CCS Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven Sands

"love working for this company"

Current Employee - Insurance Recovery Analyst in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Insurance Recovery Analyst in Norwood, MA

I have been working at CCS Companies (More than 3 years)

Pros

always hiring and promoting from within the company.

Cons

workload is always very busy.

Advice to Management

definitely need to hire more people to spread out the work.

"Not So Great To Work For"

Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Newton, MA

I worked at CCS Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company cookouts and the employees I worked with were amazing. They are family owned business that is family oriented, so hiring any member of your family or friend with experience, is welcomed.

Cons

They are a cut throat collection agency, even with their employees at times. They have a high employee turnover rate. Some inexperienced Executives at their particular positions. HR has issues following policies.

Advice to Management

Don't hire upper management because they are your friend, hire them because of their experience.

When someone reports an executive or an employee for harassment, listen to them and actually do something about it.

"Was just OK"

Former Employee - Collector in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Collector in Salem, NH

I worked at CCS Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in Salem NH had its' advantage as NH does not have state tax taken out of your paycheck.

Cons

Always seems to be laying off or letting people go

Advice to Management

Stop switching people around on different jobs.

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Insurance Analyst in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Insurance Analyst in Newton, MA

I worked at CCS Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A nice group of people

Cons

Owners and management www horrible to employees

Advice to Management

Be considerate to employees as there not machines there humans

"CCS is Simpy The BEST"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

I have been working at CCS Companies full-time

Pros

CCS is a rewarding work environment. We get recognized for our hard work, dedication, and commitment. This company is all about teamwork and partnership creating a professional and genuine culture.

Cons

There are no cons for The CCS companies.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at CCS Companies (More than 8 years)

Pros

I would have to agree with the other reviewer that it does keep getting better. The management has taken a greater interest in employee retention and given raises to the "front line" collectors as well as taken an interest in our input. The style of collecting is customer service oriented which reduces the stress of having to be aggressive, something that does not come naturally to everyone. Good benefits package with a very generous amount of PTO. I feel valued as a employee of this company.

Cons

The stress of having to deal with the public.

Advice to Management

The raises should be company-wide. Profit-sharing would be nice.

"Getting Better all the Time."

Current Employee - Document Control Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Document Control Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at CCS Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits package- (much improved since I started long time ago) There are usually open positions in various departments if you hate your job. Free coffee and fancy bonuses for length of service. Fun to work here.

Cons

High stress work on occasion for some positions and departments. Some departments are like High School Cliques. Uneven recognition between departments company wide. Disconnect between upper management and lowest people working the front lines. The hardest working execs are super stressed and no one to alleviate them.

Advice to Management

Even though most departments got a raise overall, you left behind a bunch of other departments that are not up to even base level industry standards. Start comparing across the board and pay everyone equally. You'll get more work done faster.

"Highly recommended place to work!!"

Current Employee - General Collections and Subrogation CSA in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - General Collections and Subrogation CSA in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at CCS Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CCS is a great place to work, the staff is pleasant and the management goes out of their way to reward their employees for their hard work. If you are a hard worker CCS management makes sure you know how appreciated you are. If youre a hard worker you will be compensated very well for the hard work you put in. I am extremely satisfied with my income. The bonus structure is very fair and it is very possible to make a nice living with a career at CCS. With the great benefits, the pleasant staff and a management team whose employees are just as important as their clients, CCS is a top place to work.

Cons

As a debt collector for CCS we deal with consumers who can sometimes be very cruel. It can sometimes effect your mood. However, management acknowledges on a daily basis what we deal with. If you have a tough call youre encouraged to take a brief walk to blow off some steam. The management is constantly doing things to make us happy, including (but not limited to) randomly giving us all ice cream, buying lunch, giving out raffle tickets, scratch tickets, having floor contests and games with great prizes. Even though the job can be stressful at times, the pros of the job make up for it. The pros of the job outweigh the cons by a longshot. I would highly recommend a career at CCS to anyone looking for a great job where you can make a great living while meeting great people and having fun while you work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and as much as you appreciate what we do, we appreciate the fact that you acknowledge the hard work we put in. Thank you for maintaing an enjoyable work environment and always going above and beyond to show us how appreciated we truly are.

"Great company and wonderful people."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salem, NH

Pros

CCS is a great place to work, wonderful people to work with, were you’ll develop valuable skills and experience, reliable career advancement, very good entry-level pay as well as earnings potential.

Cons

The job can be somewhat monotonous but if you focus on helping each caller individually to the best of your abilities, the feeling of satisfaction of having helped every caller keeps you motivated. That and the awesome QA and Collections bonus program offered by the company can really help you thrive in this type of environment

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - CSA in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - CSA in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at CCS Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. There is a lot of money available to make if you are motivated enough to get it. Supervisors and management are friendly and approachable. The company looks out for the best interest of the employees and actually listens to employee feedback.

Cons

Having to deal with unpleasant people on the telephone (debtors). Thin skinned need not apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.