lack of proper documentation and siloing of departments. I feel there is no connection between the core of the company(the developers) and non-technical, higher authorities.

Advice to Management

Please provide support for all platforms that are being used within the company. There are improper support, documentation, and lack of communication between the departments. Upper management is disconnected from the rest, which does not bode well.

May 30, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. While we are pleased that you find the culture collaborative and managers supportive, we are concerned that you feel there is insufficient documentation and communication... More

"Unit Manager"

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, pay for performance, career development, interesting work

Cons

Very, very fast work pace. If you are not a very hard worker, this is not the company for you. They will pay you will and develop you, but they want a lot in return. You won't have downtime to be surfing the internet, playing on your phone etc. Just know the expectation.

Advice to Management

Don't try to squeeze every last penny and every last drop from your employees. Understand that as the rules of the game change, you may have to adjust your expectations. Don't make big changes and not adjust expectations. Uncertainty of how performance will be impacted by changes leaves your staff feeling nervous about their jobs, especially in such a metric driven, goal based company.

7. "Directionless"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k matching and gym on-site.

Cons

- No clear direction. There have been times where I was confused about what team I was working on. I was tossed around teams without my knowledge.
    - The upper management hires people they know (not a lot of bright people coming in because of nepotism)
    - Not a very good atmosphere for beginners (seniors are always fighting amongst each other and you are forced to pick sides and upset some people)
    - No developer growth programs

Advice to Management

Get rid of the upper management in P&T. They are ruining the company.

Apr 28, 2017 – Gary Newman, Senior Vice President, Human Resources

Your experience at CCC is the opposite of what we would want any employee to experience and does not align with the feedback employees give us in engagement, exit surveys, and our voluntary turnover... More

8. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

40 hour work weeks, everyone pulls their weight.

Cons

Weak sense of direction, low communication.

"Work life balance is non existent, management have no values, comoany going downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reason I took the job, even though I saw prior reviews as red flags was because of the good salary and bonus. Wait 1 year later and I find out that they are terminating some engineers because we spoke up ablut updates. Do not believe the good reviews as I also hear from some of the internal HR people that they go and create accounts to boost their companies rank on then sites. The non management that work there in engineering are great people but there is alot of turnover. The technology they use is very old and has not been updated in years.

Cons

There is absolutely no work life balance. They mention it in emails and HR docs but when it comes down to work, they will work you to the bone. They will also put in requirement failures in your personal file when you never received or agreed to them, with egregious timelines that are totally impossible. Then they will place you on a PiP before the holidays and terminate you once you fail to meet this impossible timeline. So that means that wonderful bonus you worked so hard for is gone and so is 11 months of your life.

Advice to Management

Quit with the games, your staff deserves better

Dec 27, 2016 – Gary Newman, Senior Vice President, Human Resources

We would like to understand your perspective so that we may address your concerns. Our engineering turnover is under 4%, significantly below the industry average. Additionally, employees tell us in... More

10. "R&D Intern"

Former Employee - R&D Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - R&D Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services (Less than a year)

Pros

very fast agile company, nice location , talented people and every one moves very fast. Good use of devops tools.decent pay

Cons

some politics between employees and few have attitude problem.