CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shannon Bock

1. "Best place to work"

Pros

CCRI is like a family. This organization is an amazing place to work. It is fun, it is flexible, the management and leadership are outstanding. It's an award-winning organization and I would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking to make a difference in their own lives as well as that of others.

Cons

This is a not for profit, so you have to be willing to trade in high wages for other benefits (which are in abundance).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to make the agency great. Keep moving towards helping workloads feel manageable.

2. ""Work" that doesn't feel like work"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CCRI is a wonderful company that really cares about their clients and employees. The flexible scheduling makes it perfect for college students, and the varying personalities and disabilities of our clients ensure that almost anyone can find the right fit for them. This job started as a temporary job while I figured out what I wanted to do with my life, and has turned into the career I've always wanted and hope to advance in someday.

Cons

Working weekends/ holidays, but somebody's gotta do it! Pay could be a little better, but benefits make up for it.

3. "More than a Job to Me"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional

Pros

I am proud to call CCRI my workplace for the past almost four years! I feel like I have grown and learned so much as a person because of the environment of the company and its mission. What my coworkers and clients have taught and given me is invaluable.
    I also feel so much joy for all the moments I have seen other team members and clients grow together. At the end of the day-every day-I feel a sense of purpose and I have so many memories.

Cons

It isn't really a "con," but I think it is important to realize that in this job, attitude is everything. Some days a client may have challenging behaviors, you may have a differing opinion from another staff how something should be handled, or you may have days that are just about helping a client fold their underwear, go over a checkbook, or mop a floor. Somedays it isn't easy, but what it comes down to is that YOU can choose to make your day and their day great-YOU can decide to help a client through something that is causing them anxiety. YOU can decide to crank up some music and turn mundane tasks into a dance party. YOU can decide to make them smile. No one tells you what to do to make difficult tasks fun, so it is up to you to have a good attitude and if you do that, most of your work days will be great days. :)

5. "Excellent Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

Pros

I do not regret for a second working at CCRI! I get paid to go to sporting events, dances, grocery shopping, going to movies, and so many more fun activities! I've learned so much from working with clients that have disabilites. It is the most rewarding feeling when a client accomplishes one of their goals, knowing I was a part of the process. It is the perfect career for anyone - they have full time, part time, and VERY flexible positions! If you want a lot of hours, you will get a lot of hours. If you are having a busier week outside of work and need less hours, you will get exactly what you need. The flexibility of this job is one of the major benefits, but there is SO many more!

Cons

It can be hard to leave clients when you're having such a fun time!

6. "A great job with variety. Positive work enviroment"

Current Employee - DSP in Moorhead, MN
    Current Employee - DSP in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CCRI has flexible work schedules Great work enviroment A smile or a positive word can go a long way to make the day of clients and co-workers alike. A place to work where you can have fun while helping people acheive their goals and dreams. Aplace to work where you can go home at the end of the day knowing you had a positive effect on someone's life

Cons

May need to work some holidays

7. "More than just a job."

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) (More than a year)

Pros

The company is great with its services to individuals and training their staff. The environment is fun, helpful, and overall positive. They are great with working with staff and their schedules.

Cons

CCRI has extremely strict time off request policies, where you have to request off on the first of the month BEFORE the month that you need off. Its a little unnecessary as at times you request off almost two months in advance, which isn't realistic for people's lives.
    There are also some issues with Upper Management handling issues between staff, as a hostile environment between staff is not good for the individuals.

Advice to Management

Review your time off request requirements, as they are not fair to their employees and their employees schedules.
    Also, please handle staff passive aggressiveness as it is detrimental to the healthy lives of the clients.

"Most Rewarding Job I Have Ever Had!!!"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

Pros

Being a part of client's learning to gain skills that helps them gain independence and achieve their dreams! It is unbelievably rewarding supporting individuals with disabilities. When I started at CCRI I had NO experience working with people with disabilities and CCRI supported me to be as confident in my work as I am now! I am so proud to work for a company that is so focused on client independence, care and happiness!

Cons

Sometimes working with difficult families or behaviors.

"I LOVE CCRI!"

Current Employee - Residential Coordinator in Moorhead, MN
    Current Employee - Residential Coordinator in Moorhead, MN

Pros

Scheduling is flexible, co-workers are awesome, clients are amazing, and work doesn't feel like work!

Cons

It is hard when you get close to clients and sometimes as life changes they move

"Best Job I've Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN

Pros

I love that my job is different every day. There is such a variety of people supported by CCRI and days are never the same. My co-workers and supervisors are incredibly supportive and keep the best interest of the people we support in mind at all times. The work our DSPs do in our community is truly life-changing. Not only do I enjoy going to work, but I know that the work I am doing makes a difference for the people I work with.

Cons

Changes in the people we support (as they age) can be hard to deal with but there is such a great support system in place and it is amazing to see how co-workers and supervisors work together to ensure quality of life doesn't change as people's physical mobility or mental capacity changes.

11. "Highly rewarding and very fun!"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Taking clients bowling, to the movies, grocery shopping; teaching them to clean, manage their finances, how to read or write. There are lots of different sites to work at that have hours to match your schedule.

Cons

Pay rate should be higher, especially with behavioral clients.