CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) Reviews | Glassdoor

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2019

Found 37 reviews

4.5
CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) CEO Shannon Bock (no image)
Shannon Bock
  1. "DSP"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing workplace, management and employees are amazing. Great benefits and truly the most flexible hours. There is something for everyone here.

Cons

The pay is a little low however, this is due to the state not the company.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-08-07

September 10, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about CCRI. We so appreciate the wonderful feedback. We continue to advocate to the State of Minnesota to increase funding to support higher wages for our direct care team members as they are providing a valuable service to our community.

2. "Direct Support Professional"

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time

Pros

Management is outstanding, caring environment, clients are amazing

Cons

Goofy work hours, sleep stipend

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-06-22

July 20, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are glad you are enjoying your job!

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "#iLoveCCRI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Flexible scheduling around school schedules or other jobs. *Extremely supportive supervisors and coworkers *Opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives on a daily basis *BONUSES- semi Annual! *Growth/promotion opportunities *Agency provides MANY opportunities for clients to get involved in the community, so there's always something going on! *Fun!!

Cons

*Clients are depending on you, and look forward to seeing you each shift so its really important to come to work with your best attitude. *Caring for others is a BIG job. You build such close relationships with the people you support that it is difficult on your heart to see them sad, sick, changes in their health, etc.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the praise, appreciation, and support you are already doing! It feels SO good to be recognized for your hard work!

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-02-26

March 13, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for the wonderful and kind words. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with us!

5. "CCRI ROCKS!"

Pros

- Being a CCRI DSP is one of the coolest titles I’ve ever had! - The clients are AMAZING! If you haven’t attended a CCRI Talent Show you are truly missing out. - It’s a fun and positive work environment! - CCRI fully stand by their mission and values. - The supervisors are not only understanding and friendly but they take the time to make sure you are provided with all of the proper training needed for your... position. I have always trusted and highly respected any supervisor I’ve ever had at CCRI - This company truly values employee satisfaction and makes showing their appreciation a priority!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Stay golden!

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-02-07

March 13, 2018Talent Specialist

YOU ROCK! We are excited to hear you are enjoying your employment at CCRI and appreciate the wonderful review. YOU ROCK! Thank you. :)

6. "Great job, awesome experience!"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

I worked at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Having fun with clients -Helping clients learn new skills or improve existing ones -Great team -Flexible scheduling

Cons

-None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2018-01-27

March 13, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for the wonderful positive feedback, we so appreciate it!

7. "Life Changing"

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Truly client-centered, they make it a priority to practice and uphold their guiding principles (Team work, Client-Centeredness, Professionalism), Excellent leadership, Fun place to work where it feels more like a family than a job, Clients get out in the community daily and there are many activities CCRI puts on even on a weekly basis as options for clients, Reimbursement for mileage and activity fees, Great... training opportunities, Competitive pay, Supervisors pour in to staff to nurture growth and development, Very positive work environment. It's very evident in working here why CCRI has been a Top 150 workplace and why so many clients and families want to come to CCRI.

Cons

Working for a non-profit can have its challenges because funding comes from a state level and the state doesn't really understand the true nature of this field.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2017-12-19

January 7, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for the wonderful words. We are so grateful to have team members who enjoy their jobs and are willing to be such great ambassadors. We appreciate your commitment to CCRI over the last 10 years. Thank you again!

8. "More than just a job"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

Pros

I love working with the clients that CCRI supports and the hours are super flexible and work great with my schedule as a student from semester to semester. When I first applied I didn't really know what to expect, but this quickly became so much more than just another job for me. I can't imagine working anywhere else after graduating from college.

Cons

The pay - although this isn't due to the lack of effort from CCRI.

Advice to Management

N/A

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2017-12-19

January 8, 2018Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your job. At CCRI it will continue to be a priority to advocate for increased funding to our field.

9. "DSP"

I have been working at CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. Great staff and very rewarding.

Cons

Can get a little stressful

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2017-10-23

November 29, 2017Talent Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your honesty.

10. "Why I Love CCRI"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Moorhead, MN

Pros

I found CCRI by chance. My mom told me about a job fair happening at MSUM, so I went just to check it out. I went to the CCRI booth and got more information about the role of direct support professional. I was anxious to apply because I was a college student and I needed a flexible schedule. I was shown all of the different positions they have and how they truly have a position for everyone. I was convinced to... apply and I am so glad I did. I thankfully got hired and started the best journey of my life. CCRI quickly became one of the best decisions I have ever made. I made some of the best friends I had (from co-workers and clients!) and I grew as a person and as a staff to the people I support. CCRI has challenged me and pushed me to be a better person and because of that, I have found what I believe to be my calling. I couldn't imagine my life without my clients or this job and I hopefully will never have to. At just 20 years old, I hold a full-time benefited position and am thriving and I truly couldn't ask for a better job.

Cons

I think the only downside to CCRI is that if I were to ever move or quit my job, it would wreck me. My clients have become some of the most important people in my life and to leave them would be so difficult.

Advice to Management

I do think that employees could be recognized or appreciated more.

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2017-10-09

November 29, 2017Talent Specialist

Thank you so much for opening your heart and sharing your passion for this work with others. We are so glad that you found your calling. We appreciate your honest feedback.

11. "For employees"

Current Employee - Job Coach in Fortuna, CA

Pros

Enjoy working with adults with disabilitys

Cons

Managment isnt very good dont treat employees fair .

Advice to Management

Need to treat people equally not have favorites

CCRI (Creative Care for Reaching Independence)2017-10-25

November 29, 2017Talent Specialist

It states that you are a current job coach in Fortuna, CA. We are located in Moorhead, MN. CCRI provides support to people with disabilities and we do not provide job coaching. It's encouraging to hear that you enjoy supporting people with disabilities. Thank you.

Found 37 reviews