CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) Direct Support Professional Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2019

Found 12 reviews

4.5
CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) CEO Shannon Bock (no image)
Shannon Bock
  1. "DSP"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing workplace, management and employees are amazing. Great benefits and truly the most flexible hours. There is something for everyone here.

Cons

The pay is a little low however, this is due to the state not the company.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-08-07

September 10, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about CCRI. We so appreciate the wonderful feedback. We continue to advocate to the State of Minnesota to increase funding to support higher wages for our direct care team members as they are providing a valuable service to our community.

2. "Great Company, Needs to work on Communication"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

I worked at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexible with schedule - Felt very appreciated - Great community feeling

Cons

- No communication with other DSP's working with the same client - Limited communication with supervisor

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2019-02-23

May 14, 2019Development Associate

Thanks so much for your time spent with CCRI. We appreciate the work you did. Thank you for providing your feedback - it is important to us.

3. "Not my cup of tea"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time for less than a year

Pros

The job is rewarding, and you really feel like you can help people. There are also good benefits to being an employee and the company values you a lot.

Cons

The job is very tiring and sometimes stressful if you aren’t super passionate about working with people with disabilities. Sometimes the family members of clients can be difficult to work with, adding extra stress on you.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-09-27

October 5, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback. We work really hard to ensure everyone on our team knows their value and we are happy you feel that. We know this position can be challenging as well as rewarding, so that is why we work hard to ensure good matches are made between the people we support and their caregivers. Please reach out to your supervisor or our Human Resources department. We would love to be your cup of tea. Thanks again for the feedback.

4. "Great job, awesome experience!"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I worked at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Having fun with clients -Helping clients learn new skills or improve existing ones -Great team -Flexible scheduling

Cons

-None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-01-27

March 13, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for the wonderful positive feedback, we so appreciate it!

5. "More than just a job"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working with the clients that CCRI supports and the hours are super flexible and work great with my schedule as a student from semester to semester. When I first applied I didn't really know what to expect, but this quickly became so much more than just another job for me. I can't imagine working anywhere else after graduating from college.

Cons

The pay - although this isn't due to the lack of effort from CCRI.

Advice to Management

N/A

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2017-12-19

January 8, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your job. At CCRI it will continue to be a priority to advocate for increased funding to our field.

6. "Why I Love CCRI"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

Pros

I found CCRI by chance. My mom told me about a job fair happening at MSUM, so I went just to check it out. I went to the CCRI booth and got more information about the role of direct support professional. I was anxious to apply because I was a college student and I needed a flexible schedule. I was shown all of the different positions they have and how they truly have a position for everyone. I was convinced to... apply and I am so glad I did. I thankfully got hired and started the best journey of my life. CCRI quickly became one of the best decisions I have ever made. I made some of the best friends I had (from co-workers and clients!) and I grew as a person and as a staff to the people I support. CCRI has challenged me and pushed me to be a better person and because of that, I have found what I believe to be my calling. I couldn't imagine my life without my clients or this job and I hopefully will never have to. At just 20 years old, I hold a full-time benefited position and am thriving and I truly couldn't ask for a better job.

Cons

I think the only downside to CCRI is that if I were to ever move or quit my job, it would wreck me. My clients have become some of the most important people in my life and to leave them would be so difficult.

Advice to Management

I do think that employees could be recognized or appreciated more.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2017-10-09

November 29, 2017Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for opening your heart and sharing your passion for this work with others. We are so glad that you found your calling. We appreciate your honest feedback.

"More than a Job to Me"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional

Pros

I am proud to call CCRI my workplace for the past almost four years! I feel like I have grown and learned so much as a person because of the environment of the company and its mission. What my coworkers and clients have taught and given me is invaluable. I also feel so much joy for all the moments I have seen other team members and clients grow together. At the end of the day-every day-I feel a sense of purpose... and I have so many memories.

Cons

It isn't really a "con," but I think it is important to realize that in this job, attitude is everything. Some days a client may have challenging behaviors, you may have a differing opinion from another staff how something should be handled, or you may have days that are just about helping a client fold their underwear, go over a checkbook, or mop a floor. Somedays it isn't easy, but what it comes down to is that... YOU can choose to make your day and their day great-YOU can decide to help a client through something that is causing them anxiety. YOU can decide to crank up some music and turn mundane tasks into a dance party. YOU can decide to make them smile. No one tells you what to do to make difficult tasks fun, so it is up to you to have a good attitude and if you do that, most of your work days will be great days. :)

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2016-02-19
  8. ""Work" that doesn't feel like work"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

Pros

CCRI is a wonderful company that really cares about their clients and employees. The flexible scheduling makes it perfect for college students, and the varying personalities and disabilities of our clients ensure that almost anyone can find the right fit for them. This job started as a temporary job while I figured out what I wanted to do with my life, and has turned into the career I've always wanted and hope to... advance in someday.

Cons

Working weekends/ holidays, but somebody's gotta do it! Pay could be a little better, but benefits make up for it.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2016-02-19
  9. "Excellent Work Environment!"

Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)

Pros

I do not regret for a second working at CCRI! I get paid to go to sporting events, dances, grocery shopping, going to movies, and so many more fun activities! I've learned so much from working with clients that have disabilites. It is the most rewarding feeling when a client accomplishes one of their goals, knowing I was a part of the process. It is the perfect career for anyone - they have full time, part time, and... VERY flexible positions! If you want a lot of hours, you will get a lot of hours. If you are having a busier week outside of work and need less hours, you will get exactly what you need. The flexibility of this job is one of the major benefits, but there is SO many more!

Cons

It can be hard to leave clients when you're having such a fun time!

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2016-02-18

"More than just a job."

Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) for more than a year

Pros

The company is great with its services to individuals and training their staff. The environment is fun, helpful, and overall positive. They are great with working with staff and their schedules.

Cons

CCRI has extremely strict time off request policies, where you have to request off on the first of the month BEFORE the month that you need off. Its a little unnecessary as at times you request off almost two months in advance, which isn't realistic for people's lives. There are also some issues with Upper Management handling issues between staff, as a hostile environment between staff is not good for the... individuals.

Advice to Management

Review your time off request requirements, as they are not fair to their employees and their employees schedules. Also, please handle staff passive aggressiveness as it is detrimental to the healthy lives of the clients.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2016-02-26