CCMSI Claims Adjuster Reviews | Glassdoor

CCMSI Claims Adjuster Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2019

Found 11 reviews

3.3
CCMSI CEO Bryan Thomas (no image)
Bryan Thomas
  1. "Claims representative"

Claims Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at CCMSI

Pros

Good benefits, flexible schedule, good people to work with

Cons

I can't think of any

CCMSI2016-02-02
  2. "Overall Good Co."

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Maitland, FL

I have been working at CCMSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

No complaints they compensate employees well for time/vacation /benefits . Plenty of growth potential

Cons

This kind of job is really depends on the account/client you handle

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

CCMSI2019-02-08

CCMSI Response

February 11, 2019HRIS & Web Development Specialist

Thank you for your review! We will continue to keep up the good work and please reach out to a member of HR if you have any suggestions!

"Careful if you have a disability"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at CCMSI full-time

Pros

My supervisor was ok. Most times, he was pleasant.

Cons

How I was treated seemed to stem from my disability and my request for a beneficial accommodation.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has a disability, does not mean they don't want to work.

CCMSI2017-08-26

"CCMSI"

Former Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CCMSI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and hours. Sometimes there was the potential for overtime, but very rarely.

Cons

Full time is only 37.5 hours weekly. This is because you are made to take 2 unpaid 15 minute breaks in addition to lunch.

CCMSI2016-07-30

"Horrific"

Former Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster in Henderson, NV

I worked at CCMSI full-time for less than a year

Pros

The paid time off. There is no other Pro to this company. Applicants beware. Only accept a job at this place if you are facing homelessness.

Cons

Your bathroom breaks will be literally timed. The salary is at the lowest in the industry. The employees are not friendly. And there I no diversity.

Advice to Management

Try to hire some employees of color. Learn how to manage people. Learn how to actually speak to people.

CCMSI2016-04-22
  6. "Claims adjusting"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at CCMSI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management understands adjusting and has relevant back ground esperience

Cons

Not sure what positions there are to move up into

CCMSI2015-09-25

"Horrible Company!"

Current Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster

I have been working at CCMSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are NO pros working for this company

Cons

NEVER had a pending under 300 - just one of the many lies they tell. Had no experience when I started and taught MYSELF with NO help from management. Overworked. Returning from vacation is a punishment. Overloaded with emails and new claims with no help and told to "just deal with it". Management does nothing but complain about the clients, lies to claimants about payments when there is no money and then just does... not answer their phone. Pay is pathetic, but you are told to be grateful you have a job.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the lazy, incompetent morons - which is pretty much upper management and YOU be thankful you have employees willing to put up with your abuse

CCMSI2014-06-01

"Overloaded"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Danville, IL

I worked at CCMSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice co-workers and good Health benefits. Comfortable workspace. For the most part there is flexibility. There is really not a lot of micro management. Most EE's have been at the company for a long time.

Cons

Very stressful and overwhelming job without much support from the top. Pay scale is pretty low when compared to other companies. Certain adjusters are dumped on while others are protected from overloading.

Advice to Management

You need to value your employees more. Don't dump on them so much and then when they can't keep up, threaten with write-ups in their personnel file. And especially the top needs to look at salaries of the adjusters to bring them in line with other companies with like positions. Quit using the excuse of being in a low income county to justify low salaries.

CCMSI2014-04-23

"CCMSI was a great place to work, the Client was not"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Linwood, NJ

I worked at CCMSI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fellow employees were great to work with, office location was excellent.

Cons

Did not like the Client as they did not show employees any appreciation for overtime worked or audit scores. My job was moved to Vegas and this decision was not the right one. Client did not care about the workers only cared about their spread sheets.

Advice to Management

Obtain clients that appreciate the workers and take the time to discuss employees suggestions for improvement and better communications.

CCMSI2014-03-17

"Huge turnover - Management incompetent - When is this company going to take off their blinders?"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at CCMSI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No real benefit to working for this company. Others played while I worked and I got the boot because I was not in any manager's "clique". I personally observed employees regularly performing less than one or two hours of work out of an 8 hr day between personal phone calls, "bathroom breaks" and hour long chats in their areas when not flitzing around the office talking to anyone and everyone, including management.... Not a word is said to correct this situation because they are within management's clique. Longevity depends on who you know and suck up to in this company....

Cons

This company regularly places people in management positions that are not qualified. This includes anyone from claims manager on up. Good workers are ousted just because they are not in the "in" crowd. Very pompous attitude that anyone can be replaced and they certainly live up to it. Management is lazy at best with NO assistance offered to the overwhelmed adjuster whatsoever. If you go on vacation, expect to... come back to tons of e-mails, mail, voice messages, etc. Urgent things like CPs and Motions are untouched. You finally start dreading taking time off that YOU EARNED. You are reduced to picking the brains of co-workers if there is an issue you need direction on. However, this isn't necessarily a bad thing as the co-workers know more than management. The company heaps a ridiculous amount of claims onto one adjuster (mostly those not in the "clique") and because of this, the quality of work suffers. Yet the management is quick to point the finger and "doesn't understand" why audits are not up to par. You are expected to live and breathe the work. The more personal time you sacrifice to get things done the more it is expected of you....with not even a thanks. A common saying amongst co-workers is "they set you up to fail here". What ever happened to the mentality that if the employee fails, so does the supervisor/management"? You won't find that here....

Advice to Management

Stop to listen to the people who ACTUALLY do the work on a daily basis. If you are so concerned about the audit results, stop overwhelming the adjusters. Adjusting claims properly takes time. One "dilemma" on a claim can take a half day or even an entire day. No matter how much experience or so called "training" one has, it is an impossible feat when you dump on an adjuster and expect perfection. There's only... so much time in a day. Keep this up and clients will soon catch on.

CCMSI2013-07-24